Do not confuse with another company with the same name, on the opposite side of the street.
I purchased a gas fireplace fro AM Studio Inc. 95 Doncater Ave., Thornhill, including installation.
I had a VERY BAD experience, mainly with the installer, Reza, manager of Techno Air Heating and Cooling.
When researching to purchase the gas fireplace my wife and I went to several stores, and really were positively impressed by Homer, as he explained us very professionally the pros and cons of the different fireplaces, and helped us make a decision for the most convenient for our place.
But with the installation everything went very bad, it was a nightmare.
It looks like AM Group Studio Inc. subcontracts the installation job with this irresponsible, unrespectful and rude installer.
The installer didn't show up on the scheduled time, he showed up 6 hours later. The second day, which he promised would come to finish, he didn't show up, and came without notice the next day.
First, the installer went, without permission and without asking anybody, into the side of the house which is the neighbours access to their backyard, and cut some plastic ties on the gate, the neighbours had in place for their dog not to run out. When the neighbour came to tell him he could not do that, he treated her very rudely saying he had to do his job and could not be bothered.
He had to cut the garage ceiling and take out part of the insulation, in order to run a gas pipe. Once the pipe was in place, I asked him to put back the insulation and repair the holes he cut in the ceiling, he answered me that he wouldn't do it because "it is not my job". I had to pay my contractor to put the insulation back in place and repair the drywall in the garage ceiling.
Then, when running the pipe, he apparently found some resistance, and he kept forcing the pipe, and when he did this, he damaged an electrical cable, but didn't tell anybody about it.
I became aware that something was not right, as the lights of a staircase didn't work anymore, after he ran the pipe. My contractor went into the wall with a camera and found out about the damage. When I told the installer to repair it, he said he wouldn't do it.
As this had to be repaired once the gas fireplace was installed, my contractor, had to remove it in order to access the place where the cable had to be replaced from the panel in the basement all the way up to the second floor. When my contractor removed the gas fireplace to repair the cable, he found out that there was an open crack of about one inch wide by approx. 4 inches long, along the side of the outside vent, leaving this enter cold, heat and bugs of any type.
My contractor had to fill the gap and surrounding area with foam.
When I had the first problem with the neighbour and the garage ceiling and insulation, I talked to Homer, who was not very sympathetic with what happened.
I had to pay an additional amount as the length of the gas pipe exceeded what was included in the installation, form which I discounted part of it for the repair of the damaged cable, but it didn't cover all the other damage done by the contractor. Homer wouldn't take responsibility of all these damages, and left me paying for everything that had to be repaired.
When I discovered about the open crack, I went again to see Homer, who told me that I only was complaining all the time. What else should I do? Shut up and keep everything to myself?
This time, when I told him about the open crack, he asked if the installer had sealed the outside vent, which he hadn't done. Homer showed up the next day with another person who did the outside caulking.
Of course I have pictures to back up every damaged caused by this installer.
I would NOT recommend AM Group Studio Inc. to anybody, because of the experience described above.