Better Care Appliance Repair

Reviews for Better Care Appliance Repair

joycegrace in Toronto
joycegrace in Toronto
0 reviews Delta, BC

Very honest, truly helpful, and super knowledgeable

I just want the world to know this: I contacted SEVERAL appliance repair companies, including the one recommended by GE's customer service. This was after I started hearing a ticking noise on my fridge, which came on and off intermittently. I googled with several search phrases to find an appliance repair company, so I really did do my research.

In this process of contacting appliance repair companies, I took a video on my phone so that all the providers could hear the ticking noise the fridge was making.

Better Care Appliance Repair is the ONLY company that was upfront and honest with me, from the start. They told me, straight up, that they thought it was the compressor, and it was probably not worth the cost to fix something like that.

On that note, to the discredit of GE, I was really surprised. Did you know that a compressor can cost like, $700? My whole fridge was maybe $800. And it's 5 years old! But guess what, warranty ends after 1 year. So yeah. Not buying GE anymore...

Anyway, that's besides the point. TWO of the reps at this appliance repair company contacted me, and both of them had individually taken the time to watch my video, and both gave me the same answer. I think they were both the actual 'fix it' guys too, and not a receptionist. Amazing.

That is in comparison to the totally uneducated customer service people from other companies. One of them couldn't even answer the question, "do you replace compressors as a company?"

ALL the other companies - all of them - wanted me to pay a $120+/- fee to "diagnose" the issue in person. Then they wanted me to pay this and that for the fix on top of the consult.

In all fairness, Better Care Appliance Repair DID tell me that to know for sure what was wrong, they'd have to physically come and see the fridge. But before wasting their time and my money, they told me, upfront, what the issue probably was, knowing it was probably not going to be beneficial for ME to have them come.

I mean, seriously, THAT is good business. Just be honest! All the other companies were trying to get a diagnosis fee out of me, when they probably knew what was going on.

Or, they don't know appliances as well as the guys at Better Care Appliance Repair.

Either way, I now know who to trust, and who can really do the job. And, I know who is not going to try to extract unnecessary fees from me.

I asked the guy who called me a lot of questions and he was SO patient with me, when really, he didn't have to be explaining refrigerators to me, as a non-paying customer.

So sure, maybe they didn't get a penny out of me on this inquiry. But now, when it's time to replace an appliance, I know where to go. If a friend needs a fix, I know who to tell them to use.

And they sure deserve this 5 star review.

Lacee in Surrey
Lacee in Surrey
0 reviews Surrey, BC

Washer repair

I believe his name was don? He was super kind, efficient, quiet and worked quickly.. he worked around my schedule to get it done asap which was much appreciated. My washer is working perfectly now. Thanks so much.

Ps’ he is extremely handsome, he can call me if he ever wants to go for coffee ?

Sarita in Vancouver
Sarita in Vancouver
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Super professional, reasonably priced and arrived on time!

Our old washer stopped working and Don from Better Care Appliances was at our house shortly after we called. He was super helpful, professional and explained all the steps. And was really fairly priced, Will definitely use them from now on for all our appliance repairs. Highly recommend!

Joan in Burnaby
Joan in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Washing machine repair

Don was courteous, patient and knowledgeable. He cleaned the area when he was finished which was much appreciated. I would recommend his expertise and plan to call again if we need any appliance servicing.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We work extremely hard to create a culture of extraordinary work ethic and high level of customer satisfaction. Thank you, Better Care Appliance Repair.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Poor Service

Had a 9am-12pm appointment booked. Technician showed up at 11:57am and did not have the part on him that was needed for the dryer because he said the office never told him the model make or number. He then had to leave to go pick up a part from a warehouse somewhere and did not return for 45 minutes. Did not finish repair until 1:15pm. Not impressed with the service and will never go back

Veronica in
Veronica in
4 reviews Delta, BC

Appliance Repair

We have an Amana refrigerator with a bottom freezer. We love our fridge but the fridge half had stopped working and was not keeping the food cold. We phoned Better Care at 8 in the morning and they were able to send a technician over at mid day to assess the problem. Alex arrived on time, reviewed the issue, explained the possible causes and provided an estimate. He quickly and thoroughly completed the repair.
Excellent service, professional staff and reasonable cost. Would definitely recommend this company.

Karin
Karin
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Dishwasher Repair

Our dishwasher was making strange noises so we put out a request through HomeStars for a repair person. Better Care Appliance Care sent out Alex, who was excellent.

Alex diagnosed and fixed our dishwasher issue, as well as made a small repair to our washing machine. He was friendly and communicative and did great work!

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

Washer machine fix

Alex quickly identified and fixed the problem, replacing the door lock sensor got the machine working again. He was punctual and professional.

My only concern would be the labour rate charge the company has.
It was $100 to have them come, that money goes towards any work done
Approx. $60 part
Approx 1 hour from arrival to departure
Total cost of job $346.41

Don S in New Westminster
Don S in New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Asko Washer Repair

It seemed finding a company to repair our 9 yr old Asko washer would be a real crapshoot. Lots of promises made by the companies I'd called but no one inspired confidence.

Called Better Care and spoke with a friendly, real live person. I'd called 5 other companies and got a voicemail/message tree/hold message. Cheryl explained how they worked - pricing, response, technician qualifications - the fee structure and response made sense.

Made an appt for this morning for a time from 9:00 to noon. Her tech called at 9:05 and we set a 9:30 appt. Alex was friendly and above all knowledgeable. I outlined what the washer did and he LISTENED. He then spent 20 minutes working with the machine to diagnose the issue and how to fix. He sourced the part and left to pick it up. He returned an hour later, replaced the worn part, tested the fix and the washer worked well.

Very impressed with the professionalism and customer service of both Cheryl and the tech, Alex. Friendly, prompt and did not mess about.

When my wife is happy that this potentially long and expensive job was completed quickly at a reasonable cost, then I am happy. I'll certainly call these guys again if any of our other appliances fail.

As an aside, I'm a property manager in my day job. We deal with contractors and customer service for a living, 7 days a week. In my opinion this company is customer-centric and agile enough to get the job done right in the least amount of time. Nicely done!

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We work extremely hard to create a culture of extraordinary work ethic and a high level of customer satisfaction. Thank you, Better Care Appliance Repair.

A martin
A martin
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

Compact washer problem

Beni was courteous and informative.
He was helpful in helping us make a decision on the future washing needs.
He is a significant asset to the company and should be enabled.

More about Better Care Appliance Repair

We offer Same Day appliance, Warrantied & Affordable Appliance Service and Repairs in Vancouver and surrounding cities. All Makes and Models! For A Free Quote Call and same day service, please call 778-986-8277
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Vancouver?