At first evaluation, Alex found the problem is the INF-switch and needs to be replaced. We agreed the total cost including the necessary parts and labor to be $400. Everything seemed simple and straight forward.
A couple of days later Alex returned with the new switches and replaced the old ones with new. All done, paid the balance and we were happy.
Then the following 2 weeks or so the troubles started. Alex was call back again and after more examination, we found that the new switches are not the same one as the original. After Alex gave up and left, I spent hours on the web and found that the manufacturer's replacement part number actually applied to 3 different types of the switches. Local parts suppliers where Alex sources carry the wrong, older models only. Thus not functions properly on my stove.
I contacted Alex again and explained the situation, and he 100% agreed that the blame should be on the manufacturer then he offered me the full refund for the work except the initial call charge.
The stove is not fixed yet but his offer of the refund (may not be 100% fair to him) makes me happy and gives me the full confidence in Better Care.
Now I am waiting for the arrival of the exact switches I need, then replace them by myself. But I am sure I will give Better Care a call when the new repair projects occur in our household!