Vaughan ON L4K

Best of 2019 winnerBest of 2019winner

Reviews for Harmony Basements Corp.

Jaimie and li. L.  in Milton
Jaimie and li. L. in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Entertainment and work station

Jaimie. Milton

This was our First renovation experience and did not have anything to compare to. How ever our designer Diego has shown all the experience needed to create and accomplish what we had in mind.
In terms of selections it was simple as all the options were available and shown in the decore studio.

The process during construction was conveyed to us in a timely manner although we did had a few days of no progress due to some lead time of materials and inspections, However the project itself turned out amazing.

Our family enjoy it very much.

We have recommended Harmony to others for their quality work done to our basement and customer service provide when needed.

Hi Jamie and Li,
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review outlining your experience with Harmony Basements. We certainly appreciate your business and your kind words justify our efforts. The entire Harmony Basements team work hard to make sure you're satisfied and that your experience is a positive one. Thanks again for submitting a review, enjoy your new basement!

Jawid in Bradford
Jawid in Bradford
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Basement finishing project

I will try to keep this review brief, hoping not to bore the readers. I signed up to finish my basement in early Sep 2018 with Harmony with expected completion in 6-8 weeks. The project finished at the end of Nov 2018.

Overall, I am satisfied with the final job, although few things could have been done better. The basement looks nice.

I am not entirely satisfied with the process that took to get this job done. At one point, I was even thinking of cancelling the work mid-way and taking legal measures, however, I decided to keep working with the company in good faith. It was also encouraging that the owner of the company tried his best to fix the situation.

Harmony sent 3 guys to do the framing and drywall. This soon turned into a horror show (one that you see in reality TV shows sometimes). These guys totally butchered the work and I have detailed pictures and videos to prove this should it be necessary. The framing was not straight. the Ceiling was caving down in the middle. At one point, they almost tried to skip the sound proofing part. I had to get my mom to supervise them round the clock because trust was broken. The plasterer came and could not fix the problem. The errors were so extensive that another framer was sent to literally redo certain parts of the framing again. Of course, unfortunately not everything was redone so I still have to live with less than a perfect job in some areas of the basement. The plumber also made several errors but finally got the work done.

Moving forward, the plasterer was great, he covered much of the mishap that was left behind by the initial framers. The work was further delayed by a number of days where no one showed up. The flooring, bathroom, and kitchen part was done without much problems. The door casings were ordered wrong, but they immediately rectified this and reordered the right ones. I was not too happy with the flow of communication between the office and the project manager but I guess that happens. The project manager was helpful. I had to be very strict with him to ensure that things got done the way that I wanted them and to ensure I got the quality of work that I paid for. He was accommodating and courteous which was very helpful.

The office manager was very helpful with selections. I wasn't happy when some orders were not exactly as they appeared on the website but she adjusted the price accordingly. There were days when my emails weren't replied promptly or in some cases at all, but this could have been due to frustration on their part since the project didn't go as planned and/or I may have been deemed too demanding. In any case, the platform (Buildertrend) through which communication was done and the work was followed was very helpful.

I learned a lot from this experience and here are a few suggestions:
1. do your research, get consultations from many companies before signing up with one.
2. stay highly involved in your project, especially when you pay so much and/or if you plan to live in the place and enjoy it.
3. take some time off work and supervise the important steps ( framing, drywall, and electrical/plumbing work. essentially the steps that are covered and you cannot see later how it was done.
4. keep documents and proof of the work progress, in case things don't go according to plan and you need to take legal action.

Lastly, I still want to thank this company for finishing the job even though it took longer than expected and was painful at times. I have been quite diligent and thoughtful with the score I gave them. I hope that they read this review and use this as a constructive feedback and not be offended in any way.

Hi Jawid, thanks for the honest review.
No excuses, we had the wrong framing and drywalling crew for this job, first and last job for them as they are no longer part of our team after our framing supervisor personally inspected and had to rectify their work.

The schedule was behind by 2 days, as per your project's client portal, it shows that the start date was September 10, Final deficiencies were finished on Nov 12. On Nov 19 we sent a painter just to finish painting a high wall in the main floor that our previous worker couldn't reach. But the basement was finished on the 12th.

We apologize for not giving you the best customer experience Jawid, and we definitely take this as a constructive feedback. You are a very diligent homeowner and we respect that. You decided to go with Harmony after seeing all major competitors and liked us for the following 3 main reasons:
1. Because you knew we are honest.
2. We're also diligent, as we took the time to develop a full 3D render in the initial meeting showing all details of the interiors before you even hired us... we also walked you and your family through the design with our high tech 3D-VR (virtual reality)
3. And the most important, you did a HomeStars Search on major competitors (sorted the score from lowest to highest ratings looking for the negative first and got really scared by the many many complaints they have.. also the "suspiciously removed by author" negative previous reviews)

Harmony Basements is recognized by HomeStars as "the best basement renovation contractor of 2018" for having ZERO negative reviews from previous clients and "No suspiciously removed by author" reviews. We take our work very seriously and customer satisfaction is our highest priority, when head office received your complaint in November, the project manager on charge got into probation, it's evident that the supervision for this project wasn't done according to Harmony' standards; in December we had to let him go because of the frustration we all experienced with this project.

Harmony's project management application shows before, during and after pictures of all basements... and yours looks espectacular!

Our clients shouldn't be supervising our work themselves; Harmony's one stop solution has in-house project & quality control managers for every job. As you experienced, we do everything by the book with building permits and have a complete workforce of desigers, architects/engineers and in-house trades.

All clients need to be involved in the initial rough-ins for approvals of final chalk-line pre-framing layout, outlets/switches/fixtures placement, etc. 2-3 days. We do this to avoid changes that could delay the project.

Thank you for your business. Enjoy the basement!

J. R in Brampton
J. R in Brampton

Finished basement

First meeting with designer was great. Selection at decore studio was good with many different options.

Perfect finishes at main floor and basement finishing.

Great people to work with honest and on time.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Harmony. Enjoy your new Kitchen in the main floor and the new remodeled basement, too bad we didn't have the chance to remodel the builder's finished bathroom in the basement :( Thank you for your business!

F. M in Toronto
F. M in Toronto

Great finish basements and bathroom

the job was done really well And I'm very happy with the whole construction process. Decore and design selection was great.

Work took longer then expected but the final result was fantastic.
I would definetly recommend harmony basements for anyone looking to have a basement professionally done.

Thanks for the review. The city of Toronto sometimes put our schedule behind. Finishing basements the right way like Harmony does, eg.. with proper R20 insulation on exterior foundation walls, all required inspections, etc... takes time! We're glad to hear that you are happy. Thanks again and enjoy the new basement!

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

FANTASTIC GYM-RELAX AND PLAY AREA BASEMENT

A and A

We understand Contruction is a hard thing to do with limited time and space , However the overall results have been ntothing but satisfying.

Every one on their team from the sales design to the project manager assigned very professional and very knowledgeable.
Everyone did whatever needed to accomplish the beautiful finish Gym and basement we enjoy today , they have turned an empty space to one of a kind play / exercise and relax area.

We would defenetly recommend Harmony Basements to anyone planning to finish a basements professionally.

Vaughan On.

Thank you for the review. We're glad that you are happy with our team, the process and the final result. We can't wait to showcase this beautiful basement in the spring. We're excited about this new years' open-house showcase events where homeowners interested in renovating their basement will be able to see our work in person on the weekends, they will also experience the "3D Virtual Reality Basement Design" we created together with the client in the initial consultation before they hire us, a unique experience found nowhere else!
Thank you for choosing Harmony Basements!

Orleen in Toronto
Orleen in Toronto

Legal second suit basement

Harmony basements fantastic experience.

I am very happy with the quality, commitment and outcome result that Harmony Basements have shown in my home.
I now know this is a company stands for what they promise and believe. Harmony has added value to my investment with great finishing.
From the initial sales meeting and decor to the management system they use it was noticeable that they have the knowledge to do good work.
I was never kept in the dark when the quote was given to me and there was no hidden fees or added cost.

Over all Great work and because of that I would definitely recommend Harmony basements for a professionally finished basement.

O. S.
Toronto On.

Dear Orleen, thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. Working with clients like you is always a pleasure and an amazing experience. When we meet you at the National Home Show back in March, we knew that was just the beginning of a long-term business-relationship. I saw the progress: before demo, rough ins and finished product in the scanned 3D-Virtual-Tour that was uploaded to the Harmony Building Project Management System / client portal, and that soon will be uploaded into our case-study portfolio web-page: https://harmonybasements.ca/our-work/ -- and let me tell you that the transformation looks incredible, the purple closed cell R20 spray foam insulation looks neat, the 3 new Egress Windows, it's just fantastic. We are glad to know that you are happy with the legal 2 bedroom basement apartment. As a continued service we are just a phone call away if you need our assistance. Thank you again for your business!

Diego Botia
Sales & Marketing Director

Cameron
Cameron
1 review Milton, ON

Basement Renovation

10/10 - will recommend to friends and family. Work started and completed on schedule for our basement renovation project. We are extremely pleased with the end result - it turned out even better than I had expected. High quality materials and craftsmanship a high level of professionalism with contractors and project managers. It was a pleasure working with our Project Manager Seth and our design consultant Sasha. Thanks Harmony!

Hello Cameron,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We will make sure to pass on your kind words to our great team. It was our pleasure working with you on this project. We're glad you enjoyed the process and are happy with our high quality materials, workmanship and the final product. Thanks again for the review and for choosing Harmony Basements.

Lawrence A.
Regional Sales Manager

Miriam19582 in Vaughan
Miriam19582 in Vaughan

Basement Renovation

Exceptional work by Harmony. We interviewed 4 other companies and when we finally met with Harmony, it was an easy decision. Our first POC Mark put together a beautiful design using a really cool 3D design software that was so detailed. We tried just about every wall colour, door styles and even a barn door till we picked the final design. We also determined what kind of electrical wiring we needed to get done like the the pot lights, switches, outlets, etc. A wet bar designed to scale. We were also able to access the 3D video after from their clients portal application. All this gave us the confidence to go with them because we knew that we were on the same page right down to the tee, and there isn’t any ambiguity on what the final build or final cost will be. Harmony has definitely set a high bar for the industry to follow. Excellent work Harmony team!

Miriam, thank you for leaving a review, and for mentioning Mark, he's one of the most diligent and incredible designers we have in the team. Mark's creative ideas combined with Harmony's technology have helped many clients design fantastic basements and kitchens. The design team here at Harmony Basements is thrilled to hear such good feedback. We're proud to be one of the best basement renovation contractors in Toronto and the GTA, and the only one capable to generate a comprehensive 3D-VR (Virtual Reality) design and have future clients test drive their basement free of charge and before agreeing to go with us... in the comfort of their own house!
Enjoy your basement Miriam, and thanks again for sharing your experience with other homeowners that are here looking for the right basement renovator or kitchen remodeling contractor.

Diego Botia | Sales and Marketing Director
Harmony Basements Corp.
Proud RenoMark, CHBA and BILD members.

Lina
Lina
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement Renovation

Hi, I just want to share my experience with all of you choosing the company for finishing my basement. Not long ago, we decided to finish our basement. After a long search, we found Harmony Basements. On our first meeting with Diego and Lawrence, I was blown away. They planned a 3D computer image for my basement - very professional and detailed. The price was amazing (compared with the other companies), and we started this big project. Seth and Leo came into the picture. Very professional and patient, they were following the whole process and dealing with any small problems on the way. Everything was done on schedule and finished on time as they promised. There was no problem changing a few small things from the original plan. Very clean and professional job, friendly staff and contractors. Over all, our basement was done and turned into an amazing beautiful apartment with a kitchen, office, bedroom, entertainment area, and storage room. Excellent job Harmony Basements! And again, I want to say thank you to everyone who contributed to complete this project and particularly to the Harmony Basement staff. Keep doing the good job :) Strongly recommended!!!

Hi Lina,
We are glad you enjoyed your experience with Harmony Basements. The 3D AutoCAD design is our specialty, the virtual tour of the new enhancement to the basement is a standard for us, it helps visualize the new plans and see the potential new layout. We aim to please all of our customers and ensure satisfaction.
Cheers to the new place, and enjoy for many years to come.
Maria Paldino | Customer Service Manager

m
m

Basement completion

Very friendly individuals to deal with . Attended when they said and arrived daily and on time . Had some post construction issues but they attended and took care of matters . Would recommend their services .

Mike,
Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your basement renovation was a great success. Harmony Basements appreciates your business and we stand behind the work we do and the warranties we offer. I’m glad we got those small issues dealt with so you can enjoy your new basement.
Cheers
Maria Paldino | Customer Service Manager

More about Harmony Basements Corp.

At Harmony Basements, we help you turn your dream basement into a reality. We pride ourselves on working in perfect harmony with our clients to understand their vision and to meet their needs. We are industry leaders with over 20 years experience in providing our clients professionally designed finished basements. We are champions of green building solutions, and leading the way in providing energy-efficient, 100% eco-friendly and mould-free solutions to our valued clients in the GTA and beyond.

All of Our Basements Are:

● Done with building permits and electrical inspections
● Built to last™ with waterproofed and mould-free sustainable Wall boards & engineer vinyl plank floors
● Protected by our transferable lifetime Warranty

Our Free In-Home Consultation Includes:

● Free 3D Render Design (Detailed architectural, electrical and mechanical drawings)
● Free Itemized & Transparent Quote (Detailed scope of work included)
● ⋆⋆⋆NEW⋆⋆⋆ Free Virtual Reality Tour - Immersive 3D Design Experience Found Nowhere Else!
(You can now submerge yourself in the design model we'll create together. You got to see it to believe it...)

⋆⋆⋆ REQUEST YOUR FREE DESIGN CONSULTATION ⋆⋆⋆
Call Today or Click the GET A QUOTE button now

Servicing:
Toronto | Vaughan | Woodbridge | Richmond Hill | Thornhill | Aurora | King City | Kleinburg | Bradford | Markham | Stouffville | Newmarket | Unionville | North York | Etobicoke | Brampton | Bolton | Mississauga | Milton | Oakville | Burlington | Caledon | Brampton | Georgetown | East York | Scarborough | Pickering | Ajax | Whitby | Maple | Nobleton | Oshawa |