AEPHLI Contracting

AEPHLI Contracting
905-626-5626
Oshawa
L1H 3M7

We recently completed a major design and build project in our 1460 sq.ft basement using Aephli contracting and we must say we are extremely satisfied with the results. We had pretty good idea about what we wanted but had no idea how much better it would turn out due to efforts of team at Aephli contracting. We were looking at one stop design and build solution. After our first meeting with Chris, the owner at Aephli contracting, we knew we found the right person for the job. Now I can say confidently that Chris has executed our vision of the basement to the T. His attention to detail is spectacular, not a single corner missed out on. With a 15 months old at home, he ensured that noise levels would not bother us and always informed in advance if there was going to be extreme noise. The job site was kept crystal clean every single day.
Lastly Chris is not only a great contractor but also a very good human being.
Thanks Chris, you did amazing work for us!!!
Chris, please thank the team at AEPHLI CONTRACTING on our behalf.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!!!!

Thank you so much. Good luck with your space and I hope it benefits you greatly in your future.

Lindsay in Toronto
Lindsay in Toronto

House conversion to legal duplex renovation

We are extremely pleased with how this project turned out! Chris has been amazing since the beginning, very responsive and great communication throughout! The attention to detail and craftsmanship shows throughout the home in every room! We are so glad to have hired this company with high expectations we are very happy customers and will definitely recommend and work with Chris again on future projects! Thanks again Aephli!

That's great news! Good luck with your new property!

Bill
Bill

Basement renovation

Chris, thanks for transforming the bsmt into a livable area. We had to gut the bsmt due to water/moisture damage. After interviewing several other contractors, Chris discovered the reason for the damage and provided a thorough quote - completing the project within our budget. His work speaks for itself. He was a pleasure to deal with and have already spoken about future projects.

Thanks Bill! I'm glad you're happy. It will be a pleasure working with you in the future.

Trish
Trish

Repair and Upgrade

We needed a repair done to our old popcorm ceiling. Chris was the only contractor who came in and suggested upgrading the room at the same time. He communicated his schedule everyday, let us know how things were progressing, and he did an excellent job. We are so happy with his work we have asked him to quote another project for us.

It was a joy completing this project for you. And I look forward to working with you again!

Tracy
Tracy
1 review Port Perry, ON

Ensuite bathroom renovation, new walk-in closet, kitchen pot lights

It was such a pleasure working with Chris. He was very responsive and extremely helpful in making selections, providing ideas and suggestions. He was very thorough, accommodating and professional! The work area was always kept clean and he stayed on budget. The whole experience from consultation to completion was amazing. It is evident he takes pride in his work. There were a couple small hiccups along the way (as expected) but Chris goes above and beyond to make things right. We love our new ensuite bathroom, walk-in closet with archway to bedroom....and new kitchen pot lights and pendants. Thanks for everything Chris. Will definitely call again for future projects!

Thank you Tracy! I'm so glad you were understanding. I always make sure if there is a problem that I do everything in my power to resolve it, at my own expense.

rward8775
rward8775

Basement laminate flooring

This is the second time we hired Chris
And would hire him agian no questions asked.
He does exceptional work and keeps the work area clean and always communicates how the project is coming
He starts and finishes when he says he will!
Great guy completely professional.

Thanks Ron! I'm glad you are happy with my work. And look forward to future projects!

Chris
Chris
1 review Whitby, ON

Kitchen ceiling & sky light repair. Sky light had been slowly leaking over last few years causing the interior ceiling to start falling apart.

Chris is amazing at what he does. Although our job was small he did an amazing quality job over the course of 3 days. He is very detailed and cares more about the little details than most home owners would. He is equally professional, courteous, friendly and an overall pleasure to deal with. Additionally he was ultra clean, we would not even notice he worked each day when he left, and this included sanding drywall! He has a hi-tech hepa filtered drywall vacuum, no dust! And to top it off he worked so quietly, my 3 year old son and I actually napped for 3 hours, which while Chris managed to tear down and replace half our kitchen ceiling, I was truly amazed. This explains his 10 out of 10 average rating here on homestars. Thanks again Chris, top notch work!!

Thanks Chris. I'm glad you found time to give us such a great review, even for a smaller project such as this. I hope you enjoy your fresh looking ceiling for years to come!

Anna D.
Anna D.
1 review Oshawa, ON

Basement Reno (drywall and bulk heads)

Needed some bulkheads and a wall put up in our partially finished basement. Chris said he can do the job in a week and he came through. He finished on time, as promised. Chris was very accommodating as we had to add a small bulk head to the initial project. Had no problem adding that on to the job and didn't charge any extra.
Great at what he does. Would recommend him to others and use him for future projects. No question.

Thank you Anna. I'm very happy that I could be of service and look forward to working with you on future projects. :D

kaila.a.johnson in York
kaila.a.johnson in York

Soundproofing

This review is a number of months overdue (sorry!), but I hired Aephli Contracting based on their Homestars reviews to complete a soundproofing project on the first and second floor of my semi-detached home. They were professional, quick, efficient, clean, and always on-time to complete their work. They completed the work as discussed, and never strayed from the plan without my written consent. The final product was high quality, and I can now sleep more soundly and enjoy my home :)

I would certainly hire them again for future work, and would recommend them to those looking to renovate their homes!

Thank you Kaila! Better late than never. Every review counts and I am so glad you found the time to give me this recommendation!

Brad R.
Brad R.
1 review Courtice, ON

Basement finishing

Very professional , fair price and great attention to detail . Best around hands down for drywall and other home Reno needs.

Thanks Brad! It was a pleasure working with you.

More about AEPHLI Contracting

We would like to thank our clients for making us the company we are today. Your wonderful reviews have won us the "Best of 2018" and "Best of 2017" Homestars Award for York Region and Durham Region. Thank you!

Our Company, AEPHLI Contracting, was developed in early 2016. Although we are relatively new, we have years of experience in the field of construction. Family owned and operated, we have been performance ming renovations in the residential sector, handling projects that range from small repairs to finished basements, while also tackling larger renovations up to and including the demolition and re-finishing of entire homes. Our goal is to establish a reputation that we can be proud of; one that will make an impact in our local community. We are fully licensed and insured and put our guarantee on all the services we perform.

Our main operations deal with home renovations. We can take care of work carefully and efficiently, helping the homeowner either ready their home to move in or helping to prepare their home for market, such as by adding one of our signature detailed ceilings as shown in our photo gallery. We will take care of setup, design, construction and clean-up with no hassle to the homeowner. We can take a project from studs to paint and increase the value of your home.

Our services include framing, insulation, drywall, taping, painting, doors and trim, as well as many other trades. Anything we cannot personally handle, we have the right contacts to get the job, not just done, but done right, while keeping our work clean and affordable.

We recently adopted the Festool brand of dust extraction systems into the AEPHLI Contracting family. It is now nearly dust free for repairs, keeping you and your family safe from airborne particles. We have the ability to sand the taping of a project without leaving a trace of dust on the floor.