Renovate Plus

Reviews for Renovate Plus

Marvin
Marvin

Ceiling Fixture

John was a pleasure to deal with. He installed a ceiling fan and a new electrical outlet in a bedroom. He patched up the holes in the wall and ceiling and he cleaned up after himself. He also replaced our front porch light with a new one. I would recommend his services and would hire again.

Thanks for the great review Marvin! Let me know if I can help with any future projects!

Saba
Saba

Bedroom and Dining Room Lighting

John and Alex did a great job installing two bedroom ceiling lights and replacing a chandelier in the dining room. They were both professional, tidy and worked hard to make sure that the job was done right. They also provided great customer services. After I realized there was a manufacturing problem with one of the fixtures, John was flexible about coming back on another day after I had exchanged it to reinstall the new fixture.

I'm happy everything has worked out well Saba! Feel free to call anytime and thanks for your post.

Victoria in North York, Ontario Canada
Victoria in North York, Ontario Canada

Extremely rude, terrible experience, too expensive for nothing really done

I emailed John asking to come to replace the old bathroom fans in 2 bathrooms as they are very loud and to check if the problem with a dryer is caused by the dryer or electric system (it turned the fuse off after 1 to 20 minutes work). John came, took a look at everything and said that he knows how to fix everything. I got happy and agreed to the price that looked good.

He went to the store, came back and spent on everything about 20 minutes, and said that everything is done.

In result:
- both fans are just a bit less loud then before, but it's absolutely not what I needed!!!! When I complained, he said that he made it cheap for me. But I didn't need cheap, I needed done well!!!

- he just replaced dryer fuse with a larger one, that is one-time only use, and the next time we used it, the new fuse just went off, so the problem wasn't related to fuse, it's a dryer.

- he broke a light bulb. When I asked to remove the glass (and I had a 10 month old baby on my hands) John was very upset about it and just pretended he did it, left many pieces on the floor. One of my tenants stepped on the glass left the same evening and cut his foot. Had to cancel his plans that day.

When I was trying to contact John after that, he was very rude and not going to help to solve anything. As problems with his "work" were discovered when he left, and after the tenant got hurt, I was going to stop the check to somehow make him solve the issue, as $310 for just nothing is too much!!! But John was very quick in depositing the check. I'm going to file an official complain and to take him to the court. It's absolutely NOT how it should be done.

There were lots of other small things that added to bad client relationship that I should have paid attention to in the beginning, like that he stopped at the parking lot and for some reason waited for me to come with the baby (and it was very cold and windy) to come and show him the way, and that he kept calling me someone else's name, even after I told him many times what my name is. And he didn't even apologise!

Absolutely don't recommend! Rude, didn't solve an issue, took money and ran away.

Very sorry to hear that Victoria has had an unpleasant experience. I personally repaired two fans and put proper fusing for her dryer informing her that if that didn't solve the problem it was the dryer. We agreed that the fans were not quiet as the were original and it was a motor replacement that I did. As for the broken light bulb it was in a dangerous spot above the panel. We swept it up and as she knew about it I'm certain she would do a final check of the basement floors. It is clear from all of my reviews that I am a good reliable contractor in good standing and it is upsetting when a client is trying to ruin my reputation over a personal issue. As for running away with her money It was a $275 Service call requiring two visits and parts with 2 men. Expensive?

Ned
Ned

Chandelier install

John and Alex did a great job installing a chandelier in a difficult location in my two-storey condo loft,above a staircase. They had to bring in scaffolding because it was impossible to get a long enough ladder to my unit on the 18th floor. They were extremely careful bringing pieces up the elevator, through the halls, and in my unit, which I appreciated. They even cleaned up after. Very happy with the service I received.

Thanks for your feedback Ned. Our pleasure!

Dave i.
Dave i.

Potlight installation - soffit

Found him on Kijiji and corresponded via text prior to having him do the work.
In Dec/2016 John and his staff supplied/installed 6 potlights, 2 on the east side and 4 on the west side of our home. They were LED and complemented the existing potlights on the front of our house.
He arrived promptly and we reviewed the work that was requested. He proposed repositioning the potlights, which worked out better than my initial plan. He and his apprentice were very
professional and tidy. He did a quick analysis and replaced a defective breaker for my Jacuzzi as well. They were here for about 4hrs. I would definitely refer him to friends and family.

Thanks for your review Dave. Hope you enjoy the new lighting.

Erica
Erica

Laundry room and powder room renovation

John and his team did a great job! I was very happy with the end results. Both rooms look great! John was professional and always available for any questions I had. We will be contacting him again in the future for additional renovations!

Thank you John!

Thanks Erica. It was a pleasure working with you and Robert!

susan
susan

chandelier install

John and his staff made a tricky install look easy.. they were prompt, polite, knowledgeable and professional.. will use him again for sure

Thanks Susan . The fixture looks great in your house....you have great taste!

mjbreadner
mjbreadner
1 review Ajax, ON

Soffit pot accent lights

John did an excellent job ! His work was very thorough and complete. He was always available to discuss options and worked efficiently to get the job done in s timely manner. I would highly recommend him.

Glad to hear the lighting worked out well Mark. Thanks for your positive feedback!

Phil L.
Phil L.

Basement reno

John helped us right from the start with some great ideas and product suggestions. He started the project right and away and worked quickly, cleanly and efficiently. His electrical work is impeccable and his attitude is always professional and enthusiastic. Would definitely recommend and work with him again.

Thank you Phil! Great working with you. Enjoy your new space. I will be glad to help you with any future projects.

More about Renovate Plus

Renovate Plus is owned and operated by licensed electrician and contractorJohn Anderson who has over 25 years experience in the renovating and electrical contracting industry. Renovate Plus is the go to company to complete your interior and exterior home renovations and repairs, including bathroom and kitchen remodeling, basement finishing, custom ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?