Az Roofing

Reviews for Az Roofing

Annika in Toronto
Annika in Toronto

Garage Roof and gutters replaced

We have a new roof on our garage and new gutters within a week of getting a quote. They were on time (Tony was even early), professional and coureous. Left the site clean and even showed us after pictures of the job. They went above and beyond by checking the lead guards on our house roof and adding silicone where they noticed a leak. Would highly recommend them!

Fred in Toronto
Fred in Toronto

Emergency shingle roof repairs

The Company was contacted late Monday morning by early afternoon
they had inspected the roof, taken photos to show the damage and
Quoted a price. The job could be done that day or next only problem
Was a colour match so we went for the next day.
Very professional

Pablo in Toronto
Pablo in Toronto

Customer Service

I've had my roof done with AZ roofing 8 years ago. I had some missing shingles. Called them and they were here the next day and fixed the problem. They are very reliable trust worthy and provide high quality work. Recommend to everyone

Yasmin in Toronto
Yasmin in Toronto

Roof repair

I got leak in my kitchen ceiling. I call the AZ and same day a guy (Zak) came to see the roof and give me the estimate. Next day he came and fix the problem. Very efficient service.

Lizz Dingman  in Thornton
Lizz Dingman in Thornton
1 review Thornton, ON

Roof

It took Zak over 2 months to build a roof (many excuses). 2 years later roof is still incomplete cannot get a completion on building permit. Will not return calls to building inspector or myself. Salesman John will also not return calls. Job is incomplete and did not comply to building inspections. Very unprofessional on both John and Zak. Would not recommend these people to anyone.

saisharan in Scarborough
saisharan in Scarborough

Roof Repair

I had a great experience with the visit of Zak from AZ Roofing.
To start, he was on time and extremely respectful. He took the time to explain the assessment done on my roof and gutters and he made great recommendations.
He actually spent time testing the level of the gutters by pouring water and that test gave me a piece of mind since I thought they were all clogged.
they followed up with their quotes, responsibly and did excellent work
In addition, he was able to share with me all the pictures taken of my roof.
Though this is my first time to do business with him, I felt he is professional and reasonable.
Overall, I had a great experience and I highly recommend AZ Roofing.

Stephen Jo in Toronto
Stephen Jo in Toronto

Roof

DO NOT go with AZ Roofing. They are the typical 'once we finish your job you're on your own' type of company. I had my roof done back in August 2017 and at first some minor issues such as nails and screws left on the drive way after the work was done which led to a flat tire, also they said it'll take a day but it took two days. Another thing I can't forget is the drainage from the roof was done so poorly that it would leak everywhere not properly drain where it was suppose to drain.
The biggest issue is I asked them and called/emailed them at least 20 times asking for a repair on the drainage and for my WARRANTY certificate on the roof and EVERY SINGLE TIME the reply was 'We will drop if off at your house asap' it's been a year and still nope.
You may pay more with bigger companies but at least they care about their customers. AVOID at all cost do not be fooled.

Justin in Toronto
Justin in Toronto

John

John is awesome to deal with and very reasonable. He has an old school no nonsense attitude. He tells you like it is and nothing less. He will tle care of you.

Craig Burrell from Toronto
Craig Burrell from Toronto

Emergency tarping

We lost a patch of shingles in a strong wind, along with a few thousand other people in our area. I tried contacting about a dozen roofers, but either could not get through or was told it would take too long for them to get to me.

When I got through to AZ Roofing, they said they could put up an emergency tarp the next day, which they did as promised. I have no complaints, and I'm grateful for the quick service.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

BAD Customer Service - Rip Off

After the wind storm last Friday, May 4th, 2018. Our house suffered damage to the roof from the wind ripping away our shingles. AZRoofing came to my house for a quotation telling me they would be here within a half hour, but they took over an hour to get to my house. After taking a look at my roof, they told me they could NOT fix it right away and offered a temporary solution to protect it from the weather. They quoted me $500 for the temporary solution. I offered to pay them $300 for the temporary fix, and offer them the job to redo my whole roof if they gave me a break. They quoted me $10,000 dollars for my roof. I didn't even ask for special material, just regular shingles that my old roof had. Last year I had a quote for only $3600, but the contractor at the time said I didn't need it yet. I could not pay $10,000 for my roof and asked AZRoofing to give me a break, but they just packed their things and left. Clearly they were taking advantage of this weather incident and over charging customers in their time of need.

Dear Justin,
First, thank you for taking the time to write a review and express your frustrations. For the benefit of those reading, it would be vital to shed light on this issue from our side as well. I do apologize for not being able to respond earlier. As you all are aware, the impact of the recent windstorm is keeping our schedule quite packed.
During the recent windstorm, there was a flood of calls from the customers. As much as we would like to help everyone, it was physically impossible to get to everyone on time. We often give an estimated time range of when we can get onside given the unpredictable traffic and when we finish with the previous clients. When we go for an estimate, we may come across situations that take longer to assess and communicate with the customers than expected. We value our customers so we take the time to do a detailed inspection of the issue and answer all their questions.
After getting a call from Mr. Justin from the Markham area on Monday 7th of May, despite a packed schedule with a number of clients that I had to see, I tried my best to fit him in my schedule and got there to check the roof. He himself mentioned that he called so many companies and no one responded, and he was glad we responded and came to see his roof. I think that says something about our dedication to our work and customers.
In addition, Mr. Justin was not present on site but on the phone translating with his parents who had difficulty communicating in English. It took us (two technicians) around an hour on site patiently communicating on our 3 way communication back and forth and over 2 hours overall with travel time on our already packed day. I hope there is an appreciation of how much we value serving our clients and do our best to earn their satisfaction. If we haven’t got the job, how can Mr. Justin call it a “rip off”. Being able to write a review is your right as customers but it is important to use that right responsibly.
Concerning Mr. Justin’s roof, after inspecting the roof, there were 3 sections of damage totaling to around 35-40 shingles missing. The roof was very old and as I explained to Mr. Justin and his parents that there was a major danger of breaking the other shingles while walking on the roof during the repair process. The roof had to be replaced. The roof was around 2800 sqft with a slope of 10/12 which is very steep. I needed at least 150 sqft of tarp for the temporary solution. I offered to Mr. Justin that if we get the job, I will not charge the $500 for the temporary solution as per our company policy. Otherwise, my price was $500 for the temporary solution.
My price of $10,000 for the roof replacement was with all the accessories (which includes ice and water shield, drip edge, stainless steel metal vents, fiberglass deck armor all over the roof, weathertex hip and ridge capping, pipe flashing, and all metal flashing) and 50 years of non-prorated warrantee both for labor and material. We never had a conversation about a simple roof without the accessories. The price without all the accessories would be lower by a few thousand dollars but I could never match the price of $3600 which he never mentioned to me during our visit. Some companies that use counterfeit shingles that may cost around $3/ bundle compared to our shingles that cost $24/bundle, illegal Labour and functioning without a license and proper insurance may be able to give you that price but your roof may not last for the next storm. You must remember the quality is not going to be anywhere near the quality and the peace of mind we offer for our customers.

More about Az Roofing

AZ Roofing is a premier Toronto roofing company that specializes in installing asphalt shingled roofs, Cedar cedar roofs, flat roofs, ventilation and seamless eaves troughs. Rely on the Best Residential and Commercial roofing contractor in Greater Toronto Area *** AZ Roofing is a family-based business serving the Toronto and GTA ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Markham?