This company has been flagged by our moderators for suspicious activity.

Abjm Tile, Marble And Demolition

Tile & Stone Contractors
ON L5B 06B
Tile & Stone Contractors
Abjm Tile, Marble And Demolition

Reviews for Abjm Tile, Marble And Demolition

Just an awful person

The stories here are true, according to my family’s awful experience. The responses from the contractor below are consistent with how he will respond to you if you hire him. I really blame myself for making a terrible contractor choice. If I had read these reviews at that time I could have been saved 6 months of hell on a 6 week project. So, despite the fact that I just want to forget that this guy exists, I feel obligated to try to save others from the awful experience my family endured. The reason people post his reviews anonymously is because he is vindictive and unpredictable in the extreme. Nobody would ever wish to interact with him again after hiring him, and so they don’t post their names. That’s definitely why I’m not sharing my own details.
If you hire this company after reading these reviews, you can only blame yourself for the resulting distress and disappointment that is 100% sure to follow. As reviewers, we don’t need to provide specific proof here of the many ways in which he has failed to deliver. This many disappointed customers is proof enough of his ineptitude and atrocious track-record.
You have been warned. Shame on the firms who host these reviews yet continue to advertise his ‘services’.

we appreciate your false feedback thank you very much for proving my point🙏

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Stay AWAY!!!

This man is bipolar. He doesn't have a crew - instead, he gathers random tilers to get the work done so it's a hit or miss. Our project was definitely a miss and judging from other reviews here there seems to be plenty of those.

why are you Anonymous if this is true? But we do appreciate your feedback thank you

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Run away! They take deposits and dont do work

They show up
demand a deposit a large deposit and provide fake receipts then disappear
Dont do it! They give good contractors a bad name

I am sure they are capable of good work but its almost like they would rather have a bad reputation instead of actually put in a solid day of effort and standing by their word
Truly a shame

if this is true why are you a private user and why are you not showing proof to backup your acquisitions

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Unsatisfactory Service/Neglect

Please advise. This is the same man/company as listed under Buonna Tile. See: https://homestars.com/companies/2915059-buonna-tile-and-marble . Dishonest man who uses multiple business locations, in addition to names, in order to misdirect law enforcement.

if this is true why are you a private user? LOL LOL and why are you not showing any proof to backup your acquisitions

CM in Mississauga
CM in Mississauga

Absolute NIGHTMARE

This man is a complete psycho, not to mention absolutely bipolar and no one should seek after his "professional" services. Please avoid him at all costs, it will not end well for you. Trust the negative reviews, there is a reason there are so many of them.

if this is true what you are saying why are you not showing any proof to back up your acquisitions? but we do appreciate the feedback thank you very much

WOW in York & Durham
WOW in York & Durham
1 review Ajax, ON

Poor work, insulting, threatening, demanding

I run a 97% Star rated HomeStars company with over 150 reviews and not one average or poor review in the last 12 months. You would think I would know how to hire a good contractor. Boy was I wrong. The first set of floor tiles were crooked by over an inch from one end of the room to the next, bathroom tiles had spacers removed too soon and all tiles slid down wall (I replaced spacers in time to correct issue), fireplace tiles were actually curved and not in straight line (I ripped them all of myself and re did the work). I asked for extra/different work to be performed in 2 areas and each time the price increase was extraordinary. Being a contractor I know labour rates, change orders and when things should charged extra for. I agreed to them although under protest. I could go on and on and on about Guytano. In the final days before the work was done he began demanding pay. I said I would pay in full upon completion and clean up. He then said he was coming to our home at 9pm on a Friday night to collect to which I replied please come after your team cleans up and I will pay. He proceeded to send me texts every few minutes advising me how long it would be until he and his team arrived at my home to get their money. Do not trust his Yes Sir, yes Maam politeness. Find someone else. I'm sure there are many other tile/marble contractors on this site far better than this guy. He even had a reputation at the tile companies I visited. Good luck with your search.

this gentleman here is a very violent person from Wow 1 day painting he threatened me and my workers would violence outside of his house there is a recording that my employees wife has because she was fearful for her life.. his job came out the immaculate please anybody feel free the contact this extremely violent person and ask to see his tile... and he still owes the company that he's been giving excuses a thousand dollars... I would stay away from Wow 1 day painting because this person is extremely extremely violent... if anybody wishes to see the truth obviously I still have all text messages you are more than welcome to contact me I will give whichever individual gas money just to come and see me so they can see for their own eyes how delusional this person is...HOW DOES WOW 1 DAY PAINTING HIRE SUCH A VIOLENT PERSON WITH A ALCOHOL PROBLEM... I bet you any money if you contact his customers from Wow 1 day painting they will say a one point do you felt very uncomfortable with him because it was threatening demeanor

Jonathon Scarola in Mississauga
Jonathon Scarola in Mississauga

Gross Negligence & Unresponsiveness

Gaetano was paid for services that he now refuses to render. As a result, our corporation is engaging the courts (not sure how they were incorporated) in order to settle the gross dispute. I only wished I had read some of these reviews before paying this man.

John Scarol

so let me get this straight? Lol lol you have the same last name as me and I did work for you? I will give you $10,000 cash if you could show me or homestars one piece of proof that I did your job mr. John scarola LOL LOL LOL... frankly I'm glad this happened because it shows that homestars does not do their homework on reviews and they just post Anythink I find it disgusting and disturbing that homestars even posted this and the guy has the same last name as me..DID HOMESTARS GET ANY PROFF. INVOICE ANYTHING ??????????? LETS FIND OUT

Peter in Old Toronto
Peter in Old Toronto

Master Bathroom renovation

Geatano of ABJM Tile and Marble!
Here are the facts:
In March 2017, I e-mailed Smart Reno and told them that I wanted my master bathroom renovated. 6 contactors called me and I selected 3 to come to my home and provide estimates. I selected Geatano for the reno. I provided all furnishings and materials, and agreed to the total cost for labour of $8,500.00. Geatano offered a free bathroom ceiling fixture. He also offered to pick-up all materials (tiles, etc.) free of charge, which I declined.
Geatano was eager to sign the contract, so several days later he came to my home to have the work order signed and at the same time requested a $4,500.00 down payment.

I signed all documents, gave him $4,500.00 in cash. I was handed an official company receipt. A few days later, he called again and requested another $1,000.00 in cash, claiming that his bank account was jeopardized and that he needed it immediately. Although I found his story most unusual, I trusted him and a day later gave him the $1000.00 in cash.

It was agreed (in writing and verbally) that the reno was to start on May 01, 2017. The $8,500.00 included repairing the toilet in the small bathroom. No one showed up on May 1st. I sent an e-mail and Geatano , a plumber and young boy showed up on May 2nd. About 5 minutes later Geatano left and the boy and the plumber worked for 2 hours and then also left. The next day 2 plumbers arrived and only worked for 2 hours and then left. On the 3rd day (Thursday May 4), two plumbers arrived and about 20 minutes later when they were to connect the tub, I was told that I had the wrong bathtub.

Geatano and the plumbers were in my home twice before, why were the furnishings not checked then?

I called the bathtub company, and I was informed that the correct tub would be in my home on Monday May 8.

I immediately e-mailed Geatano and his reply was that the delay will cost me an extra $2,500.00. He then stated that he would give me a discount of $1,000.00 and requested to know when on Saturday (May 6th) he could come to my home and collect the extra $1,500.00 cash.

I then called to cancel the bathtub and purchased a new one to be delivered to my home on Friday (May 5th) early in the morning. I e-mailed Geatano to inform him that the new tub would be in my home on Friday at 7AM. No reply and no one showed up on Friday morning, to continue the reno.

For the next 2 weeks, numerous e-mails were exchanged. I then sent another e-mail suggesting that we meet in person to discuss the problem. I was ready to offer him an extra $500.00 if the reno was finished within one week and done properly. Three different times Geatano agreed to meet with me, but he did not show up for any of them.

Anxious to get this project finished, I decided to find another contractor. The reno resumed in the middle of June, 2017 and was completed one week later, at a cost of $5,500.00. I requested a refund from Geatano, who refused to give back any of the $5,500.00 down payment I gave him.

In July I started Small Claims Court proceedings against Geatano and Smart Reno (the Internet Company who recommended him). I had to make numerous trips to court and spend money on costly legal preparations.

In December 2017, I attended the settlement conference with the judge and won the court case. I have to return to Small Claims Court one more time to discuss the amount of money I am to be awarded, and I will be asking the court to help me collect the money from Geatano or his Company.

I want to make sure that no-one else gets involved with this dishonest man and becomes a victim.
Dealing with Geatano of ABJM Tile and Marble was a frustrating, time-consuming, and costly experience, which will only end when I finally collect the refund owing to me as approved by Small Claims Court (initial refund claimed plus all my court and other costs).

Smart Reno no longer represents ABJM Tiles and Marble!

I have 3 more major renovations planned in my home (1 this year and 2 next year), and I will now very carefully select the contractor(s) and stay clear of people like Geatano of ABJM Tiles and Marble.

this is complete false I encourage the person to come forward with proof and as of today April 18th 2018 I am doing for jobs for smart reno.. and just accepted another 5 today.. nice try but false accusations don't cut it.. I encourage anybody to go to smart reno I see if your tile job comes directly to me

cindygmendez
cindygmendez
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Fix broken marble table

My mother accidentally broke our marble table while cleaning the house and was really upset about it - we’ve had the table as a gift for over 30 yrs so I was desperate to get it fixed for her. I came across Gaetano’s number on Homestars and he came out the very same night to take a look at the table - and it was a Sunday! We talked for about 2 hours; I explained the situation and he was kind enough to bring my mom flowers to cheer her up when he came by to inspect the table... he told my mom “there is no reason to be sad I am going to do everything in my power to put this table together for you” and sure enough he did just that. It took about 10 days to get my mother's table done! When they delivered our table my mom was ecstatic because it looked brand new! Thank you so much Gaetano - from that first call all the way through to the delivery he’s been so kind, reliable, informative and I thank you very much for everything! We will definitely be doing future work with you in our house come summer time.

Hi Cindy I appreciate the kind words I could tell in your voice that Sunday night when you called me that you were very concerned for your mother that she did lose a precious gift.. it was absolutely my pleasure I hope you your mother and your family out we are also very family-oriented and I did not like seeing you or your mother so down... as you know already it was absolutely like a puzzle to put back together and a process we did over and over... I am very very please of the way the table came back together and the end result of the table it looks better than brand new... I'm just happy that you guys are happy we would look forward to do in your mother's bathroom come July.. thank you very much Sunday as a contractor dealing with customers like you and is a pleasure and we appreciate everything at ABJM..Sincerely Gaetano Scarola from Abjm

Alicia in Toronto
Alicia in Toronto

STAY AWAY! HORRIBLE CONTRACTOR

This review is long overdue but I see others have been duped by this belligerent bully and it needs to stop. Especially since I went with ABJM Tile due to the great reviews. Last year I planned a home renovation ahead of the birth of my first child. I contacted Guy to come by and give a quote. We discussed everything that was to be done. We weren't looking for just tile work. We were looking to have the entire house painted, the baseboards replaced and the vanities, toilets and fixtures in 2 bathrooms and a powder room be replaced. This was to include all the disposal and "raw materials" . Geatano provided a quote of $15-19K for labour alone. Geatano appeared very accommodating and agreed to every request to secure the sale. My water actually broke the day he gave the quote and I was admitted to hospital 5 weeks early. Geatano advised he could complete the job in 3 weeks and we decided to move ahead. BIG MISTAKE! He rushed a "quote" which I signed from the hospital and took our first $9000 deposit. The demolition crew gutted our entire house at which time Geatano demanded $1000 cash because our tile was "polished". He would not proceed with the work until he was paid this money. The problems continued from there. I ended up in the NICU with my son for 1 month after the renovations began and tried to mediate between Geatano and my mother. During this time he had a sob story (like the previous poster) that someone hacked his back account and he needed a $5000 advance. He also demanded another $1000 cash because we wanted a double sink connection. When I asked for a breakdown, and after multiple snarky texts from him, he said $500 parts/$500 labour and refused to continue until he was paid. We currently have exposed pipes even after this payment. He was verbally abusive on many occasions (I have texts to prove this), as the previous poster, when the work was questioned. When we didn't use one of his vendors, who did not provide a competitive price, he threw a fit and resulted to personal attacks. The last time I checked a consumer was allowed to change their mind. The worst part was the painting. He claimed the only rooms to be painted and receive new baseboards are where he tiled. Apart from using the cheapest, worst quality boards which he provided that would make no sense and no one would agree to that as the baseboards on some a joining walls would different styles. There comes a point when you just want to be so rid of him and have the sanctity of your house back that you pay the balance owing and move on. After spending over $18,000 in labour alone we had to pay another contractor almost $10,000 more to correct and complete the work. He also left my garage in complete disarray as his contactors opened up almost all the boxes of tile (hundred of dollars in unused tile which could not be returned) left boxes, skids and other construction waste piled up when disposal was to be included. When I tried to reason with Geatano regarding the painting of the house he resorted to character attacks telling me "I was trying to defraud him (he used another word which I cant post due to Homestars review requirements) and I should be ashamed of myself since I was now a mother". What that has to do with his poor attitude and shoddy work I don't know. I attempted to file a smalls claims action against him but he des not reside at the address on his "quote" and refuses to own up to his work. When paying him the final payment he wanted me to sign off that I wouldn't write a bad review and that I was happy with his work. When standing infront of Geatano holding my 1 month old infant son who had just spent the first month of his life in the hospital I just wanted this fraud out of my house. Like the previous poster my next step is the Consumer Protection Agency. It should also be noted that he claims anyone who posted a bad review is not telling the truth but Homestars will verify if he challenges my account of this project and his behaviour and I welcome the opportunity to provide the texts and photos of the incomplete and poor work. STAY AWAY!

the team at homestars is not doing they're probably done job this lady Alicia is completely crazy my phone number is 647-378-0543 I am more than happy the show anybody proof that her job came out immaculate and there was no money on from her side or my side.. I am very very disappointed in the whole Stars team because they never do their homework on a job nobody takes the time to find out what is going on unfortunately I am going to have to take legal matters into my own hands which I have literally just begun to do as of this morning at 11 a.m. please anybody with questions or concerns feel free to call me and I can give you this person's home address and you're more than welcome to contact them to see the job which by law it is my right to do... I encourage her to move forward with proof and I hve 4 employees anyone more then welcome to speak to and ask how these people were before we even started work and how rude and un human-like conditions in the house with dog feces and dog urine literally all over the place the smell was unbelievable two employees actually quit because they could have bare it no more

More about Abjm Tile, Marble And Demolition

40% OFF OLYMPIA TILE Free Quote-I will beat any written quote by 15%- Fast Response-Gift Card at Quote Time- 8 YEAR Guarantee See how ABJM Tile and Marble is involved in an ongoing project to improve the quality of life for a disabled youth. Please copy/ paste the link below ...
Looking for Tile & Stone Contractors pros in Toronto?