This company has been flagged by our moderators for suspicious activity.

ABJM Tile, Marble And Demolition

Tile & Stone Contractors
HomeStars  >  Tile & Stone Contractors in Toronto  >  ABJM Tile, Marble And Demolition

Reviews for ABJM Tile, Marble And Demolition

Kim in Ajax
Kim in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Poor work, insulting, threatening, demanding

I run a 97% Star rated HomeStars company with over 150 reviews and not one average or poor review in the last 12 months. You would think I would know how to hire a good contractor. Boy was I wrong. The first set of floor tiles were crooked by over an inch from one end of the room to the next, bathroom tiles had spacers removed too soon and all tiles slid down wall (I replaced spacers in time to correct issue), fireplace tiles were actually curved and not in straight line (I ripped them all of myself and re did the work). I asked for extra/different work to be performed in 2 areas and each time the price increase was extraordinary. Being a contractor I know labour rates, change orders and when things should charged extra for. I agreed to them although under protest. I could go on and on and on about Guytano. In the final days before the work was done he began demanding pay. I said I would pay in full upon completion and clean up. He then said he was coming to our home at 9pm on a Friday night to collect to which I replied please come after your team cleans up and I will pay. He proceeded to send me texts every few minutes advising me how long it would be until he and his team arrived at my home to get their money. Do not trust his Yes Sir, yes Maam politeness. Find someone else. I'm sure there are many other tile/marble contractors on this site far better than this guy. He even had a reputation at the tile companies I visited. Good luck with your search.

this gentleman here is a very violent person from Wow 1 day painting he threatened me and my workers would violence outside of his house there is a recording that my employees wife has because she was fearful for her life.. his job came out the immaculate please anybody feel free the contact this extremely violent person and ask to see his tile... and he still owes the company that he's been giving excuses a thousand dollars... I would stay away from Wow 1 day painting because this person is extremely extremely violent... if anybody wishes to see the truth obviously I still have all text messages you are more than welcome to contact me I will give whichever individual gas money just to come and see me so they can see for their own eyes how delusional this person is...HOW DOES WOW 1 DAY PAINTING HIRE SUCH A VIOLENT PERSON WITH A ALCOHOL PROBLEM... I bet you any money if you contact his customers from Wow 1 day painting they will say a one point do you felt very uncomfortable with him because it was threatening demeanor

Jonathon Scarola in Mississauga
Jonathon Scarola in Mississauga

Gross Negligence & Unresponsiveness

Gaetano was paid for services that he now refuses to render. As a result, our corporation is engaging the courts (not sure how they were incorporated) in order to settle the gross dispute. I only wished I had read some of these reviews before paying this man.

John Scarol

so let me get this straight? Lol lol you have the same last name as me and I did work for you? I will give you $10,000 cash if you could show me or homestars one piece of proof that I did your job mr. John scarola LOL LOL LOL... frankly I'm glad this happened because it shows that homestars does not do their homework on reviews and they just post Anythink I find it disgusting and disturbing that homestars even posted this and the guy has the same last name as me..DID HOMESTARS GET ANY PROFF. INVOICE ANYTHING ??????????? LETS FIND OUT

Peter in Old Toronto
Peter in Old Toronto

Master Bathroom renovation

Geatano of ABJM Tile and Marble!
Here are the facts:
In March 2017, I e-mailed Smart Reno and told them that I wanted my master bathroom renovated. 6 contactors called me and I selected 3 to come to my home and provide estimates. I selected Geatano for the reno. I provided all furnishings and materials, and agreed to the total cost for labour of $8,500.00. Geatano offered a free bathroom ceiling fixture. He also offered to pick-up all materials (tiles, etc.) free of charge, which I declined.
Geatano was eager to sign the contract, so several days later he came to my home to have the work order signed and at the same time requested a $4,500.00 down payment.

I signed all documents, gave him $4,500.00 in cash. I was handed an official company receipt. A few days later, he called again and requested another $1,000.00 in cash, claiming that his bank account was jeopardized and that he needed it immediately. Although I found his story most unusual, I trusted him and a day later gave him the $1000.00 in cash.

It was agreed (in writing and verbally) that the reno was to start on May 01, 2017. The $8,500.00 included repairing the toilet in the small bathroom. No one showed up on May 1st. I sent an e-mail and Geatano , a plumber and young boy showed up on May 2nd. About 5 minutes later Geatano left and the boy and the plumber worked for 2 hours and then also left. The next day 2 plumbers arrived and only worked for 2 hours and then left. On the 3rd day (Thursday May 4), two plumbers arrived and about 20 minutes later when they were to connect the tub, I was told that I had the wrong bathtub.

Geatano and the plumbers were in my home twice before, why were the furnishings not checked then?

I called the bathtub company, and I was informed that the correct tub would be in my home on Monday May 8.

I immediately e-mailed Geatano and his reply was that the delay will cost me an extra $2,500.00. He then stated that he would give me a discount of $1,000.00 and requested to know when on Saturday (May 6th) he could come to my home and collect the extra $1,500.00 cash.

I then called to cancel the bathtub and purchased a new one to be delivered to my home on Friday (May 5th) early in the morning. I e-mailed Geatano to inform him that the new tub would be in my home on Friday at 7AM. No reply and no one showed up on Friday morning, to continue the reno.

For the next 2 weeks, numerous e-mails were exchanged. I then sent another e-mail suggesting that we meet in person to discuss the problem. I was ready to offer him an extra $500.00 if the reno was finished within one week and done properly. Three different times Geatano agreed to meet with me, but he did not show up for any of them.

Anxious to get this project finished, I decided to find another contractor. The reno resumed in the middle of June, 2017 and was completed one week later, at a cost of $5,500.00. I requested a refund from Geatano, who refused to give back any of the $5,500.00 down payment I gave him.

In July I started Small Claims Court proceedings against Geatano and Smart Reno (the Internet Company who recommended him). I had to make numerous trips to court and spend money on costly legal preparations.

In December 2017, I attended the settlement conference with the judge and won the court case. I have to return to Small Claims Court one more time to discuss the amount of money I am to be awarded, and I will be asking the court to help me collect the money from Geatano or his Company.

I want to make sure that no-one else gets involved with this dishonest man and becomes a victim.
Dealing with Geatano of ABJM Tile and Marble was a frustrating, time-consuming, and costly experience, which will only end when I finally collect the refund owing to me as approved by Small Claims Court (initial refund claimed plus all my court and other costs).

Smart Reno no longer represents ABJM Tiles and Marble!

I have 3 more major renovations planned in my home (1 this year and 2 next year), and I will now very carefully select the contractor(s) and stay clear of people like Geatano of ABJM Tiles and Marble.

this is complete false I encourage the person to come forward with proof and as of today April 18th 2018 I am doing for jobs for smart reno.. and just accepted another 5 today.. nice try but false accusations don't cut it.. I encourage anybody to go to smart reno I see if your tile job comes directly to me

cindygmendez
cindygmendez
0 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Fix broken marble table

My mother accidentally broke our marble table while cleaning the house and was really upset about it - we’ve had the table as a gift for over 30 yrs so I was desperate to get it fixed for her. I came across Gaetano’s number on Homestars and he came out the very same night to take a look at the table - and it was a Sunday! We talked for about 2 hours; I explained the situation and he was kind enough to bring my mom flowers to cheer her up when he came by to inspect the table... he told my mom “there is no reason to be sad I am going to do everything in my power to put this table together for you” and sure enough he did just that. It took about 10 days to get my mother's table done! When they delivered our table my mom was ecstatic because it looked brand new! Thank you so much Gaetano - from that first call all the way through to the delivery he’s been so kind, reliable, informative and I thank you very much for everything! We will definitely be doing future work with you in our house come summer time.

Hi Cindy I appreciate the kind words I could tell in your voice that Sunday night when you called me that you were very concerned for your mother that she did lose a precious gift.. it was absolutely my pleasure I hope you your mother and your family out we are also very family-oriented and I did not like seeing you or your mother so down... as you know already it was absolutely like a puzzle to put back together and a process we did over and over... I am very very please of the way the table came back together and the end result of the table it looks better than brand new... I'm just happy that you guys are happy we would look forward to do in your mother's bathroom come July.. thank you very much Sunday as a contractor dealing with customers like you and is a pleasure and we appreciate everything at ABJM..Sincerely Gaetano Scarola from Abjm

Alicia in Toronto
Alicia in Toronto

STAY AWAY! HORRIBLE CONTRACTOR

This review is long overdue but I see others have been duped by this belligerent bully and it needs to stop. Especially since I went with ABJM Tile due to the great reviews. Last year I planned a home renovation ahead of the birth of my first child. I contacted Guy to come by and give a quote. We discussed everything that was to be done. We weren't looking for just tile work. We were looking to have the entire house painted, the baseboards replaced and the vanities, toilets and fixtures in 2 bathrooms and a powder room be replaced. This was to include all the disposal and "raw materials" . Geatano provided a quote of $15-19K for labour alone. Geatano appeared very accommodating and agreed to every request to secure the sale. My water actually broke the day he gave the quote and I was admitted to hospital 5 weeks early. Geatano advised he could complete the job in 3 weeks and we decided to move ahead. BIG MISTAKE! He rushed a "quote" which I signed from the hospital and took our first $9000 deposit. The demolition crew gutted our entire house at which time Geatano demanded $1000 cash because our tile was "polished". He would not proceed with the work until he was paid this money. The problems continued from there. I ended up in the NICU with my son for 1 month after the renovations began and tried to mediate between Geatano and my mother. During this time he had a sob story (like the previous poster) that someone hacked his back account and he needed a $5000 advance. He also demanded another $1000 cash because we wanted a double sink connection. When I asked for a breakdown, and after multiple snarky texts from him, he said $500 parts/$500 labour and refused to continue until he was paid. We currently have exposed pipes even after this payment. He was verbally abusive on many occasions (I have texts to prove this), as the previous poster, when the work was questioned. When we didn't use one of his vendors, who did not provide a competitive price, he threw a fit and resulted to personal attacks. The last time I checked a consumer was allowed to change their mind. The worst part was the painting. He claimed the only rooms to be painted and receive new baseboards are where he tiled. Apart from using the cheapest, worst quality boards which he provided that would make no sense and no one would agree to that as the baseboards on some a joining walls would different styles. There comes a point when you just want to be so rid of him and have the sanctity of your house back that you pay the balance owing and move on. After spending over $18,000 in labour alone we had to pay another contractor almost $10,000 more to correct and complete the work. He also left my garage in complete disarray as his contactors opened up almost all the boxes of tile (hundred of dollars in unused tile which could not be returned) left boxes, skids and other construction waste piled up when disposal was to be included. When I tried to reason with Geatano regarding the painting of the house he resorted to character attacks telling me "I was trying to defraud him (he used another word which I cant post due to Homestars review requirements) and I should be ashamed of myself since I was now a mother". What that has to do with his poor attitude and shoddy work I don't know. I attempted to file a smalls claims action against him but he des not reside at the address on his "quote" and refuses to own up to his work. When paying him the final payment he wanted me to sign off that I wouldn't write a bad review and that I was happy with his work. When standing infront of Geatano holding my 1 month old infant son who had just spent the first month of his life in the hospital I just wanted this fraud out of my house. Like the previous poster my next step is the Consumer Protection Agency. It should also be noted that he claims anyone who posted a bad review is not telling the truth but Homestars will verify if he challenges my account of this project and his behaviour and I welcome the opportunity to provide the texts and photos of the incomplete and poor work. STAY AWAY!

the team at homestars is not doing they're probably done job this lady Alicia is completely crazy my phone number is 647-378-0543 I am more than happy the show anybody proof that her job came out immaculate and there was no money on from her side or my side.. I am very very disappointed in the whole Stars team because they never do their homework on a job nobody takes the time to find out what is going on unfortunately I am going to have to take legal matters into my own hands which I have literally just begun to do as of this morning at 11 a.m. please anybody with questions or concerns feel free to call me and I can give you this person's home address and you're more than welcome to contact them to see the job which by law it is my right to do... I encourage her to move forward with proof and I hve 4 employees anyone more then welcome to speak to and ask how these people were before we even started work and how rude and un human-like conditions in the house with dog feces and dog urine literally all over the place the smell was unbelievable two employees actually quit because they could have bare it no more

JoQ
JoQ

Bathroom shower, powder room floor

I hired Guy and his crew to replace the tile floor in our powder room and to tile a new shower in the basement. His guys were courteous and made sure they were following the tile design I asked for. They cleaned up after them and did a good job. I love the look of the shower! My initial tile purchased for the job (not through ABJM) turned out to be mostly broken in the boxes, the guys loaded into my car for me to return and I went to Olympia to buy new tile and got a discount through ABJM, which was great! The new tile was smaller though and the pattern more time consuming so just be sure to ask Guy before the quote is final about tile size and pattern to avoid extra charges. Overall, a good company, good communication too!

thank you very much for the kind words Jodi.. it was our pleasure to do this emergency job for you 4 days before you went on vacation with your family.. it was also a pleasure to save you 44% off at Olympia tile every tile delivery which all our customers get... we were very pleased the way your brick joint pattern subway tile with two different colors came out and your marble hexagon xame out on your floor.. and thank you for noticing that we do clean everyday I will try to make minimal minimal dust in the home for my clients... I'm very sorry of what happened with the other tile company you hired but again it was our pleasure to rectify everything for you... we look forward to working with you in the future it was a pleasure meeting you and your family and I hope you guys have a great time on your vacation we thank you for everything..Sincerely Gaetano Scarola From Abjm

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Bathroom mould remediation and reno

We hired Guytano to complete a bathroom renovation due to mould. After falling prey to his sales-pitch and promises to include “free shower floor tile”, we hired him to complete the job. He was quick to include promises for daily work to be completed and for trades to be on-site by 8:30am each day until the job was done. We paid him his deposit (which he eagerly came to my house to pick up) and quickly learned we made a horrible mistake.

After delays to start the job (which we understand can happen in trades), I waited at home until 8:40am on the confirmed start date. We called him and he had multiple excuses and was rude on the phone, and when we started questioning if a crew was actually going to show up, he starting a coughing fit stating he was sick. He then promised a demolition crew would show up that same day. The crew did come at 5:40pm and were very surprised by the size of the job and were at my house until nearly 10pm! When I asked the crew when Guytano had called them to attend to my home, the crew said they had just been called that day. In other words, Guytano had not planned to send anyone to my home!

Guytano had promised (as per our contract and phone conversations) that the next crew (plumbing) would come the next day. We did communicate with Guytano and he promised a plumbing crew would come to our home on a Saturday and no one showed up. We attempted to contact Guytano - but no response.

It has now been nearly 2 weeks and we have been left with a demolished bathroom and a financial loss. We kindly asked Guytano via text to reimburse our deposit as he has clearly defaulted on his agreement and contract with us. There has not been a response.

He is very savvy and quick to share personal problems to make you feel bad for him. This is all part of the act and method to con you. We would have been okay if Guytano had the dignity and respect to give us our money back.

In my opinion this is theft and fraudulent behavior.
I strongly discourage anyone from trusting him and DO NOT HIRE him!!! You will be at a loss.

this review is complete false and untrue anybody who would like the see emails and texts you're more than welcome to ask me and I will show you proof of anything but to our real customers we appreciate your loyalty and to our new customers we thank you

Caution

Please take caution. I had at least 4 different tilers come in to provide quotes for a large tiling project at home. Gaetano had come in to take a look at the scope of the work and was very pleasant and friendly. However I did notice that his company was the only one that did not take measurements or note anything down in terms of what needed to be worked on at my home. When we had finally received the quote, it was much higher than what was expected and was significantly more than the other 3 tiling companies - almost a $5000 dollar difference. I had asked for a price breakdown for the different projects we were planning to do with ABJM and it was definitely not clear and a little sketchy.

We also had a cousin who had used ABJM for their kitchen backsplash and it was a fairly decent job but the edging where the tile ended was not as clean as I would have liked. Because it was somewhat decent and our friend mentioned Gaetano seemed pleasant we decided to request for a quote.

I recently found out that another dear friend had recently used ABJM and their home reno project has so far been a complete disaster. The project was prolonged and all-in-all became such a huge mess things ended so badly between ABJM and my friend. I would rather not talk about how bad their project became and the kind of threats he directed towards my friend - in fear of what could potentially happen next.

this review is completely false no such job was done for this person as you can see no address and could not even give his name WHY ? I encourage this person to come forward with ANY PROOF but they cant because it is 100% FALSE...BUT WE DO APPRECIATE OUR REAL CUSTOMERS AND WILL STAND BY THEM thank you..Sincerely Gaetano Scarola

More about ABJM Tile, Marble And Demolition

40% OFF OLYMPIA TILE Free Quote-I will beat any written quote by 15%- Fast Response-Gift Card at Quote Time- 8 YEAR Guarantee See how ABJM Tile and Marble is involved in an ongoing project to improve the quality of life for a disabled youth. Please copy/ paste the link below ...