I take pride in my home and usually keep it extremely clean. Having a new baby, I am not able to upkeep my home to the same standard before baby. My husband thought that he would be nice and have cleaners in while I was away last week. He chose this company as we had recently received a flyer in the mail.
I have nothing good to say about the service and am posting this review in the hopes that I can save other people from hiring this company. As soon as I went into the kitchen I noticed the scratches that were left all down our stainless steel fridge. My husband, who doesn't notice anything having to do with the house, had also noticed the scratching right away. My husband had communicated prior to the company cleaning that the stainless steel appliances were not to be cleaned - this was clearly ignored. The damage done to our home did not stop there, as there are many new scratches to our hardwood floor, including one that is about a foot long. The steel drain tops of our bathroom sinks are also heavily scratched now. Needless to say, I would expect a cleaning company to take care in their technique and supplies so that damage is avoided. The extent of the scratches left on multiple surfaces in our home would not make up for even the best cleaning, which this was not. Here are a few highlights:
1. Only 1 of 6 slat blinds were cleaned.
2. Window ledges were cleaned only in some rooms.
3. I assumed he asked them not to clean the basement as it looked as though it had hardly been touched - glass desks had the same marks as before and the tiles in front of the patio door were untouched.
4. Dirt along tracks of sliding doors was left.
5. Dirt at side windows of front door was left.
6. Fronts of mirrored bedside tables were not cleaned.
7. Some surfaces were not fully dusted.
8. Mirrored closet doors at the entrance way were left with cleaning product residue all over them.
9. Neither set of patio doors were cleaned.
10. The inside of the microwave was not cleaned.
I could add more to this list, but am hoping that this will give you the general synopsis of the quality of cleaning that this company delivers.
In conclusion, I am posting this review in the hopes that you will think twice about hiring this company, and avoiding the same disappointment in having your home damaged to the extent that ours was. My husband followed up with the company about the damage but has not heard back. He didn't mention anything about the quality of cleaning as there is no way that we would allow these cleaners back into our home and the damage done is far more of an issue with us then the money wasted on the crappy cleaning job.
- Company Response
We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your service. We’ve looked at our records, and it seems you were not a customer of The Cleaning Authority of Burlington-Oakville, but rather a customer of a different location. Please contact the location that services your area with about any issues you had. Thank you.