Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc

Reviews for Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc

Vince from Scarborough in Scarborough
Vince from Scarborough in Scarborough

New metal roof

Work done as scheduled, professional workers, job went seamlessly. I was amazed at the transformation of the house, have gotten may compliments from family and friends. One reno not regretting doing. Thank you Four Seasons.

Vince

Clarington Contractor
Clarington Contractor
1 review Newcastle, ON

Great product, very poor service

We contacted FSMR in April of 2017, as our roof was leaking very bad.
After Alan came to the house and measured the property, he gave us an excellent quote, and I submitted a deposit.
He stated the work would commence within 6-8 weeks.
After the 8 week mark, I contacted them to ask about a start date. They stated someone would be out next week.
I took the proposed date off work so I could be home to oversee the start of the install. No one showed. No call received.
I contacted FSMR and left a voice mail. 2 days later I received a call stating they were behind and would be out next week.
I again took the proposed day off and again no one showed, with no communication. After contacting them again, they sent someone to the house 2 days later and a new start date was proposed.
On the day of the 3rd install, no one showed, and after calling, Albin (owner) stated they had pulled the installer off the job and would send a more experienced installer out first thing next week
I AGAIN took the day off work, and no one showed.
By this time, heavy rainfall had caused some water damage to the ceilings in the home.
As we were on week 12 with water damage still happening, I called multiple times to get an answer to a start date. Again, I was told someone would be out in a day or two....no one showed.
After calling Alan, Albin, and Peter, expressing the amount of water damage, I received no response.
Days went by and with the heavy rain, we had a ceiling collapse and some electronics damaged.
I called the owner directly multiple times with no answer, when finally he responded, and had the audacity to tell me I “dropped the ball” by not conveying the urgency of our situation, threatening to cancel the contract. Excuse me??? Evidently 20+ calls saying the roof is really leaking, ceilings are collapsing, and damage to personal items wasn’t enough to convey the situation. We were now on week 15, and a crew was finally sent out.
They reviewed the roof and stated that they couldn’t do the job due to the age of the building, even though Alan had initially surveyed the home as an “easy job”. Alan is one to watch, as he is very good at sales, like a used car salesmen “good”
Calls to Heather in the office went without a callback (conveniently she was always on break when I called.) Calls to the owner, it was stated that Heather never responded as she is afraid of conflict???
After some very heated calls to the owner, a new quote was proposed (higher) and a new start date was proposed. Of course this was during the week we were away on vacation (which they knew about, and conveniently started that week to avoid us.)
After returning from vacation we found the roof complete, but with metal, garbage and debris all over the property. I picked up 60+ screws from the driveway alone, wood strapping from the gardens, and 10’s of dangerously sharp jagged metal pieces from the lawn (we have 2 small kids and a dog)
After reviewing the roof, there were multiple areas of extremely poor installation, where seams and joints were hammered and mashed flat or gobbed with insane amounts of sealant/caulking, instead of proper metal work. They also failed to reinstall the lightning rod and grounding cable under the metal like initially proposed. We called and asked to have someone fix the issues, to which they said they would send someone out within the week. Only after I refused to pay the final payment (which they demanded immediately after installation..did they send someone out. Finally they sent someone out to repair the poor work. And now the lightning grounding strap drapes across the roof (eyesore). We hope it doesn’t rub off the roof coating.
One year later, and today I spent 4 hours fixing screws that didn’t go into anything, and pulled 10+ screws, scrap steel, and wood strapping out of the gutters that had caused clogs. I felt it was time for a review.
While the product itself is great, the administration, and installation is extremely poor. After such a huge hassle, damage, and disrespect, we thought the company would go above what is normally expected, and instead we were met with a completely unprofessional and terrible experience. The initial 6-8 week install took 24 weeks!!!!
They are more concerned with your signature on the contract and payment, than your satisfaction. It’s sad that there is no pride in their service. They have shut down their social media accounts due to the many negative reviews.
I recommend any consumer purchase the material as it is a good product, but have someone (anyone) else install it.

We are sorry to hear about these concerns which you have raised in your review; however, this is the first time we are hearing about them. Please contact us directly and ask to speak to the owner so that we may deal with these concerns. As you may recall, a lot of the items mentioned seem like they would be covered and remedied under your warranty we provided you with our product.

Four Seasons Metal Roofing Management

Charley from Richmond Hill
Charley from Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Very negative and suffering experience with this company

We signed two contracts and paid the deposits(25%) on June 02. They original promised for the projects starting day is four to six weeks after the contract signed. As we've agreed, one project should start on July 15th, and the other project scheduled on August 15th. After continuous begging the first project finally started on August 7th and finished on August 15th. It's about a one month delay. Right after that, we find there some problems on the new roof when it's raining. We have sent them the messages and photos to show the problems. Also the skylight installation is not isolating the noise properly. But to this date, they still haven't arrange anybody come to fix the issues, and are unable to even provide a date.

The situation of the other project is even worse. We couldn't even get a certain starting date.

We find this company don't treat the signed contract seriously and almost have no control of the progress of the project. We try hard to call them or send email to them, but very few chance to get a response. We find we are totally to be ignored. Our experience with Four Seasons Metal Roofing is very negative and suffering.

jeff wren in Toronto
jeff wren in Toronto

unprofessional

The company did not complete the Job. They did not clean up after themselves. Our neighbours are not very happy as well. Once they recieved there money they did not care about our concern. I wound not recommend this company.

Diana in Bowmanville
Diana in Bowmanville

Metal Roofing experience

In 2015, there was only one other home with a metal roof in our community and we researched all companies and decided on Four Seasons. With the recent wind storm and finding pieces of neighbours' roofs all over our yard, we are very happy with our purchase. The Four Seasons sales people and installers were always friendly, respectful and receptive to our many, many questions. The install went seamlessly and clean up was very thorough. This company is very professional and was a joy to work with.

Thank you Diana for the kind review. We value the trust you put in us and are committed to delivering a great product along with a great experience.

Omar Salman in Hamilton
Omar Salman in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Four Seasons Metal Roofing - AMAZING EXPERIENCE

From beginning to the end, Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc did a fantastic job.

From the initial consultation with Peter who presented himself well with great professionalism and who was very knowledgable of the product, installation process and was able to explain the process so that it related to my wife and I. At no given time did my wife and I felt pressured or felt there was a sales pitch, Peter approached us with an open and honest conversation about the company, products and services.

The installation was seamless; the crew was extremely professional and for my wife and I, we were extremely impressed how neat and organized they were. At the end of each day (took 3 days to install) they were meticulous with ensuring that there was no debris left on our property.

Peter did a great job with following up during the installation process to ensure that my wife and I felt comfortable with how the installation was progressing; which I truly appreciated.

Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc. does have a finance option (simple application process) which my wife and I did take advantage of; especially since we can pay off the loan as fast as we like without any penalties associated. So for those who are managing multiple reno's (like we are) this a great option to help manage the budget.

I would highly recommend Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc. for those who believe in being treated like a person instead of contract, honesty over a sales pitch and efficiency without sacrificing quality work; if that sounds good to you then Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc is your type of Company.

Thank you Omar for your kind and detailed feedback. We want you to feel comfortable and informed in your decision. We wish you the best in all your renos and glad to know that this was a positive experience for you.

Sean from Brampton  in Toronto
Sean from Brampton in Toronto

Roof

I was in need of a new roof I contacted Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc. and aranged for a quote. Peter the sale manager was there right on time, looked over my roof, quoted me a great price. He was very knowledgeable and able to answer any questions I had.
Within days the installation crew was working away on my roof.
They did a great job, keeped the site clean organized all the time they where working and left the site as they found it . Only better now with the great looking new roof.
I would highly recommend this company

Thank you Sean...appreciate the kind and detailed review.

Karen in
Karen in

Metal Roof

We contacted Four Seasons Mental Roofing in June 2016 for our roof replacement. Peter Hall, the Sales Manager, was prompt at getting back to us and was very thorough, knowledgeable and patient in dealing with us.
The installers worked tirelessly and consistently and got the job done in 5 days. They were professional and respectful and did a great job with clean-up. We were very indecisive about choosing a color that compliments our bricks but Peter and his team were quick to provide their input and was very patient throughout our decision making process.
We are very happy with the finished product. We have had so many compliments from people passing by. We’ve also had several people just stop and knock on our door to tell us how wonderful our roof looks and inquire about vendor. Our roof definitely stands out and brings a sense of luxury to our property.
We strongly recommend Four Seasons Metal Roofing for your roofing needs. They provide impeccable service at competitive pricing.
Karen & Terry

Thank you Karen for the nice feedback...we hope you're enjoying your roof.

COHO Home Solutions Group in Bowmanville
COHO Home Solutions Group in Bowmanville
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Roofing Metal only

Working and partnering with FSM has been a great experience
Customer satisfaction is always at the top of their list They do right the first time and always get back to you that day or at the latest the next day
All our mutual customers have been very happy with the end result
If you are looking for a metal roof or just a quote make sure you speak with FSM
They offer the best grade (25 g) Swedish metal on the market today with very competitive pricing

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and guidance provided to others.

More about Four Seasons Metal Roofing Inc

Four Seasons Metal Roofing takes pride in providing quality metal roofing services and supplies to home owners and businesses in Ontario. With a combined experience of over 25 years, our sales professionals, roofers and engineers understand that a successful sale begins with creating a strong relationship with the client. We ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Milton?