HIP Mould Professionals

HIP Mould Professionals

Reviews for HIP Mould Professionals

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Mould in the attic

This was a horrible experience. Some of the team that we dealt with were quite lovely and professional, but the owner (Richard) was very rude, condescending and patronizing when discussing the issues we faced with the project being completed. We had Hired H-I-P to clean out the mould in our attic, which they did complete, however the clean up job was a mess. There was dirt and black insulation left in our attic space as well as found along the door frames and walls of our house. They were also supposed to add venting in the attic, which once added was placed in the wrong area and completely covered by insulation. These vents are now holes in our roof that we do not need. When we spoke to Richard, he berated us for not calling him sooner, stated that the vents put in would not be a detriment to us (but refused to fix them or place ones in the correct area) and stated that even though his employees did not complete the job properly, he was quite unwilling to apologize until quite late in the conversation. He did take some money off and stated that his workers would return to complete some of the work we were paying for. We were told we would receive a phone call/contact the following day and yet it was over 3 weeks later until we had any contact from them. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They are very expensive for completing shoddy work, not cleaning up properly and worst of all having the experience of dealing with a rude and patronizing owner. Save yourself a lot of headaches and stress and find someone else.

Ryan in Bowmanville
Ryan in Bowmanville
1 review Burlington, ON

Very professional and efficient work

Richard and his team fixed our mold problem in our attic quickly and efficiently and took the time to explain the methodology behind their approach, which I much preferred to some of the other methods of correcting mold in attics. They removed the mold completely, and installed new roof vents in our roof to ensure the ventilation was corrected so that no mold returns in the future.

P in Hamilton
P in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Unparalled Service & Professionalism

We recently purchased a property which had a mould issue referenced in the survey. Prior to taking occupancy, we engaged HIP and, due to COVID, the estimate was prepared remotely.
We accepted the quoted price and HIP scheduled the work.
Upon arrival at the house, the HIP team concluded that the scope of work was not as extensive as first estimated and informed Richard, the owner of the business.
The property was unoccupied and it would have been easy for Richard to simply do the work and charge us the original quoted price and we would have happily paid it. However, Richard immediately contacted us and informed us that the price would be reduced in excess of $1,000.
When it comes to hiring to a contractor, you want to know that you can trust them to do the work with care and professionalism and that you are receiving value for money. Not only was the quality of the work and the analysis of the root cause identified, the interaction with the company showed them to be trustworthy and honest, too often a bit of a lottery when dealing with contractors these days.
I would recommend HIP with the utmost confidence to anyone requiring their services they provide
Paul O'Donnell

Marie in Hamilton
Marie in Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Mould Removal

Richard was very approachable and knowledgeable about my mould issue! Online quote done upon taking my address down and was very reasonable with the pricing, even gave me a discount! I also sent him pictures from the completed inspection. Nathan and Jacob came on time and were very professional. They walked me through the process! Although, I wish there was a before and after photo of the attic as I was not present to see the job but they gave me reassurance, certificate was provided and a detailed list of what was done to remove and prevent mold recurrence. They also found more mold in another area of the attic and worked on that with no extra charge. Thank you HIP!

Susan in Toronto
Susan in Toronto
0 reviews Kincardine, ON

Outstanding, knowledgeable customer service

After receiving a high mould reading in my basement, Richard not only reassured me and provided solutions to remedy the mould problem, he also educated me on where to look for mould, what to look for, and things to do to prevent it from reoccurring.
10/10 customer service. I without a doubt would recommend anyone speak to Richard. He knows his stuff.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Only Mould Company I Trust

This is the only company I will ever use or recommend for mould treatments. Richard was a pleasure to interact with and gave me all the information I needed (and more!) to feel comfortable about the process. The product they use is specially formulated to be non-toxic and water-based, I believe they developed it themselves with a microbiology lab in Guelph. After doing my own research, I wouldn’t trust any other brand to be completely safe and effective.

On the day of treatment, they completed their service way ahead of schedule and I couldn’t even tell they had been there once they had left.

Thanks Richard and your whole team!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

The Utmost Professionalism at a Modest Price Point

This was a fairly long process from the point of negotiating for my current place of residence, to purchase, and finally moving in. We found out that there was mould in the attic during the home inspection and that it would need to be removed. From the start of our discussions, Richard was extremely helpful offering a both an estimate, a detailed summary of the procedure, and providing supplemental information so that I could feel comfortable with the work that was to be done at no cost prior to scheduling an appointment. It wasn't until a few months later that I contacted Richard, and his staff were able to schedule an appointment the very next week. Both Richard and his staff maintained a high-level of professionalism throughout the job, ensuring I had a full understanding of the procedure, and most importantly, all of the mould was visibly removed from my attic. Compared to the other options I pursued at the beginning of my search, I feel like I got a really good deal and would not hesitate to recommend HIP's services to a friend or family member.

Lee in Cambridge, Ontario
Lee in Cambridge, Ontario
1 review Cambridge, ON

Attic mould removal

Kerry and Richard were both excellent to deal with ! Very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. A great job was also done by the installation team ! Highly recommended to all.

Christy B. in Hamilton
Christy B. in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

The ONLY professionals to use

Owner Richard is a highly experienced engineer who came strongly recommended. I knew that this was THE only company I would trust to do this work and appreciated the fact that he determined the source of the issue straight away so that the problem would never happen again. The removal was discreet, complete and professional. But in addition to an impeccably well executed job, Richard then went above and beyond my expectations. While here, he discovered a construction flaw in my home and actually repaired it! Words cannot begin to express my gratitude and satisfaction. This engineer and his team are the gold standard for absolute dedication and incredible service.

Sue
Sue

Mould remediation

Richard Hughes did a free inspection of my attic and told me of the mould remediation required. He did a very thorough inspection, took photos and explained why the mould had developed and what his company would do about it. I liked Richard's scientific and detailed explanation. The H.I.P. website has even more details about mould and compares different mould treatments. When I received the quotation, Richard and his associates were able to do the work within a few days. I am very allergic to mould and have not had any allergy symptoms since Richard, Kerry and Nathan completed the mould remediation in my attic. One month after H.I.P. eradicated the mould in my attic, a home inspector said there was evidence of mould! Kerry and Richard discussed this and Kerry came in, suited up and checked the attic for mould. She also brought a touch-up kit just in case they had missed any mould. Kerry took photos and discussed the "mould" the home inspector thought he had seen. This was at the end of January 2018 and we had been having swings in temperature from intense cold to mild weather. This caused some dampness in the wood near the soffits and the home inspector had actually seen frost on the wet wood. H.I.P. guarantees that their mould remediation process will remove all the mould and it will not come back. The guarantee is transferrable forward to future owners of the house. It was a pleasure to have Richard, Kerry and Nathan do the mould remediation work in my home. I would highly recommend H.I.P. Mould Professionals to my family and friends.

Thank you Sue.

More about HIP Mould Professionals

HIP has been successfully treating mould across the West GTA and consulting on projects across North America since 2007. Our patent-pending treat-in-place mould eradication process is the only of its kind: It is safe and environmentally-friendly. It can be performed any time of year. It is done with minimum impact ...
Looking for Mold Detection & Removal pros in Cambridge?