Junk Hero

Reviews for Junk Hero

Chantal in Mount Pearl
Chantal in Mount Pearl

BEWARE! Broken promises & TOTAL DISREGARD for customer timelines

They don’t know the first thing about customer service and their lack of empathy is appalling, especially when they know they didn’t live up to their end of the deal.
June 13 Made reservation for 7 day rental/5 yard bin. They took all the details, including CC #. It was agreed the bin would be delivered June 15th 6pm as I had requested.
June 15th 6pm, no bin. When I called they told me the bin they intended to give me wasn’t coming back that night but they would deliver the next morning at 8am. I told the lady as long as it was there by 10am it would be fine because the crew I hired (4 men @ $15/hour) were showing up at 10am. She said no problem, it would be there at 8am.
June 16th 8am, no bin. I called & told them the bin had not been delivered. I reminded her again that I was paying 4 men $15/hour starting at 10am and she said not to worry, it would definitely be there before 10am.
June 16th 10am, no bin. My crew was there waiting (costing me $$$). I called several times, finally got thru at 11:04am. (I’m pretty upset because they’ve already broken 3 delivery promises and I’m also out of pocket $60.00 as my crew has been there for 1 hour.) As I’m talking with the lady, the delivery truck shows up with the bin at 11:10am. I asked the lady what they were going to do to compensate me for their broken delivery promises and she came up with some ridiculous story about how the price I’m getting for the bin ($250.00 + tax) is already a discounted price. This is a bunch of crap! This rate is available to EVERYONE. It’s the published rate on their website (picture attached).
I told her that I expected to be compensated for the out of pocket expense of having my crew sitting around for 1 hour waiting for them to deliver. She just flat out said no. The driver handed me the invoice with the credit card approval slip that showed they already put thru the charge on my credit card in the amount of $282.50
I blurted out (big mistake!) that I was going to call my CC company to dispute a portion of the charge because I didn’t feel it was right for JUNK HERO to treat their customers this way. The customer should not be out of pocket due to their negligence especially since they knew all along that I was paying 4 men to help me with this job.
The lady said that since I “threatened” to do a charge back, she would have the driver come back and get the bin and she would issue me a refund. I said no I need the bin & I hung up on her. My crew started moving the dirt into the bin. The driver didn’t come back to get the bin.
Here comes the fun part…all the texts back and forth with Junk Hero when I told them the bin was ready to be picked up (2 days before the 7 day rental was up). Up until this point, my dealings with Junk Hero were verbal. I had a hunch that the final dealings with them would not go smoothly so I decided to start communicating with them via text so I would have a record of everything that was said. (I wish there wasn’t a limit to the amount I can post here because I really wanted to add the pages and pages of text messages)
They finally came to pick up the bin July 3rd at 7pm. I signed a credit card authorization form, which is kind of pointless and I’m not sure why they wanted that because they’ve already charged my CC and they’ve already received full payment from my CC company.
I also find it amusing that they had the audacity to tell me there would be a $30 per day late charge for days over the 7 day rental period. The bin was ready to be picked up on the 5th day of the 7 day rental. They were the ones refusing to come and pick it up and they’re going to charge me $30/day??? I smell something fishy!
This company really rubbed me the wrong way. It has nothing to do about the money, it’s only $60.00. It has EVERYTHING to do with INTEGRITY which they know NOTHING about. It’s about how companies such as Junk Hero take advantage of their customers, total disregard for their customers’ timelines, not taking ownership of their mistakes, not once being apologetic for breaking (3 times) their promises, and unfortunately, as you can see from my experience, they just get away with it – moving on to the next unsuspecting customer.

Mini fridge removal - CORPORATE

This was for a pickup at a Corporate office in downtown Toronto. They were prompt, efficient and wonderful to work with. I placed the request the day before and they showed up on time, and were reasonably priced. I would absolutely use their services and recommend them in future.

TNZ Windows & Eaves Cleaning Inc.  Toronto
TNZ Windows & Eaves Cleaning Inc. Toronto

Easy removal of heavy furniture from upper floor!

We are preparing our townhouse for sale. We called on Tuesday to have these items removed asap, and Junk Hero came on Thursday. They were on time, and phoned 30 minutes before arrival to alert us that they were en route. They were exceedingly careful, competent and efficient. Work was accomplished without the need to move pictures of other items along stairs. They made absolutely no marks on walls or floors, and personnel were very pleasant. We would gladly recommend them to anyone. Sharon (Toronto)