Garage Floor Guru

HomeStars  >  Decorative Concrete in Ottawa  >  Garage Floor Guru

Reviews for Garage Floor Guru

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Epoxy

hmmm - a customer having to track down a contractor by way of facebook - never good.

What counts is integrity, workmanship and being accountable - not personal hardship and delays.

Jon in Ottawa
Jon in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great price, so-so everything else

I hired Garage Floor Guru to refinish my deteriorating concrete garage floor using a decorative flake and epoxy coating. Derek, the owner, was a pleasant guy to deal with and helpful with answering any questions. The price couldn't be touched by other companies I had give me quotes.

Derek caught me off guard when almost a month ahead of when he said he was booking he emailed to say they'd be there two days later to do my floor. That certainly irritated me, as two days is nowhere near enough time to empty a garage by someone who works full time. After telling me I wouldn't be ready, he did push my job back a week.

The weather didn't really cooperate during the time they were doing my floor. It has to be pretty dry when they put the coating down. It ended up taking about 10 days from start to finish, which was definitely excessive in my opinion. It definitely sucked not being able to use my garage for that length of time.

I am mostly satisfied with the final product. I felt that attention to detail was lacking during the prep work. For example, there's a small chunk missing from the front lip of the floor that could easily have been patched while other areas were being patched. It is a bit of an eyesore when you first pull up to the garage.

If price is your number one priority, and you're not too picky, then hire these guys. If you are picky or are looking for high quality workmanship, you may want to look elsewhere.