Quantum Pool Services

Reviews for Quantum Pool Services

Simpson  in Mississauga
Simpson in Mississauga

Pool liner

We had our pool liner replaced by Anton and his crew. I was extremely happy that he took the time to explain the process to us and what we could expect since it is an older pool, so when the old liner came off we may run into other problems, fortunately we had no issues and the liner that he put in looked awesome even better than the company who installed the pool originally. Thank you for all your hard work and getting us back into the pool so quickly

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Reputable Pool Service

I’ve been using Quantum Pools for years. Great service, competitive pricing, hard working company.
I’ve used them for many things from my Pool Openings to a New Pump and even a new liner which is still in perfect condition and very professionally executed.

I’d recommend Anton to anyone and already have.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

everything

Run as fast as you can. Very poor service, very poor. No matter how hard we tried, constantly disappointed and others know as well.
We had lots of trust and

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Pool repairs

Despite the review below I feel like Anton did an awesome job for us with our pool. He fixed a leak and reset my liner doing so in a very professional manor. He didn't request any money until the job was complete and was very reliable and resonable. I would highly recommend him for any pool related problems.

DC from Mississauga
DC from Mississauga

Landscape and Stonework

Anton seemed like a very nice, decent, and honest person. We genuinely liked him, making this episode even more disappointing. Based on a smaller job done well last year (cash work as is his preference), where he promptly and efficiently changed a pool filter head and gasket, we asked Anton if he he had done landscaping and concrete work around pools and whether he could do some landscape and stonework near our front entrance. He said he would be happy to, and gave us a quote of $6000.00 (or more if things became unexpectedly complicated). The job consisted in removing 3 large planter boxes, demolishing a small stone front entrance (the "easy" part) and redoing this entrance, steps and railing (the "harder" part). Anton said not only that he would do it, but that he was looking forward to it being "the nicest job on the street" and other comments of this nature. He wanted $3000.00 in cash up front to cover materials and labour - which we gave him right away. He then - around the 18th of March - removed the planters (he had some young fellow who shoveled them out in about 1 day), dumped all the broken masonry and concrete in a bin. Total working time on site was maybe a few days, but never a full day - always just a few hours per day. But no matter, I was happy as long as the job was getting done. We were completely satisfied with the demolition work done up to this point. Then on April 5th Anton requests another $1000 to buy materials (he had yet to buy anything despite the cash already advanced). Since work was progressing, and he was so polite and reassuring, I gave him the money - so now we've handed $4000 in cash (yes, I know, you all see this coming and think I'm a fool). Now he stops returning phone calls, won't answer texts... Finally he calls me back on April 16th saying that the job is "too hard" and not in his area of "expertise" and that he won't be back. I ask him to either find someone to finish the job for him or give me back $2000 - especially since he's purchased no materials and has only paid for the disposal bin ($500 cost in his words) plus perhaps two days of shovel work - hardly $4000 worth of labour. He declines to return any money and is no longer answering his phone or texts. He did finally, after many calls and requests, refund me $500 and then promised to provide me with a "Good Quality" solar blanket for my pool - this was supposed to make up some of the difference. He shook my hand and promised he would do this putting on a big show of sincerity. Then complete silence again - no phone calls returned, until finally he answers me by text on the 22nd of April saying that he would drop off the pool cover "when I get to it". I have been texting since then, and leaving voice mails politely asking when that might occur - no reply whatsoever. Today is May 2nd and I officially have given up. If you decide to do business with Anton, please be careful and do not pay him anything until the job is complete. And yet he seemed so nice and so charming and what work he did do was done adequately. I think Anton will be a better contractor if he learns to only accept jobs he is willing and capable of doing, and not be afraid to settle disputes amicably rather than merely disappearing.

Review has 3 previous versions