Oo Movers Calgary

Reviews for Oo Movers Calgary

Kiley in Toronto
Kiley in Toronto

Very Disappointing - and they refuse to address my complaint

Please see my review on Google: I would like to add that in this month, I have called 5 times, left 5 messages, emailed them directly twice, and asked for my call to be returned, and still I have not received a call.

Sadly, I do not enjoy giving bad reviews for any business, but in this case, this company deserves 0 stars.

I was very diligent and I described everything that we needed moved in the preparation form that the company sends. I specified on the phone as well that they would need a big truck. A big truck was not sent. It was a small truck, and we ended up having to pay for two trips. Even after the two trips, there were still items left behind that we had to move ourselves.

We also had a very nice crescent fish tank that was broken. My husband saw the movers drop it. They then tried to say it broke in transit, which was dishonest and untrue.

I then reached out to the company, and they told me because we did not ask the fish tank be boxed up, that they would not replace it.

We also had a lot of solid wood furniture. One of the most precious being my grandmother's single solid oak bed frame. We noticed after the movers had left that it was very badly scratched. I brought this up in my response to the company when they refused to cover the fish tank, and they did not even give me the respect of a reply.

Zero stars from me. Hands down. I would not recommend them to anyone.

John M in Calgary
John M in Calgary

For two small moves, they performed perfectly

I've used OO twice and am completely satisfied with their performance. They get full marks for being precisely on time, for charging in 15 minute increments and not by the hour, for careful professional disassembly and reassembly of my furniture, and for being clean and neat. I've had nightmare experiences with other movers in this city and this was refreshingly good.

I'll add that I used them for two small jobs, most recently to flip two bedrooms, and both have massive, difficult to work with beds and heavy mattresses and the two movers were flying blind as I had not guide for them and both bed frames were very different, so successfully taking one apart and putting it back together in no way clarified how to manage the second. They figured out everything and were in and out of my home in 75 minutes.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

These people are not what they seem, totally different moving experience..they showed up 4 hours late and and didn't say i'm sorry or anything.. and to top it off they over charged me on my move added a fuel charge that wasn't suppose to be there...they don't have an office they just contract out to movers that live in the area..i did alot of research because of my bad experience with them ..do yourself a favor never ever trust this company to move even your trash can THERE TERRIBLE AND OVER CHARGE YOU BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE

Laura Peterson in Calgary, AB
Laura Peterson in Calgary, AB

Best Movers in CALGARY

Sean P, on behalf of me and my husband, I would just like say THANK YOU for your wonderful service for the most stress-free move I have ever experienced! You were so efficient and polite that they made the whole move seem easy and I must say that not many persons would have done what you did. OOmovers, thank you for showing that you are a cut above the rest. I have already passed on your contact info to a friend who is moving soon and wouldn't hesitate to call them back should I need them again.

Martin in Surrey
Martin in Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

In city move

Hired this company to move us from Surrey to Langley. Movers yes, professional no. After phoning the call centre and arranging for my move, I fully expected someone to get in touch with me to see how much stuff I had. The call centre had assured me that a 5 tonne truck would be fine, but I was surprised that in the month before the move nobody bothered to come out and have a look. Real professionals NEVER do this. Upon arriving an unpleasant fellow named Isaac did wander around to have a look and again assured me that the 5 tonne he'd brought would be fine.

The move started well, but went downhill as soon as I left for the new house. When I'd left they were mostly done but it took them forever to finish loading. At our new house they put a deep scratch in a tile with their ramp, cracked a trim piece on our staircase, dented the entertainment unit, scratched an antique dresser and broke the levelling feet off of 3 storage cabinets. Truly impressive given that Isaac insisted that they only carry one thing at a time. This was to minimize damage or perhaps it was to maximize the bill.

More upsetting was that they left a bunch of things behind. Enough that I'd need to rent a moving truck to pick it all up which kind of defeats the purpose of hiring a moving company. When I told Isaac I wasn't happy about this he gave the excuse that he hadn't seen how much stuff we had and that he fit as much as he could in his truck. He said it was my fault because I mustn't have been honest with the call centre. He eventually agreed to finish the job but he made it clear that he wasn't happy about it. Given that the final bill to move a 1400sqft, 3 bedroom home was $1342 I didn't have much sympathy for him. Would never use Owner Operator Movers again and will certainly never recommend them. I'm sure there are some franchise owners that are very good but it's not worth risking another "Isaac".

James from WEST KELOWNA
James from WEST KELOWNA
1 review West Kelowna, BC

Moving

One of the absolute worst consumer experiences I've ever had in my life.

My wife and I scheduled a move from Vancouver to Kelowna (about a 4.5 hour drive), and nearly a week later we still haven't received our belongings. We have rescheduled the drop off/pick up several times now, and it always ends with us taking the day off of work to sit around and wait for movers who never show up.

The icing on the cake came when the manager rudely berated my wife for ten minutes about how she was untruthful about the amount of boxes that we had for pickup. Turns out he was looking at the wrong client sheet, and didn't even offer an apology. The normal customer service employees were excellent, however, and have pulled long hours to try and sort out this "manager's" myriad of mistakes.

This company is completely mismanaged, and I *STRONGLY* urge you to find a different company for your moving needs. I'm normally a very patient person and have never written an online complaint like this before, but this experience has (and still is) tested the limits of my patience.

M from Edmonton
M from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Mover

The company were porfessional over the phone especially a lady called Gabriel. She was very patients and explained everything in details and made sure the truck ordered fits my stuff. I had three men showed up at 9:25am but they called me before 9 and told me they would be late. Jake the truck owner, made sure that my stuff were moved in a delicate way and all boxes were fragile regardless of the contents. within 4:30-5 hours moved 2 bedroom, living room, lots of toys and boxes. I had all my stuff intact and no single damage.

I was pleased with the service and I highly recommend the company and especially Jake with his crew

Lindsay from Calgary
Lindsay from Calgary

Moving

OO Movers did a great job! They were fast and got the job done for a very reasonable price. I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends of family!

More about Oo Movers Calgary

Owner Operator Movers of Canada Owner Operator movers share in the profits and the responsibility for your move. They have a financial and emotional commitment to your satisfaction that an employee mover will never share. ! SAVE MONEY - Free Fuel -Free Insurance -NO Minimum Time Charges -Quarter Hour Billing ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Calgary?