Reviews for Mint Roofing Ltd.

M.
M.

Roofing Replacement

We had our shingles replaced by MINT Roofing in late October. I'd like to reccomend them for anyone needing a roof-job.
The crew arrived early each day and worked in a professional and effcient manner. Each evening before leaving, they checked for and cleaned debris on our lawns and on the ajoining properties. Chris was onsite several times during the course of the work. He also installed two sun tunnels for us.
At the end of the day, the price quoted was exactly the price charged.
I am completely satisfied with the product, the workmanship, and the customer service provided by this company. They have my full endorsement.

We would like to thank you for allowing the opportunity to work on your home.
The new roof certainly added a bit more curb appeal.
Many thanks

rebekkah.finnigan
rebekkah.finnigan
1 review Whitby, ON

Roof for home and garage

I am so happy that we went with Mint Roofing! Chris and his team are amazingly professional and friendly. It was a joy communicating with them and you felt the sincerity and honesty with every interaction. Their quote was fair and competitive and there wasn't any changes in the price when the job was finished. When the day came to actually work on the roof, the entire team working on it that hot day were kind, professional, and hardworking. Finished the roof in the time we discussed and cleaned up everything each night so as not to be a mess in the neighbourhood. Chris is a man of his word and I HIGHLY recommend him and Mint Roofing. Thank you!!

Rebekkah
I'm so pleased to hear that we have another happy customer. Working on your home was an absolute pleasure and we love the new updated look the roof provides.
Thank you so much for the business and taking the time to review our company.

Jessica
Jessica

Full Roof Replacement

Chris and his team are PERFECTION!!! Professional, knowledgeable, reliable, friendly, safe, and clean. They stand by their work although I have never needed to have anything looked at again. We are now wind stormproof! Their work and reputation is so outstanding that my insurance company tried to get him to come and work for them!! It's no surprise that they are booked solid! Thank you for everything MINT!!!

You're most welcome!!
Thank you for the amazing review and taking the time to submit it.
You're new roof is most certainly wind stormproof and I'm pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our service.

2 reviews Whitby, ON

Roof

Estimate and work completed was very thorough. Work was completed on schedule. Clean up was excellent.

Was very helpful and did some additional work on a couple of windows for no extra charge.

I would highly recommend this contractor.

Coral

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. I'm thrilled to hear that you're pleased with our work and your new roof.

1 review Oshawa, ON

Roof Euroshield

Good respectful crew. Product is very nice. Will use this crew again when required. Thanks again.

Tim
Very pleased to hear that you like the Euroshield and were satisfied with our service.
Look forward to working with you again in the future on other projects.

Lisa i.
Lisa i.

Complete roof replacement

I would recommend Mint Roofing to anyone looking to repair or replace their roof. They had been recommended to me, by numerous friends and neighbours. After the most recent ice storm, our roof suffered significant damage. Chris from Mint Roofing was the first company to respond and came out to provide us a quote within a few days. Their quote was very comparable to other reputable roofing companies. Chris walked us step by step through the process and what to expect. The quote was the same as the final price, and the actual start date ended up being a week before we expected them. Chris also told us that we were undervented, so more vents were added when the roof was replaced. This immediately made a HUGE difference in our son's room, which has historically been several degrees hotter or colder than the rest of the house. The crew who worked on our roof were professional and hard working. We have a pool, so we were worried about the nails. Everything was tarped and the clean up crew spent a good 40 minutes checking our yard and ensuing our neighbours yards were free of debris. Our roof looks amazing! Thanks so much Mint Roofing.

Lisa

I'm so happy that we were able to be there for you and get your new roof on quickly.
Both yourself and Jerome were a pleasure to work for and were very grateful to have clients such as you.
Thank you for the business and enjoy the new roof.

CP i.
CP i.
1 review Whitby, ON

Prompt. Friendly and absolutely fantastic work from start to finish. Absolutely no BS just great work. Thank you Mint

Thank you for the roof.
We loved working on your home and hope you enjoy the new roof!!!

jen
jen

New roof

Amazing - professional- quality work - completely satisfied with their service and would highly reccomend if you want the job done right.

Jen

Thank you so much for the review!!
So happy that you're pleased with the installation and hope you enjoy the new home and roof!!!

KLS in
KLS in
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Cannot be trusted

We hired Mint Roofing to replace our roof, sliding patio door and fix our siding which was causing a window leak. Chris is an extremely likeable guy who walked us through the process and gave us confidence to move ahead with his company.

They actually did a great job on our roof. The installers were friendly, everything was tidy, and the finished product looks great. The tarps they put over the garden singed a lot of the plants, but perhaps that is unavoidable. Wish I had only hired them to do the roof.

Chris installed the sliding door himself. I came out to look at it when he was almost done and was disappointed to see the doors were almost 2” out of square when halfway opened. Chris became defensive and said all the corners of the door frame were square so there couldn’t be a problem. When I insisted there obviously was a problem, Chris blamed the design of the new door (which he recommended and supplied) then blamed my house for being built improperly. Seemed like he really wanted me to give in and just accept it, and became increasingly angry when I wouldn’t. I couldn’t...it looked awful. Eventually he removed and reinstalled the door. Door straight this time but it’s really difficult to lock it. Disappointing.

They ‘repaired’ our window leak the same day. Verbal and written agreement was to “inspect and repair siding” and “identify and address leak”. It came with a written one year guarantee. Next time it rained the window still leaked. I contacted Chris and he said he could come to try to fix it but would charge me to do so. I countered that he guaranteed he would fix it and chris replied that they fixed the area they were working on and the leak must be coming from somewhere else so it’s not covered by his guarantee. He didn’t even come back to look at their repair, so how could he know this? And the whole point of me hiring him to do this was to find and fix the leak. Obviously they did neither. Anyway, he’s sticking to his story, so it appears there’s nothing I can do but hire someone else to fix it properly.

There’s lots of good reviews for Mint Roofing. But I would suggest caution. In our experience, if there is a problem Mint Roofing does not stand behind their work.

Ken

It is very disheartening to see a negative review especially when I have personally contacted you numerous times to try and remedy this situation.

We absolutely stand behind our work and warranty any issues, regretfully we cannot offer free services to clients or warrant work we did not perform, even though you threatened if we didn't you would post a negative review.

In regards to the door, it was installed in the same position of your previous one and level, it was not adjusted hence the doors were not perfectly plumb yet you requested that we reset the entire installation once it had been installed.
Although not an easy task I complied and restarted the installation to set it back the 1".
The builder regretfully did not level the walls or sills which presented some challenges but the door was reset as per your request at no additional charge to ensure you were satisfied.
The lock can be adjusted as previously mentioned and we would gladly do this for you if your having difficulty locking.

In regards to the siding and window leak.
You indicated that previous contractors attempted to remedy this situation to no avail and that you installed plastic over an exterior window to stop water leaking.
I offered our services and clearly advised that we could not provide a cost until we were underway as the problem could be in several areas.

The contract to perform this work was under a time and material basis and an allocation was assigned with the agreement that if the work was performed under this time you would be credited and if over you would be charged.
We did attend, removed siding in the area you advised, replaced rotten sheathing and installed membrane on the one window that was leaking.
The service costs ran OVER the allocation but we did not charge you more as an act of goodwill.
Regretfully water is now infiltrating from another location, NOT repaired by us, and another floor up around a completely different window.
I advised that we would gladly return to inspect and continue the repair however as this leak is in different location we would return to the previous agreement and charge time and material costs to continue the repair.

You immediately requested a full refund be provided which as discussed could not offered as we did provide a service as per our agreement and the siding is leaking in a different location than which you asked us to repair.

We work very hard to satisfy our customers needs and apologize that you feel unhappy with our services.

Tooth fairy  in Hamilton
Tooth fairy in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Outstanding

Outstanding job. Havent done a roof in a while, so was somewhat apprehensive. Hired Mint Roofing on a referral. Top shelf!! Whole crew traveled quite a way and showed up on time including foreman. Very polite. 1100 sq ft bungalow and detached garage stripped and shingled in a day. Laid them straight as an arrow. They swept and magnetized (to ensure no old nails left behind) driveway, decks and yard.) Very impressed. Highly recommend.

Thank you for taking the time to review our services.
We're thrilled that you like the new roof and happy to hear that we met your expectations.
Chris Knott

More about Mint Roofing Ltd.

Mint Roofing Ltd. is a professional roofing contractor that serves residential and commercial property owners in Durham and York Regions.
Our firm is fully licensed, certified and insured. We carry over $ 5 million of liability coverage which provides our clients and contractors peace of mind and protection.

Our team of trained consultants have over 30 years of industry experience and have proudly served thousands of clients across the GTA including home owners, business owners, engineer firms, restoration and insurance companies.

Our business model is a simple one however we mean every word

- Provide honest advice and exceptional service
- Keep our promises EVERY time
- Only install high quality products that provide our clients warranty coverage and protection
- Treat our clients and their homes with unparalleled respect

Do all of these things for an affordable and fair price

Mint Roofing Ltd. have the knowledge, experience and capacity to tackle any roofing, siding, eavestrough or insulation project.
The team members are easy to work with and respect our clients busy schedules, we will make every effort to meet you at a time that is convenient for you.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to review your project, answer any questions or concerns that you have, and ensure that you are educated and comfortable with the products, offerings and options that we recommend for your home or business.

We hope to serve you soon, for more information please visit our website or contact us by phone today