HomeStars  >  Roofing in Whitby  >  Mint Roofing Ltd.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Mint Roofing Ltd.

Natalie

They arrived in the morning and finished the job the next day with amazing quality! We're so happy with their service and professionalism. The work crew was great, they were all polite, and worked non-stop. We are very satisfied with the entire job. I can certainly recommend Mint roofing to everyone .

Natalie

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.
You were an absolute pleasure to work with and we hope you enjoy your new roof.

Many thanks

jackierudo
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Had a hole in my roof and when it rained it was through my window frame

Jackie

Thanks for the review.
I'm glad we were able to help and get this problem resolved for you.

tschuck
1 review Whitby, ON

Good work.
Professional
On time
Cleaned up very well each day.
Seemed pretty competent
Made sure the job was done correctly

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.
I'm pleased that you're satisfied with our work and we're looking forward to working for you again this Spring when you're ready for us to roof your custom built pool house.

Many thanks

KB
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

We contacted two roofing companies to quote on our roof. The first company did not even take the time to visit our home with samples and to discuss the project, they just sent a quote.

Krista at Mint Roofing Limited came to our house, measured, inspected the roof, discussed our options for shingles, showed us samples, showed us the underlayment as well as ice and water shield. She also informed us about how they would be changing venting and flashing with new correctly sized/type vents.

I told Krista that I had gotten one other quote and when she finished with our quote, I showed the other higher priced quote to her to be sure that I was comparing fairly. Krista's quote was lower for the same roofing work but her quote also included caulking some leaks in the eavestroughs.

We agreed right away to go with Mint Roofing because of the time that Krista took with us to explain what would be done and because, Mint Roofing was going to do a complete and thorough job, unlike many neighbors have had done. Price was not the deciding factor for us, we wanted our roof done properly.

When David and his crew came to replace the shingles, they were amazing also. They tarped all around the house to catch debris while removing all of the old shingles. They even put up boards to protect our doors and windows. They all wore safety harnesses which is a huge relief because we wanted a safe job site also. At the end of the first day, they cleaned up all the debris, swept up and even used a magnetic broom to make sure there were no nails around the property. At the end of the second day, when the job was completed, they cleaned up and even used a leaf blower to make sure any debris was removed. When David and his crew left our house, it looked as though nobody had even been there, only we now have a beautiful new roof.

Throughout the two days, David answered any questions we had and he pointed out differences in the way that our roofing was being installed versus other roofs in the area. We could clearly see the differences.

The GAF Timberline HD shingles used are beautiful. You can see the difference between our shingles and those of our neighbors. Ours look much thicker and there is a great deal more detail on the shingles. The Pewter colour is a perfect compliment to our home. Our roof was completely covered in underlayment with ice and water shield which most homes in our area do not have.

We have no doubt that these shingles will last for many decades to come.

We would not hesitate to use Mint Roofing for any future needs we have and we will highly recommend them to absolutely everyone.

KB

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.
I'm thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and hope you enjoy the new roof for decades to come.
We look forward to serving your friends and family in the future.

2 reviews Whitby, ON

Thinking that we needed new shingles after 20 years and after checking out Home Stars reviews, we chose this company. Chris (the owner) came promptly on the appointed day, and spent about 45 minutes, checking our roof, vents, eaves troughs and attic, even taking pictures. He assured us that our roof was in 'pristine' condition and should not need new shingles for at least 10 years. He sealed around a vent, disconnected a downspout, showed us how to clean it and even showed us something we could easily do ourselves to improve the ventilation in our attic. All this was done with no charge. We found Chris to be very professional, extremely honest, and very helpful. Of course, it was a relief to find out that we didn't have to invest in a new roof yet, but when we do, we will certainly use this company.

It was a pleasure meeting with you.
We take great pride in providing every client with honest professional advice, although we love to earn new clients we will not mislead anyone when they do not require our services.
Thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Debbie and Hank from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Chris the owner, came and spent almost 2 hours at my house explaining the entire job. Even with all the rain we had, they came on the date promised. Dave and his crew were very efficient and very professional. Excellent care of the gardens and house and cleanup was very thorough. Chris came both days to check on everything and the morning after went around and did even further cleanup and checked everything out. It was a very positive experience, and they did an amazing job. I would highly recommend using this company.

Debbie

Thank you for the kind review.
It was an absolute pleasure working on your home and we're so pleased to hear that you're satisfied with our service.

AC
1 review Whitby, ON

Very professional team. Chris explained everything in detail so you know exactly what you are getting. Clean up is exceptional. I would highly recommend Mint Roofing.

AC

Thank you for taking the time to review our Company
It was an absolute pleasure working on your home, we thank you for the business.
Enjoy the new roof!!

Mint Roofing Ltd

J& in Toronto

Krista and Chris from Mint Roofing helped me to get my parent's roof redone with GAF Timberline HD shingles. After the job was done, I was very impressed by the way they looked, they kinda have a 3D texture, which makes the roof look great compared to the flat cheaper shingles. I was also very impressed by how professional and friendly Krista and Chris were. Whenever I had questions, they spent the time to give me detailed answers - sometimes more than I asked for. They are a bit pricier than other contractors, but I was very happy to pay the price for their top quality workmanship & product, and extremely friendly and professional management team. Highly recommend Mint Roofing for your roofing needs!

Thank you so much for the kind review.
We loved meeting you and working on your Father's home.
I hope you enjoy the new roof and the peace of mind you have knowing that you won't have to worry about your roof for 50 years!!

2 reviews Pickering, ON

We had one shingle come loose in a wind storm and needed an obvious repair. We contacted a couple of roofers in the Durham Region and had this done quickly. However, we were further led to believe we needed a new roof. Thankfully we found MINT and their appraiser was everything we could have asked for: prompt, honest, and thorough in her appraisal with the conclusion that we in fact had fiberglass shingles that were less than 10 years old. We were advised from Mint that we in fact could likely get another 5-10 years out of our roof ...there was nothing wrong with it. Well, guess what - in when that day comes, Mint is the ONLY company we will approach.

We thank you for caring about the customer first.
George's moms in Pickering

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Providing clients with honest and sound roofing advise is how we built our business and reputation and we're pleased to have been able to assist you.

Steve from Vaughan

I'm the type of guy that is a little wary when I need to hire someone to do a job around the house. Even more so when it's my roof, because hey, how can I (or you for that matter) verify that the job was done correctly?

So, like you're probably doing right now, I spent many a days doing online research, spoke with countless roofers and obtained a ton of quotes. And after all was said and done, I decided to go with Mint Roofing. And it was well worth it.

From start to finish, Chris and his team were always informative, accommodating and professional. I find that it's rare nowadays to find people that truly value their work and customer satisfaction to such a high degree as Chris does. For example, after my roof was completed, he promptly and courteously followed up on a small additional task that needed to get done. To be honest, he probably could've told me to bugger off, but he didn't. And I find that it's those situations that really reveals someone's character, and for Chris, he showed that he's a stand-up guy.

So if you're like me, someone who's a little wary and really wants to find the right company, you should definitely go with Mint Roofing. You will not be disappointed.

Steve

Thank you for the review.
I'm honoured that we were you're roofing contractor of choice.
We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and pleased to know that we delivered and have met your expectations.

Chris Knott

More about Mint Roofing Ltd.

Mint Roofing Ltd. is a professional roofing contractor that serves residential and commercial property owners in Durham and York Regions.
Our firm is fully licensed, certified and insured. We carry over $ 5 million of liability coverage which provides our clients and contractors peace of mind and protection.

Our team of trained consultants have over 30 years of industry experience and have proudly served thousands of clients across the GTA including home owners, business owners, engineer firms, restoration and insurance companies.

Our business model is a simple one however we mean every word

- Provide honest advice and exceptional service
- Keep our promises EVERY time
- Only install high quality products that provide our clients warranty coverage and protection
- Treat our clients and their homes with unparalleled respect

Do all of these things for an affordable and fair price

Mint Roofing Ltd. have the knowledge, experience and capacity to tackle any roofing, siding, eavestrough or insulation project.
The team members are easy to work with and respect our clients busy schedules, we will make every effort to meet you at a time that is convenient for you.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to review your project, answer any questions or concerns that you have, and ensure that you are educated and comfortable with the products, offerings and options that we recommend for your home or business.

We hope to serve you soon, for more information please visit our website or contact us by phone today