Hedge King

Reviews for Hedge King

neilhoward in Ottawa
neilhoward in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

New hedge replace old overgrown hedge

Hedge King did an excellent job of replacing a very overgrown hedge 60ft long. Over two days their very skilled and friendly staff put in a new beautiful 6ft hedge that has transformed both properties! Very precessional service and great value! Highly recommend.
Neil

Robert
Robert
1 review Russell, ON

Cedar Hedge replanting

We had about 300 feet of very overgrown cedar hedges due to previous owner neglect, which gave no choice but to remove and replant new. After evaluating a number of firms we either found that a) They did not service our area (Russell, Ont.) b) Where not qualified/confident to perform the work c) Just way too expensive. After some discussion with Tom from Hedge King he agreed to perform the work even if outside their normal service area. His team came and conquered our hedge beast over two days in an efficient/professional manner.

Part 1: Removal of existing Hedge
Basically a lot of hard work but care taken to ensure no property damage. Used chipper to make mulch. Grind existing roots.

Part 2: Replant new Hedge
Very high quality hedges planted with very even spacing in a nice straight line. This was followed by spreading mulch to help protect roots from summer heat. This extra step turned out to be a life saver given out recent heat wave in Ottawa with plus 30 degree temperatures.

Part 3: Test of time
It's been about 2 weeks now. Hedges are still green given the heat which again is indication of quality trees planting care.

Note: Ranked 4/5 only because don't give 5/5 upfront. If hedges still look great next year then 5/5 (expected).

Hedge King overall work is awesome and would recommend to anyone.

John B. in Ottawa
John B. in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Hedge and shrub trimming

We had two tall hedge rows and three front trees/ shrubs trimmed by Hedge King, all was done skillfully and correctly. The crew cleaned up all trimmed leaves and branches, nothing left over. A job well done, they are highly recommended.

R. Smith in Ottawa
R. Smith in Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Hedge trimming

I highly recommend The Hedge King Ottawa. Mike and Cam did an amazing job trimming our extremely tall hedge. The hedge looks beautiful now. Thank you.
R. Smith

Thank you Rita!

dtnmstjt
dtnmstjt

hedge trimming and rehabilitation

Hedge King
Ottawa
K1R 5S2

Three years ago, on the recommendation of a friend, I hired Tom of Hedge King to rehabilitate a shaggy, leggy, uneven and overgrown hedge that had not been trimmed in twenty years. I had thought that it was beyond fixing and that it would have to be torn out and replaced. Tom suggested a program of annual trimming to fill out the hedge and bring it back to a visually appealing shape. By the beginning of the second year, the hoped-for transformation was well underway. This year I can honestly say that this hedge, once a source of embarrassment, is now a landscaping asset to our property. My neighbor was so impressed that she has also hired Tom to do trim work, grind the roots of nuisance plants and plant new cedars on her property. The results have been really lovely. This year, in addition to our, now manicured, front hedges, I asked Tom to take on the backyard cedars, which are as tall as our two storey house. I am confident that this relatively modest investment will result in a healthier more private hedge/tree cover within the next two years. I am absolutely delighted with Tom's conscientious and knowledgeable work; the results; the reasonable price; the professional attitude of his staff and the thorough cleanup. I can recommend Hedge King without reservation. They work so very hard, and so cheerfully, they deserve the highest praise.

Wow, we appreciate the king words. Look forward to doing it again next season.

Mary P in Gloucester
Mary P in Gloucester

Refreshing Work Ethic and pride of work

Hedges were trimmed today, with no trace of anyone being there. Tom and his crew are so efficient and cleaned up In way it appears no one was there.
It is inspiring to have met a young man with such a great work ethic and pride in his work. He is polite honest not to mention he is in school and started to do hedges to fund it.
I highly recommend this young fellow.

Tom you can use me as a reference anytime.
Mary P

wlf226 in Nepean
wlf226 in Nepean
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great job, great price

I just couldn't be happier. I have had multiple hedge trimmers previously and they were ok. Prices were too high so I was struggling to trim myself! My neighbour called hedge king and the owner gave us an amazing price. Not only was the price far below what his competitors charge, his work is definitely superior. Really really happy. Now I can justify having my hedges done regularly. He made them perfect! Finally!

More about Hedge King

Welcome to Hedge King! We provide the highest quality in professional hedge trimming, planting and removal to the Ottawa area. We pride ourselves in leaving every client 100% satisfied, along with a hedge that will make the neighbors say “WOW!”. This is achieved by three clear communication, reliability and highly experienced employees. Our services include hedge trimming, shrub trimming, hedge planting and hedge removal.

***

Contact us today to schedule your appointment. We're looking forward to working with you.