Moving & Storage

sebarias in Airdrie
sebarias in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Moving

We had the worst experience ever, this company lost our Bose speaker, broke our bed, scratched all our furniture and overcharged us.

They didn't respond for any of it, they committed to something that they clearly couldn't provide. I encourage everyone to work with someone else.

Use Starway if you want to pay thousands to have your stuff lost and broken!

Like a lot of other negative reviews on here, I had a similar experience when moving with Starway.

Christine was my sales rep and was extremely attentive and pleasant to work with. Our weight from the scale was over 7000lbs for a 2-bedroom house where we sold a lot of our belongings. This was more than we had anticipated but since we did not go to the scale with the crew, we accepted and trusted it. Be warned though - the "industry standard" should be doubled, in my opinion.

The Calgary crew were exceptional - very polite, efficient, and we gave them a good tip as we appreciated the attention to detail and ease at which the move out was done.

However, arriving in Toronto - the crew was a) drunk at 9am, b) broke/damaged a lot of our belonging, c) used our bathroom and peed all over the toilet and floor (Yes, you read that right.), d) took many many smoke breaks in the truck, stinking up our belongings (it was cold out), and e) took boxes marked "FRAGILE" and for some reason SLAMMED them down right in front of us. Most, if not all FRAGILE boxes were on their side. I have photos of boxes simply annihilated from the move in. I know they're not "liable" but come on. Paying over $4k I expect some human-level of decency.
During the unload, the most expensive thing I own - a custom wooden table that I hand-picked the wood for - was scratched by the crew right in front of me. I had taken the protective blanket off and the table was in mint condition. Without me telling the crew, they started piling stuff on top of the table. They slid a plastic bin across it that had some gravel on the bottom. Scratched the finished top horribly. I addressed it immediately, and the (drunken) crew replied "that was already like that" when both parties watched as it happened. Insulting. And again, at 9am with crew members smelling like liquor... not impressed. The sales crew back in Airdrie apologized and said they would inform the crew's manager. I never heard again about this.

A few belongings were 'missed'. We noticed the missing items immediately. Our move-in to Toronto was November 4th. Ironically, things a crew like that might want: power tools. I was informed they were in a crate and moved to one side so were not noticed. On December 15th I was informed that the missing items were in Toronto and they were waiting to hear back when they'd be delivered. It is now January 3rd. I haven't heard much from Starway at all. UPDATED: January 16 and the Toronto crew still won't admit they have the items. They want photos of the power tools. I want some money back aside from their piddly 60c per pound. The Calgary office insists that it is the Toronto crew's fault. I keep telling them that in my eyes, they're all the same company so please take responsibility for who you hire.

Overall moving our items cost $4200. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. Even though I did my research and picked a BBB-credited company, I regret so much of this. No compensation. Some apologies about the drunk crew but overall, this was a terrible and emotionally draining experience.

I have an email chain over 96 emails long to prove any and all of these statements.

Dan in Lethbridge
Dan in Lethbridge
1 review Lethbridge, AB

GIVE ME MY STUFF BACK!!!

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - They still have a portion of our stuff and won`t deliver it. They will not return my phone calls and won`t respond to any emails. GIVE ME MY STUFF BACK!!! They are extremely nice and under quote you to obtain your business, but once they pick up your stuff they will hold it hostage while they take advantage of you and give you no other choice but to bend to their demands.

We were moving with a one bedroom apartment and our belongings were estimated to be under 2000 lbs. Our stuff was picked up and then they required payment in full before our belongings were delivered. The invoice stated our contents were almost 5000 lbs. 5000 lbs for a one bedroom apartment? Highly unlikely.

I had a few questions about the weight and was given this response via email from one of the managers named Sue, `YOU ARE GOING OFF AS IF YOU ARE ENTITLED TO SOME SPECIAL TREATMENT. YOU ARE NOT. IF YOU WANT THEM RE WEIGHED SEND ME $450 AND I WILL BRING IN ANOTHER CREW TO OFF LOAD THE TRUCK, DRIVE TO THE SCALE, WEIGH, COME BACK TO THE WAREHOUSE AND RELOAD RE TRUCK. WE WILL THEN GO BACK TO THE SCALE AND REWEIGH. IF THE WEIGHT IS INCORRECT THEN WE WILL REFUND THE $450 (I CAN ASSURE YOU A GOVERNMENT CERTIFIED SCALE WILL NOT BE WRONG) IF THE WEIGHT IS CORRECT WE WILL KEEP THE $450 TO PAY OUR CREW, DRIVER, FUEL, SCALE FEES, ETC

We had no choice but to pay this new invoice amount in full before our belongings were delivered, but they kept some of our belongings and won`t return them. The customer service is atrocious. The manager Sue is easily the rudest person I have every encountered in my entire life. When I started asking questions about the invoice that was almost double our original quote she would actually hang up on me. She blatantly hung up on me on two separate occasions. After one instance, she emailed me after she hung up on me and said, `I WILL NOT TAKE ANYMORE OF YOUR RIDICULOUS CALLS` - As a customer I wouldn`t classify my calls as ridiculous. I had some legitimate questions about our invoice which Sue couldn`t and didn`t really seem overly concerned with clarifying.

If you value honesty, integrity, customer service and not having your stuff taken... please beware.

This customer was easily one of the most difficult and arrogant men I have ever dealt with. He was being evicted from his home in BC. He called in a panic as he was being evicted from his home. He had to be out of his home by noon. I called an already scheduled customer and asked if we could do his move later to which he agreed to. We went and picked up Dan's belongings and had him out of his place by noon.

He wanted his belongings delivered on the 3rd of the month. I called and he was still not in Calgary but asked that we do it later to which we agreed. I advised him of his weight and he became very upset and belligerent. He was sent an estimate for 2000 pounds which is just and industry standard for a one bedroom home. We weighed the truck after his belongings were loaded and the government certified scale clearly showed that his belongs weighed 3980 pounds. He then became demanding and telling me what a joke this company was and how he was not paying for 3900 pounds. I told him that I would send the weigh scale tickets to him. No, he did not care. He wanted us to reweigh his belongings. I explained that we use government certified scales. Again, belligerent and telling me I was going to reweigh his items. I explained that we would have to off load his belongings to the warehouse, go and weigh the empty truck, come back to the warehouse and reload his belongs. Then drive back to the government scale and reweigh, For this there was a $450 charge. If the weight was not what the original weigh scale ticket showed then we would refund his $450. He began swearing at me telling me that I was going to do this and he was not paying $450 and on and on.I tried several time to keep him calm to no avail. I finally did respond with the email he has attached above. I stand behind the fact that he felt he was entitled to special treatment. We did postpone another move, get his belongings to Alberta in the time he asked for but when it came to paying he did not want to. When I told him he would not receive his items without payment he started calling every couple of minutes to complain.
An e transfer finally came through and we delivered his belongings that day, However when we tried to open the transfer it was blocked. I tried to get him to unblock it and was told it was our problem. Please see email sent to him. He refused to call the bank etc etc. We contacted him to tell him a weight was left in the truck. He wanted it delivered. Told him that we would deliver when payment was made. He then began threatening that he was going to all the social media sites to complain about us. He would also get 3 of his friends to complain. Wanted staff to be fired before payment. Trying to blackmail us.
He finally unblocked the payment and when the money came through we delivered his one weight.
Starway has excellent customer service but customer service does not mean we have to be insulted, belittled and yelled at. I stand behind my comments that were made to this VERY rude and nasty man.

Sue

deb in Calgary
deb in Calgary
2 reviews Airdrie, AB

moving

Used this company to move from Alberta to Manitoba. Was not given any form of inventory list. When I called regarding missing belongings, I was told that they do not always provide a list. . Certainly leaves them with no responsibily and the customer with no way to prove that there were items missing. Nice for them !!! The office manager hung up on me. Great PR. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Michele in Edmonton
Michele in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Movers, worse experience.

403-316-0157
Airdrie
AB
T4B 3E2

Person walked in our house didn't introduce himself, im asmatic they smoked inside the truck (all 4 did) and charged us 20 for a bag for cat allergies we could have we bagged ourselves. They quoted us something we have emails then told us the people who quoted us were all fired 3 of them. They finally agreed to charge us what we were quoted. They broke so many things the more I unpack the more I find. They taped up our tv stand as we took tape off so did pieces of the stand, they taped up my wrapping paper which is garbage now they could have let us know we ould have put it in bag. Terrible customer service, only respectful
was the guy who delivered our things . Never use this company it's hard to even get ahold of them. I'm disgusted with them. Pictures are of only a few things.

Private User reviews Airdrie, AB

Awesome Movers!!

403-316-0157
Airdrie
AB
T4B 3E2

Awesome movers! Fast, efficient, and courteous! This was my first long distance move and it was amazing how well it went! Stress free and fast! I highly recommend them to anyone!!

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Airdrie?