General Contractors

Reviews for ONEWAY Construction

Shawn Mendoza in Gloucester
Shawn Mendoza in Gloucester

Renovation

One way has completely renovated and transformed the upstairs and main level of my house. I bought a historic house built in the 1800s that required extensive renovations. I couldn't be happier with the amazing results and professionalism I received. Wesley is a really professional and knowledgeable contractor. I had many companies and contractors come through and I decided to go with One way because Wesley by far had the most direction and knowledge of construction.
I'm looking forward to having Oneway come back next year to transform the basement.

Thank you Wesley and your team at One way for all your work.

Thank you Mr. Mendoza for your kind words, it was an absolute pleasure working with you. We look forward to hearing from you to complete your basement.
Thank you again for choosing ONEWAY CONSTRUCTION as your construction company.

The ONEWAY Team

LaurieBiggs in Gloucester
LaurieBiggs in Gloucester
1 review Ottawa, ON

FINISHED BASEMENT AND ADDING .

613-492-1009
Ottawa
K1J 1C1

OnewayConstruction finished our basement, which included adding a bedroom, living room, full bathroom, storage room and hobby shop. We were extremely pleased with the results - in fact, the renovation quality is way better than the rest of our newly built home. They were always quick to reply to our emails and paid close attention to us and details. The team have a ton of experience in small-to-large home renos which definitely shows in the results. Highly recommended!

Thank you Laurie, our absolute pleasure working with you and your family. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Our team wishes you all the best.

Warm regards,
The Oneway Team.

Janet W. Ottawa
Janet W. Ottawa

Disappointed

My experience with Oneway Construction was very unpleasant. Here are the course of events.

February 14, 2018- signed a contract with Oneway Construction for bathroom and kitchen renovation. Gave Wesley Hunt a 50% deposit by cheque in the amount of $4,407, which was cashed immediately. Wesley verbally guaranteed that the work would be completed by April 30. By the end of April, Wesley apologized for not being able to start the job because of delays in previous projects (according to him) and said that he would start May 18 which did not happen.
May 22- Oneway Construction came and took measurements and Wesley said he would get back to me with a start date which he never did.
June 4- Oneway Construction e-mailed me that a relative was very sick and they couldn’t start any new projects. I was offered the option of getting a full deposit refund. The same day I e-mailed back that I did want a full deposit refund.

As of July 2, no refund has been given to me, even though I was promised several times that a certified cheque would be delivered to my home. Every time there was a different excuse why they couldn’t bring or mail the cheque. Also, they completely ignored a letter from a lawyer that I hired about demanding payment.

All previous reviews that I read about this company do not jibe with my experience, which is puzzling. Based on my interaction with Oneway Construction, they do not seem to have a code of ethics or professional behaviour. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the quality of work as it was never delivered.

To whom this may concern,

Mrs. Wolfe agreed to have her small repair project fit in between bigger projects when a time in the schedule became available. After only one week Mrs. Wolfe became very eager to have it done, even though the agreement was to fit her project when time became available, no set date was given. We received the deposit when the contract was signed, the deposit cheque was deposited two days later, not realizing this would be an issue.
We gave Mrs. Wolfe the option for refund of deposit since she decided not to wait any longer for when time became available between bigger projects as originally agreed upon. Mrs. Wolfe decided to terminate the contract- We processed the contract termination letter in a timely manner, and refund shortly after when the letter was signed. Unfortunately my mother has been diagnosed with advanced cancer and I had to go out of town for this purpose which delayed the cheque delivery by a couple of days. July 2nd was Canada day holiday, therefore the refund cheque was delivered on July 3rd in full when our offices reopened after the long weekend.
We kept contact with Mrs. Wolfe throughout the whole process. All of our customers have been more than understanding with my family's unfortunate situation except Mrs. Wolfe.

We wish Mrs. Wolfe and her family all the best and it's unfortunate that her experience with our company was disappointing as she states above. We strive in customer satisfaction and quality services.

Sincere regards,
Oneway Construction

Hamza Mohammed in Gloucester
Hamza Mohammed in Gloucester

Home addition

Excellent service, excellent communications. From the first moment I engaged Oneway Construction for my project, I was very impressed with the level of communication and respect for my time. The crews showed up on time, did excellent work, and cleaned up beautifully at the end of each day. Could not recommend more! We are so happy with our addition, they are so talented, the work is beautiful, thank you.

Thank you for the feedback and choosing Oneway for your project.

ONEWAY CONSTRUCTION

Angela
Angela
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Main Bathroom Removation

We originally hired ONEWAY to simply renovate our main bathroom, keeping the existing layout, but during the design process made a big change to completely gut and reconfigure the entire space.
From our first meeting with Wesley, we could see and appreciate his passion for making homes more functional – and ultimately safe – for his clients. He took a lot of time to go through any concerns we had with the bathroom as a whole so that he could provide the most accurate quote and drawings.
Once the work began, Justin, Connor and Dave were extremely professional and respectful of not only us, but our home, and also our neighbors. The project began a few weeks before Christmas, so they worked long hours and kept the entire space clean and safe from start to finish ... which was especially important with our 2 year old running around. Everyone's attention to detail is outstanding and each member of the team took the time needed to ensure that things were above the highest of standards.
Justin in particular was especially helpful with some major tile issues we had with a supplier. His advice was invaluable, and the care and time he took for the install of our 3 different variations of tile in our bathroom was outstanding.
As the owner, Wesley is very passionate about his business and the work that is produced by every member of his team, staying on top of things to ensure that the client is aware of any issues or changes that need to be addressed with any renovation process. Although there were times we had some communication delays via email or phone due to the busy schedules and projects, Deila always went above and beyond to ensure she got us the information required as soon as possible.
Deila herself helped save the day by sourcing us an alternate tub when a supplier had advised they had stock readily available for a 6ft tub, per the drawings, when in fact it was a 4-6wk lead special order. She was able to find a beautiful 5.5ft tub quickly for the required install date.
Although there were delays with the project that were beyond anyone's control, we are thrilled with our bathroom renovation. ONEWAY's team took what was clearly a DIY job from previous homeowners and transformed it into a safe (no more live wires!) and inviting space for years to come.
We would absolutely recommend ONEWAY to anyone looking to complete home renovation projects, and cannot wait to work with them on future projects with our home!

Thank you for the kind words and great feedback. It was a pleasure working with you and helping with your bathroom project. We look forward to working with you again on future projects.

Sincere regards,
The ONEWAY CONSTRUCTION Team.

Lini in Ottawa
Lini in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Bathroom renovation

Our only bathroom was completely renovated. Oneway construction’s team did an incredible job. They were clean, professional and gave us a perfect bathroom, plumbing, fixed joice and a brand new backdoor. Unfortunately there were delays beyond their control so the project lasted longer than anticipated and the estimated time of completion was revised several times. The team worked very long hours and very hard and checked in with us regularly. We will definitely contact Oneway Construction for our future projects. They did not disapppoint.

Thank you very much for the feedback- your opinion is very important to us.
It's great to hear you are enjoying your bathroom. It was a pleasure working with you and look forward to working with you again in the future.

ONEWAY CONSTRUCTION

Brad in Ottawa
Brad in Ottawa

Main upstairs bathroom

We had Wesley and his crew completely gut and rebuild our main family bathroom including a custom vanity. The project was not without it's setbacks however Wesley was extremely easy to communicate with and was always available to answer our questions. The crew of Justin, Jesse and Connor were very easy to work with and you could tell that they take pride in their work. The worksite was kept clean at the end of each day which was huge as we have 2 young boys running around. The finished product was everything we imagined and we are very happy with the experience of this reno.

Thank you for the kind words Brad and Julianne. It's very nice to hear you are enjoying your renovated bathroom. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

The ONEWAY Team.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Load Bearing wall removed and Beam installed

Very impressed with this company. Great comunication and customer servive from the owner right down to the staff.
Our phone calls were returned promply and the work done was done on time and beyond expectations. They were pationate in their work and it shows in the finished job.
I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Thanks
John in Bells Corners

Thank you very much for the kind words John and Diane, it was an absolute pleasure working with you. We look forward to working with you again in the future.
Thank you for choosing ONEWAY.
The ONEWAY team!

Sammy_sosa75 in Ottawa
Sammy_sosa75 in Ottawa

deck and patio

they did a wonderful job in workmanship. The crew was very professional and the owner is very passionate about his work making sure client is satisfied. I was very satisfied with the treatment and would recommend them to anyone looking.

Thank you for your review - we look forward to working with you again in the future.

ONEWAY Team

More about ONEWAY Construction

ONEWAY Construction Inc. specializes in custom homes, additions, renovations, foundation repair and more. From the initial design consultation to the completion of a custom build, home addition, a renovation or whatever your dream project may be, ONEWAY Construction serves the individual needs of our clients with precision, clarity and a ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Ottawa?