Unique By Design

Chris a.
Chris a.
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Bathroom Renovations

John completed two renovations for us. His work is impeccable! He takes great pride in his work, and spends the time required to ensure the details are respected. Tiles are plumb, level and to line, the materials used are researched and correct for the application. Both projects turned out above our expectations. If you want you project done right then John is the guy to have it completed by.

Chris thank you for the awesome review, it was a pleasure working for you. So glad you're happy with the renovation work. Cheers John!

rick w.
rick w.
1 review Port Perry, ON

Basement Finishing

John and his company Unique by Design were hired to complete the tile and hardwood finishing for our basement finishing project due to their professionalism in detailing the requirements for the project and quoting accordingly. Based on his recommendations he delivered the results we expected and were overjoyed with while on budget. During the install, he actually found flaws in the materials delivered and we sent them back for replacement to ensure the results were true to manufacture and installation. We could not be happier eith the results. Thank you John and Unique by Design!

For your positive review
And for taking the time out of your busy schedule.
Best wishes to you and your family
Cheers

jim_woodcroft
jim_woodcroft
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Kitchen floor tile / backsplash, bath and flooring.

We have had John into our home for several jobs. He has installed floor tile, shower tile, backsplash and laminate for us. His work is excellent and of super high quality. He is very neat and respectful of your home. We have recommended John several times to our friends. They have all been equally happy with his workmanship and high quality service.

We would not hesitate to have John back to do any job for us.

Highly recommended!

It was my pleasure Jim

GCastillo in Oshawa
GCastillo in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Home Renovations

From the first meeting and throughout my project John and his crew from Unique By Design, made me feel comfortable. He explained every step of the project and what I should expect. His craftsmanship and attention to detail, are a reflection of his 35+ years of experience. I also really appreciated John being meticulously clean and organized during, and at the end of each day. John worked with me and my schedule, was prompt and on time, even working weekends. I love my fireplace and my custom bathroom (with in-floor heating)! The tiling is perfect and just what I wanted. I totally recommend John and would not hesitate to hire him again for my next project. – G. Castillo
 * Trusted
 * Experienced
 * Professional
 * Meticulous

Thank you GCastillo for your kind words and review
It was a pleasure getting to know you and work in your home

fam_1958
fam_1958
1 review Pickering, ON

Washroom and. Deck

I’m providing this letter to the community as a recommendation-with respect to Unique by Design which is owned and operated by John Young. John was hired to renovate our entire washroom suite at our home. As well, he replaced our deck in the summer 2012. John and his team under took first class work and did not quit until everything was asked for and completed to our satisfaction John conducts himself in a professional manner and is extremely reliable. I would highly recommend Unique by Design for anyone considering a renovation and I would certainly use him again for any of our future projects.
Thanks Frank

It was a pleasure working for you
Cheers

dionskee
dionskee
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Tiling projects

I have used Unique by Design for a number tiling projects. They provide excellent workmanship and were done on time and on budget.

Thank you , Eric and Ashleigh it was pleasure working for you

Don Gauthier from L1N9T8
Don Gauthier from L1N9T8
6 reviews Whitby, ON

Kitchen Backsplash

We came across Unique by Design when we were searching for tile for our kitchen backsplash. In the process of obtaining a quote, the design studio we consulted with offered to send out their installer to provide an estimate. We scheduled a time to meet with John (whom I never met before and thought he worked exclusively for the designer).

I want to preface this by saying I'm quite handy. I'm an avid DIY'er who has done backsplash before, but also acknowledge my limitations. My home is new, entirely custom, and so we're looking for perfection (or as close as possible). Also having been working with trades through several homes; I've become familiar with many of the short cuts contractors tend to make. Makes me appreciate the finer details, and when John came out I was impressed by his suggestions and what he had to offer.

The design studio did not carry the tile we decided on. We called John back and asked if he'd still be interested in the job. To his credit (and a wrinkle to our plans) John was honest and would not contract to us directly because it was the designer that put us in touch. Relationships matter, and I respect that. We also had no issue with the design studio - they were great in fact, and so we had to request them carry this line of tile on our behalf - just so we could work with John.

We had 3 quotes on the job. John's was very competitive. His estimate was 2 days to complete the work, but it took 3 full days. The extra day wasn't a failure on John's part, but instead spoke to his meticulous nature. John would pause from time to time and explain to us an opportunity (or obstacle) and give us choice. When we obviously took the more detailed, more time consuming route - it never phased him. John would smile and go back to work. And that 3rd day? John cut into his weekend to ensure continuity - that he was there daily from start to finish, and ensure we were not left with a disruption longer than necessary.

In the end, were thrilled with the work. I would not hesitate to call on him again in the future, and I'm confident our paths will cross again soon. Fantastic work and a very reasonable price. Thank you for a great experience!

Thank you so much for all very kind thoughts
Much appreciated

More about Unique By Design

Unique By Design is an established and successful company that specializes in the design, creation and renovation of your interior and exterior environments. Our ability to deliver the clients vision through understanding and dealing effectively with functional and site-specific considerations has resulted in a business that has grown primarily through referrals and repeat business.
Our skillsets and operational know-how ensure we deliver on budget, on time, every time. Our creative approach and thoroughness both delights and delivers. From landscaping to decks, from bathrooms to basements, we have the expertise to turn your vision into a reality.