Touch Plow

Reviews for Touch Plow

mike in Ottawa
mike in Ottawa

No Communication

I was told my contractor had an exception with my request and that I should try and contact the company.

I have put in 2 requests to have the company call me or contact me back. None of which has been answered.

Very, poor service from the company.. I guess they don't need business.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Poor communication

I have no issue with the service providers but with the app itself. it charges you the price plus $25 in advance, there is no customer service or contact option within the app you have to search the company online to try to contact them and the lack of correspondence in really unacceptable for an online app when there are so many options available now.

J in Ottawa
J in Ottawa

They never showed up

Snow removal is a vital service - it's not optional like cutting a lawn.

We ordered Touch Plow's service and chose the 24 hour window. The plow did not arrive within the allotted time-frame so I was forced to shovel for 90 minutes to get my car out of the driveway.

I would avoid using this company.

UPDATE:

They charged my credit card anyway. Even though they never showed up.

Now we have to spend hours with them and our credit card company getting the charge reversed.

We sent emails to them. They don't respond. There is no way to easily communicate with this company.

Why would you charge someone when you didn't perform a service?

Wow!

harrison.dacosta
harrison.dacosta
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Snow Removal

I ordered a touch plow in the morning; the end of the service window was 9:27 and nobody showed up. My card was charged.

I understand there are always delays, but you feel helpless as a customer if nobody shows up and there's no phone number or live chat to get a response. I don't want to wait 12 hours for an email response; I had to shovel my driveway at 10pm.

There's an obvious lack of investment in the app. There's no ETA, there's no way to view any detailed information on the service provider, there's no support/live chat, ect. Despite this, it can easily be overcame by prompt customer service.

I don't usually write these reviews, but I feel like I'm getting robbed.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

With 30 cm's of fresh snow on the ground I was not optimistic I would get service the same day. I booked between 4-12 hours, they arrived in 6 hours and did an amazing job. Great service and the price was fine considering it would have taken me 5 hours and likely a trip to the Chiro.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Great idea if someone actually shows up

I put in an order for 4 hours and under, nobody showed up - I ended up have to clean the snow myself. I am not able to cancel the job on the app and there is no phone number to call, I hope I will get my $56 back. So disappointed in this service- it’s a good business idea but only if they do what they say they are going to do

Sylvie in Ottawa
Sylvie in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

No one has shown up, driveway still a mess

I call early, at 9:00 a.m. and chose the 4 to 12 hours. I thought that was fair and good time. I got home from work 9 hours later, only to find myself parking on the street for the night. I am a heart attack survivor, so shovelling is a big NO NO. My husband is a commercial driver, so he's just not home till the weekend. He recommended the app, so I tried it. Thought the app was wonderful. I pay, they go, I get a pic of it being accomplished, great concept. There were 50+ plows in the vicinity. Where did they go? Unfortunately, it was a big bust so far on my end, with still a driveway full of snow. All I have on my app is "yup it was claimed, proper address notes, the driver who claimed the job"......and Nothing else. Now what?

Overpriced, poor service, damaged my property.

I guess I was right to be suspicious of an on-demand plow service. They are quite pricey, with costs on a sliding scale for service within 4, 12, or 24 hours. I was in a rush, so chose 4 hour service. They didn't show on time. They finally showed after 5.5 hours, did a crappy job, and damaged my stonework. And still charged me 4- hour rate. In trying to get ahold of company, I found their toll free phone number out of service, and their "24-hour" monitored call centre never responded at all. And when I did let them know of damage, they said they were not responsible, despite instructions on their website for damage claims. So, buyer beware... overpriced and careless service that does not meet their own service standards, shoddy communication, and terrible customer service. Buyers should also be aware that company is owned by the same person as Metro Snow and Ice in Ottawa, an equally poor company. Steer clear!

Gord in Barrie
Gord in Barrie
1 review Ottawa, ON

They plowed the wrong driveway!

They plowed once well enough a few weeks ago, but this time they plowed someone else's driveway. The photo was of a 1½ width driveway with a white car on it. We have a single driveway and our red car is in the garage. The phone number on their receipt (844-779-7669) is disconnected.

We will address 'tis with the driver, refund immediately and issue you a Bonus Code. Please email us with the exact address. Many thanks
Touchplow

sferg in Ottawa
sferg in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Reliable on demand snow plow service

Normally I shovel my own small driveway, but twice this year I called on TouchPlow via their free app (downloaded from Google Play) to order a plow within a 12 hour window. Both times TouchPlow came through and saved me from backbreaking shovelling. At $30 I found it a very reasonable price and the plow job was solid. You can pay a higher rate ($37.50) if you want the plow job done within 4 hours. I highly recommend this service for anyone who doesn't need a winter season contract, but just a plow here and there.

More about Touch Plow

North Americas 'On Demand" Snow clearing app. Download, Register in, Order Your Plow and Relax!
Looking for Snow Removal pros in Ottawa?