Focus On Flooring

Reviews for Focus On Flooring

Mona in Thornhill
Mona in Thornhill

Beautiful floor

We had our kitchen floor refinished in May. The job took three days and the results were beautiful. Care was taken to contain the dust by putting up plastic sheets at the entrances to the kitchen. Andrew was very polite and was conscientious. Ralph was our initial contact and he stayed involved throughout the job. Both men clearly took pride in doing a good job and were detail-oriented. When the job was done, we were so pleased with the clean up. The floor looks like new. We have no hesitation in recommending them.

alicejhk in Toronto
alicejhk in Toronto

Laminate floors for 1000 sq ft Condo

Ralph and his team did an exceptional job on upgrading my laminate floors in my condo. It is 6 months after project completion and so far I am pleased. There was a hiccup in the scheduling of the install date (misunderstanding between Ralph and me) so I would recommend that you have confirmation in writing from both parties on the exact date of completion to avoid any scheduling delays. The only other minor annoyance was that there was a small section where I did not need baseboards replaced (because it would be covered by a built-in unit later), but that also got lost in communication and I ended up paying for materials that I ultimately didn't need. I have since recommended Focus on Flooring to my parents who are also very happy with the quality of service provided. I will definitely call them again in the future for any flooring needs.

Hi Alice
thank you for honest review looking forward to work for you and your family in the future. Ralph.

Tony in Maple
Tony in Maple

Recap and Refinish Stairs

I was having new hardwood floors put in and I had reached out to Ralph to renovate to match the main staircase and another set of stairs leading down to the sunken living area. Ralph's recommendation was to recap the main stairs and refinish the other. Multiple vendors were working on-site but Ralph and his crew were very accommodating and worked alongside them. Despite the tight timelines, they were able to deliver on-time with great results. There were a few minor cosmetic issues on delivery but Ralph quickly had them resolved. Highly recommended.

Hi Tony
Thank you for your review. Ralph

Brae in Oshawa
Brae in Oshawa
2 reviews Courtice, ON

Main Floor Engineered Hardwood Install

Ralph and Derek's team were excellent in every way. They showed up on time both days, and completed the job on time and cleaned up behind themselves. They were concerned about my poor subfloor and did everything they could to make it the best it could be.
I paid extra for floor screwing and leveling. They didn't skimp on their time or efforts and it turned out better than I expected.
9 out of 10 contractors I've dealt with in the past would get less than a 5/10 stars but these guys deserved every bit of their 10/10.

Hi Brae thank you for review, enjoy your new floor Ralph.

Becky in Toronto
Becky in Toronto

Condo Flooring

Replaced about 500-600 sq ft of combined flooring (tile, carpet, and laminate) with all engineered hardwood (natural hickory). Rafal was very prompt with all communications and for on site visit for quote. Rafal made the process very easy to navigate. Prices are very reasonable, but do not compromise the quality of work. The crew was pleasant and did a great job with the installation. The floors look absolutely beautiful! Would definitely use them again or refer to friends!

Thank you Becky ,enjoy your new place!

new hardwood

Love the new floor by Woodchuck. Installers were a cooperative team who were punctual, hardworking, courteous, and respectful. They moved our furniture carefully, removed all trash and provided some extra assistance in moving furniture after the job was completed. Would definitely recommend this company.

Thank you for great review Ralph.

myshellnica
myshellnica

vinyl floor installatuin

Focus on Flooring team was excellent .They were more then acommodating when we had to change installation dates.They split job in two parts in order to help us schedule other trades.the entire floor was finished and installers where excellent.They where efficient and helpful.I would highly recomend them .Thank you Ralph and Mathew

No problem enjoy your new floor thank you Ralph.

Dan
Dan
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Floor sanding, refinishing

The workers were prompt, polite and skilled. We were very pleased with how respectful they were, how diligently they worked, and most importantly, the end result, which is beautiful.

Thank you Ralph, your team was outstanding, we would recommend without hesitation.

Thank you Dan ,it was my pleasure to work for you. Ralph

Clip in Guelph
Clip in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Apartment laminate installation

Good people but the work is subpar. Doesn’t follow crucial manufacturer’s instructions like leaving a gap everywhere around the perimeter. This can lead to your floor buckling next time it’s humid. Also disregarded important manufacturers instructions using self leveler. Damaged door frames, no compensation offered. Corrected some of the issues but at the end asked for $500 more after the fact with no warning, because “they spent more time” than anticipated despite a clear written estimate on a straightforward installation.

Dear Customer
We truly apologize for the disappointment you have experienced and hope that one day we can earn back your trust.All my projects are ending up with final walk through with customer and this is what I did this time with no further complaints from your side.All gaps were adjusted according to manufacturer's instructions .My quote clearly indicates that only one subfloor area will be repaired and any extra work will be additional charge ,however I didn't argue with you and accepted original payment .We stand behind our work and our excellent history of customer service.I feel fully confident about this project being done properly according to Flooring Installation Standards .It is our goal to leave every client thrilled with us.We wish you and your family all the very best. Thank you Ralph.

Adam
Adam

Floor replacement in entire condo

I cannot say enough good things about Rafal and his team. My kitchen sink leaked into my living room which forced me to replace the floor in my entire condo. Initial quotes from other contractors and the insurance company were sky high along with the time they said it would take to do the job. Rafal on the other hand was much more reasonable in his pricing and got the entire job done on my place in 2 days a half day to clean up all the dust to a spotless shine. I would highly recommend Focus on Flooring to anyone needing to replace or upgrade their floor. You will not be disappointed with the quality of product and service you'll get. Thanks so much again!

Thank you Adam ,enjoy your new floor.

More about Focus On Flooring

Focus on Flooring offers a wide range of Quality Wood Flooring as well as Professional Installation, Repair, Restoration and Refinishing of Hardwood Flooring in Mississauga and the GTA.
Complete Basement Renovations