Catalina's Custom Roofing

Brantford ON N3R 6Z1
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Brantford  >  Catalina's Custom Roofing
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Catalina's Custom Roofing

Brian in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

This is a sad and disappointing review because after all my researching for a quality and reputable roofing company... I hired Craig and his 2 man crew hoping to get a quality job on my roof. Initially Craig seemed down to earth and pleasant.

After agreeing to a price and giving more than 50% deposit, the job nor the workmanship was anywhere near what was promised or expected. Corners were cut by not ensuring proper ice and water was installed in valleys and along dormer walls. On 2 separate occasions, I caught him putting shingles on bare wood, where there had been promised full coverage of underlayment. A 35 foot length of trough was badly dented and damaged from ladders and I asked that he please make sure no more trough got damaged, My house had just 2 layers of shingles and that has been confirmed by myself and 2 other roofers, he told me he needed another $1000.00 because there was 3 layers. NOT true. Craig had no truck and told me it was in the shop getting brakes done. I find out 2 days later , he sold his truck 2 - 3 weeks earlier and was counting on his worker to transport him and his tools .

At this time, Craig admitted he had some personal issues going on, including a substance abuse addictions. With the roof little more than 1/2 done , and rain on the way, he left the roof open with bare wood after telling me he would stay to close it in. I sent him text messages and mentioned the rain coming and he didn't care. He commented to me , to let it rain and leak,,, he had no concerns. He wanted more money again. After having to pay someone else to temporarily make the roof rain tight for the night, I received a text the next morning informing me that he would not put in one more nail with no money. Original agreement was balance to be paid on completion. He dropped by the house and told me , "Good luck with your roof" I asked if he would be coming back to finish and he said No.

Every day, the place was left in a mess with his tools laying all over and Craig and his crew gone.

At this time, I have had to hire more roofers to finish the job he has walked away from.
I have added pictures to show I am not exaggerating .

Craig... If you read this review, you know I have told no fibs. You had a 5 star rated company and you admitted to me that you have ruined it. Not all is lost yet. Get yourself some help and build back your outstanding reputation so you do not put anyone through what you put me through.

B

house owner in
1 review Brantford, ON

Craig did an excellent job on our roof, was on quote, on time, professional and great workmanship. He left the property tidied up and clean.
I would highly recommend this company.

Brad C in Oakville

We hired Catalina's roofing to replace the roofing shingles on our shed. The work was done cleanly, efficiently, on budget, and on time. We really felt that Craig cared for us and the that was evident right from the start as his team took great measures to protect our property and keep it clean throughout the job. We would recommend Catalina's roofing and would definitely hire them again.

Job Price

Thank you so much Brad! We appreciate the review and look forward to doing business with you aain in the future.
Craig and Nicole

Cam in Toronto
1 review Brantford, ON

Craig and his team completed a large installation project for my wife and I of both enviroshake and ashphalt shingles. The entire crew was friendly and curteous and the quality of their work speaks for itself. I was impressed by Craig's dedication to providing top quality customer service and doing the job the best possible way. When they left the job site my property was cleaner than when they arrived!