Drain Rescue Plumbers Ajax

Reviews for Drain Rescue Plumbers Ajax

Will Ryan in Ajax
Will Ryan in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Charged us for a free estimate, and gave an overpriced quote

Invoice #86005

DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. We called to ask about getting a quote on service to clear out our driveway storm drain which has been draining slowly. We were told on the phone that someone would come to give us a FREE estimate on the work. Once someone showed up, they removed the grate, stuck a finger into the piping, told us it was clogged with mud, and told us it would be $1600 to clean it out. We advised that we would be asking other companies for quotes; then we were promptly charge $75+HST for the estimate. Which we were told was free. I don't consider taking a drain cover off and checking piping worth $75 for 5 minutes of your time. We were not told there would be a charge until he had opened the drain, and then when asked about why there was a charge, his response was "Well, I did something, so I have to charge you." That is poor customer service, and we are extremely angry and disappointed. We will not be calling back, and will be warning others about this company and it's poor practices. My spouse called you repeatedly to speak to a manager regarding this issue on the same day. We were told we would receive a call back and never did.

Elderpro in Toronto
Elderpro in Toronto

Overcharged for services

They charged my 81 year old mother $320 to snake her kitchen drain that took less than one hour. This far exceeds the market rate for this service. To some seniors, problems like a clogged drain are overwhelming and they are easily taken advantage of. When I called to complain for the excessive fee compared to the time and effort, I was told the manager would call back but he did not. He assigned the call to the plumber who had no authority to correct the situation. He just said it was company protocol. Beware of their excessive fees and shop around if possible.