Hopewell Residential

Builders
Calgary AB T2S 1W3
HomeStars  >  Builders in Calgary  >  Hopewell Residential  >  Mahogany Laned - My expereince to date
db0006
db0006

Mahogany Laned - My expereince to date

Last February I placed a deposit with Hopewell on a pre construction home in Mahogany. Both Breann and Carly in the sales centre were extremely friendly and helpful, but unfortunately this where my positive experience ends.

Within a few weeks of placing my deposit, Hopewell went from telling me that the home would be ready in 7-8 months to telling me that it’s too early to know when it will be done. At first I was told that construction would start within 6-8 weeks, then it was 10-12 weeks, then 14 weeks, and now the latest is 20+ weeks. Every time the schedule slipped, I had to send multiple emails and phone calls to get a response. The lack of communication and has been incredibly frustrating. After escalating my concerns to senior management, I was finally provided with an updated possession date. They are now indicating that the house will not be finished until Feb 2022. This represents a 4-5 month delay from what they had originally told me just 3 months ago. I realize there is a lumber shortage but that does not excuse the need to manage client expectations when they place their deposit. It was well know that there was a lumber shortage when I purchased the home, and I was even told that prices were about to go up because of this. It’s also apparent that other builders have already started construction on lots that were offered to me when I was looking to buy. Hopewell, please understand the impact that these delays have on people’s lives and try to do a better job at managing expectations.

As a reputable builder, I’m optimistic that Hopewell will do everything they can to recover the schedule as much as possible. I will keep this review up-to-date as thing progress.

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you had a great experience with Breann and Carly, and we’re sorry to hear of your frustrations more recently. We know our team has been in contact with you, and that you are discussing the progress of your home regularly with your Customer Liaison. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns at customerexperience@hopewell.com, or by connecting with your Customer Liaison directly. Thank you again for your review.