Hopewell Residential

Hopewell Residential

Reviews for Hopewell Residential

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

great builder

Great company with amazing homes. When considering a great builder, look at Hopewell, they really know their stuff. The best neighbourhoods, best interior design and lots of great design options.

William in Kamloops
William in Kamloops
0 reviews Kamloops, BC

Mahogany Laned - MAJOR CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS LED TO MOULD

My wife and I purchased a Sabal/Hopewell home in Mahogany - Calgary in 2014. We dealt with the Hopewell through 1-year workmanship warranty with notable and inconvenient repairs throughout the home.

In late September 2018 we noticed mould on an exterior wall and engaged both Hopewell and the warranty provider. The process has been horrendous. The repairs and mould remediation have consistently taken longer than articulated, were attempted without proper permitting by the City, and have resulted in our home being uninhabitable for over a year. Hopewell has consistently pressured our family by financial and other means to accept work despite failure to follow industry established procedure and best practices to avoid further endangering our family. Our home is not currently in a state to sell or live in, despite our best efforts.

It is my opinion that a new home builder should be evaluated largely based on warranty and customer service, which extends long after the sales and construction phases. I would not recommend Hopewell for these reasons.

Kelsey and Joel Fischer in Calgary
Kelsey and Joel Fischer in Calgary

Happy Hopewell Homeowners!

I cannot begin to express how happy my husband and I are with the service we have received from everyone with Hopewell Residential, in particular, with Chalsey Bugeaud and Rachel Scott.

From the moment we walked in to the showhomes they host, we knew we were home. They both made us so comfortable and answered every single little question that came up from us as first time home builders. We both remember leaving our first appointment with Chalsey grinning ear to ear.

People have asked us if the process of building has been stressful and our answer is always a resounding NO! Everything about the process has been so easy, fast, efficient and informative.

Chalsey and Rachel are an incredible team and we feel lucky to have had the opportunity to build our first home with them and Hopewell Residential. We have already recommended them to so many of our friends, family and colleagues due to the wonderful experience we have received.

Thank you Chalsey and Rachel! We are so in love with our new home and you both played a huge part in bringing it to life!!!

Hi Kelsey and Joel,
We are so happy to hear how much you love your Hopewell home, and how easy and fun the process was! Nothing makes us more proud than receiving such wonderful feedback from our homeowners :) Thank you so much - we hope you enjoy every moment in your beautiful new home! We will pass your praise along to Chalsey and Rachel - they truly love what they do!

beachlover in Calgary
beachlover in Calgary

Excellent experience in a beautiful community!

I moved in last summer and couldn't be happier. I was given a great recommendation by the sales team for the lot that I'm currently on and didn't realize how much I'd love this location. Mahogany is beautiful overall, but this lot looks over greenspace and is close to the beach club. It was a fantastic recommendation and I appreciated the sales team understanding of my needs from the beginning. The build was fantastic with a construction supervisor who took a lot of time and extra care to ensure I knew what was happening at every point and answered all my questions.

Now that I have moved in, the service and warranty team is taking care of me. I had an issue with my dishwasher, due to a manufacturer defect, and it was fixed the very next day!

Overall I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy AGAIN in Mahogany and through Hopewell. This is my third Hopewell home and I'd certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality home in a community that couldn't possibly offer more!

Our team here at Hopewell is thrilled to hear such great feedback! We are always focused on ensuring that the the sales and home building process is as stress-free and fun possible. We are proud to have created a fantastic experience for you in Mahogany! Sounds like you've found the perfect place to call home.

Kara
Kara

New Home

We had a great experience with Hopewell from beginning to end. Our sales team was thorough, and hilarious. The construction team was on time and diligent, and the after care was the best we have had. We have built a few times, and what we now know is that every home will have little issues. It is all about how that is dealt with that makes the experience a positive one. Highly recommend!

Thank you Kara! we are thrilled that you are living happy in your Hopewell Home. Thank you for taking the time to share your review

Jason in Calgary
Jason in Calgary

Condo in Sandgate

We purchased our first condo in Sandgate and from the time we walked through the door we know we chose the right builder. The sales staff were extremely knowledgeable on the product, the process and the over all construction. it was seamless!
The possession process was so GREAT! The Site Supervisor met us at the front door and was really excited to show us around the building not leaving out one detail. Wow! who does that anymore?
Our suite was immaculate and we did not have any deficiencies. It was Perfect! The move in process was so easy. Having two elevators was a great idea added in this building. Having the gym in our building is fantastic, saved us money on a membership too. The lake club is within walking distance and we go there almost every weekend to meet new people and just hang out on the beach. We even have a lending Library. Not one detail was left unturned. The suite numbers for each unit were well appointed.
Koodo's to Colin and his team on a job well done.
We can hardly wait for the other building to be finished and enjoy the Great lawn and BBQ area next spring.

I would highly recommend Hopewell as a preferred Multi-Family builder.
if I could rate them higher I would!!

Terry in Calgary
Terry in Calgary

Purchased a home

We purchased a home from Hopewell it was in the process of being built when we decided to move forward we put a $50.000 deposit that included some upgrades we had picked and hired there realtor to sell our current homes. There realtor did a horrible job at trying to sell our homes we have to make so many price changes that we would loose money on our home when all was said and done we had to let our dream house go and loose the $50.000 deposit we had paid them. Please when you purchase a home from Hopewell make sure your previous home is sold first when all this Fell apart Hopewell did not give us an ounce of help no meeting about options of any kind they took our money and resold the house for the original price plus the upgrades the made nothing but money of us ... loosing $50.000 is mental torture it’s takes most families a life time to save that much money and to just loose it like that is awful

Hi Terry – At the end of the day we rely on our home buyers to understand their financial situation when buying a new home, and can only do so much to assist with the sale of your existing home. We try and educate our buyers as to market realities, and have confidence that our realtors provide the best possible advice in terms of what your home should be reasonably priced at in order to sell. What you as a homeowner expect to sell your home for, and what the market will buy it for, can be two different things, and we’re sorry if you couldn’t sell your home for as much as you thought you might. We do our best to work with homeowners to ensure they’re making the right decisions around the listing of their homes, as well as providing as much flexibility as we can if you have difficulty. However, we cannot be held responsible when you’ve purchased a new home but have not yet sold your existing home and aren’t able to honour your Sales Agreement once your home is completed. Our ability to assist you only extends so far, and in your case it sounds like we did as much as we could. We’re sorry that you weren’t able to take possession of your new home, and we wish you all the best in future. We are always happy to continue the conversation offline should you feel so inclined. You can contact us at customerexperience@hopewell.com.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

New home build

I've put off writing this review until we've lived in our house for a few months. It's getting two stars because, for the most part, we like our house and the sales and building process was positive. Post-purchase has been a completely different customer experience than what we were primed for while building. We've had several issues go basically unaddressed until you complain about them on Twitter, and even then it took months to have some things fixed, while others are still unresolved. At this point, I think my wife and I wish we'd gone with a different builder because the experience overall has been pretty terrible.

Thank you for your feedback. We take our homeowners’ concerns seriously, and are happy to further address this with you. We take pride in the quality of our homes and of the Hopewell experience, and I’m sorry that yours has seemingly been less than ideal as you get settled in your new home. As it sounds like you are still in the warrantable phase of your homeownership I am confident that we will be able to work through your outstanding items, but we welcome any additional feedback you may have about your experience, best shared with us at customerexperience@hopewell.com. Thanks for choosing Hopewell, and we look forward to talking with you!

Dichi in Calgary
Dichi in Calgary

Buy new house

First time buyers, and this was a great experience buying from Hopewell and the awesome team from the front attached garage Chalsey and Rachel were beyond our expectations always helpful and worried about to find a perfect match for our family, we highly recommend Hopewell and their awesome staff to buy your home.

We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with us! We hope you continue to enjoy your new home!

Sushant & Anamika  in Calgary
Sushant & Anamika in Calgary

Hopewell Home Buying Experience

Kudos to Chalsey and Rachel who always offer great advices, even while selecting our upgrades. At the beginning, we were a bit stressed as this will be our first home but both Chalsey and Rachel made the process look so simple, easy and stress free for us. They took care of everything! They are also very prompt in responding to emails anytime we have questions. Thank you ladies! We really appreciate all your efforts in helping us achieving the home we wanted.

Hopewell has amazing floor plans with high standards which are reasonably priced. We did not even think of choosing another builder after comparing prices and the minimum standards they had. We knew it was going to be Hopewell!

Our site supervisor, Brent, was also very attentive and always answered our questions and explained everything as we are not construction experts! He gave great ideas of how to develop our basement in the future!

And we love our home sweet home!! We rate our overall experience with Hopewell 10/10!!! We will always recommend friends & families to Hopewell Residential.

Thank you to the Hopewell team and keep up the amazing work and service!!

Sushant & Anamika

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an awesome review! we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new home, we will be sure to pass this feedback onto our team!

More about Hopewell Residential

At Hopewell Residential, we make smart, stylish homes attainable for the modern family.

With Hopewell, you’ve found a partner that truly gets you. No one else can deliver a home that so perfectly balances your style with both your budget, and the way you want to live.

Come on in. We’re the official builder of “one visit and you’ll just know.”