Heritage Floors

Floor Laying & Refinishing
Mississauga ON L5M 5N5

Reviews for Heritage Floors

Petra in Toronto

Refinishing wood floors and dining and living rooms.

Janusz does incredible work And for his second to our home we couldnt be happier!

Thank you for the positive review.

Issac in Toronto
Issac in Toronto

Hardwood flooring and stair installation

Janusz is a seasoned process driven flooring and stairs expert. His attention to details and experience is above industry standard. I'm happy with his floor and stairs installation. If you prefer quality, I'd recommend his service to you.

Thank you for the meaningful review. It was a positive experience to work for you.

Stella in Toronto
Stella in Toronto

Thorough job, beautiful finish

We chose to work with Janusz based on his knowledge, experience and references. He lived up to his reputation. His work is thorough and detail orientated, even down to the beautiful custom wooden grates he installed to match the white maple floor. The entire look is gorgeous. Janusz worked diligently and communicated well to ensure we were always on the same page with the project. He was responsive, careful and reliable.

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was really positive experience to work for you.

Kyle
Kyle
1 review Hamilton, ON

Stairs caps & staining.

Meticulous, friendly and patient. Well priced. Communicated before advancing. Went over & above, so the entire staircase looked great. Excellent job! Hire this man.

Thank you for the great review.

Petra in Toronto

House reno - floor sanding and re-finishing

Janusz is a pure craftsman - he came highly recommended by our General Contractor and we were not disappointed - meticulous in his approach, methods and finishing. The finished product is just pure craftsmanship

Thank you for the great and detailed review. Janusz

0 reviews Burlington, ON

Stair Remodel

My old basement stairs needed a change. Janusz from Heritage Floors was able to take my dated basement stairs with ugly carpet and multiple layers of paint on them and turn them into a piece of art! New extended oak treads and railing stained to match my hardwood perfectly. Gorgeous white stringers and risers which now look brand new. Janusz uses some really amazing methods which I've never seen before and the outcome of his work is truly amazing. You will really appreciate his attention to detail and many years of experience. I HIGHLY recommend Heritage Floors. They were great to deal with and the finished product is beautiful! Definitely exceeding my expectations!

Thank you for the great review.

Susan
Susan
1 review Burlington, ON

Hardwood Refinishing - What a transformation!

I can't say enough about this company! Janusz worked magic in my home. My old dated 1960's hardwood now looks brand new and contemporary. Janusz is a true craftsman who works extremely hard and pays attention to every detail. He is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Janusz even worked with us to complete the job in 2 stages so we could move furnishings from one end of the house to the other. The first half was completed today (Living/Dining & Office) including the baseboard trim and I can't wait to see the transformation of the other half of my home next week (Bedrooms and Hall). I highly recommend Heritage Floors. I obtained several quotes. Heritage Floors was not the least expensive but after meeting with Janusz, he was well worth it for the price. Call Janusz for a quote. You won't be disappointed!
UPDATE: With the second stage now complete, I am absolutely thrilled with my floors. My floors and trim look so contemporary now and I have received several complements. Janusz really went over and above. Even the smallest details were important and he made sure that I was happy with the finished product. Overall, a great experience.

Thank you for the great review.It is really rewarding to work for such thoughtful and appreciative customer.

Glenn a.
Glenn a.
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Hardwood flooring in our kitchen and baseboard install on first floor

Contacted Heritage floors and Janusz came out to quote the job. Janusz spent 4 full days installing the floor and baseboards and we could not be happier with the work. He is a very meticulous individual who works extremely hard to complete the job with perfection. A very personable person to work with and is punctual with his work. I would definitely have him back to do work in the future.

I really appreciate the review. It was great to work for you!Thank you for choosing me to do the demanding task of staggered joining newly installed hardwood floor with previously installed floor in the void after removal of ceramic tiles.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Hardwood Floor and Stair Renovation

A true craftsman that knows what he is doing. Actually, he was brought in to fix the mess created by other company.

Thank you for the few good words about me and my craftsmanship...I wish you all the best...

Colleen
Colleen
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Approx. 800 sq feet. Entire second floor which includes 3 Bedrooms, 3 Closets, Hallway and Linen Closet. Installation of 6

We received 4 quotes for this project. Janusz from Heritage Floors quote was the second highest in terms on cost, however we went with his based on the detail in his quote, expectation of work was well laid out, no hidden extra add on costs and explanation of his procedure. The project ended up taking twice as long as I had expected (2 weeks in total) but his meticulous installation was worth it. He did exactly the technique/procedure as discussed which took much longer as he works alone. The floors look outstanding and we are very pleased with the end result. My only regret was having the wood cutting done in the house due to temperatures being too cold to cut outside and the 2 flights of stairs which was a non-negotiable with Janusz. Reluctantly I agreed but instantly regretted as the wood dust was tracked throughout the entire house and regardless of how hard we tried to contain the fine wood dust, it was on every single surface of the house on every floor and we are still cleaning weeks after the fact. Perhaps if no other option but cutting inside your home, I would recommend waiting for appropriate weather for cutting outside to tackle this type of project. I would recommend Janusz and his services as he did a fantastic job. Be clear about your expectations about how you want the job done, he is open to communication and meeting the clients expectations.

Thank you for your meaningful and detailed review. It has been an positive experience for me to work for you.

More about Heritage Floors

Janusz Owsicki is the founder and owner of Heritage Floors. He has been providing fine hardwood floors and resurfacing stairs, quality craftsmanship and exceptional service to his customers for over 25 years, taking great pride in helping to fulfill their decorating and renovating dreams. From simple to most complex designs, your hardwood floor and stairs will become a piece of art.