Calgary AB T2X 3W2

Reviews for KAEDE Home Renovation

Bernadine
Bernadine

Bathroom renovation

He did a total bathroom renovation for us. Koji is great to work with and communicates well. I appreciated his work ethic, coming to the job site every day when he said he would be there, and getting the job done within time estimate. The work was excellent, we are very happy with it.

Hi Bernadine.
Thank you very much for great review!
I really enjoyed work for your bathroom.

colleen
colleen

Windows and drywall

Koji does superb work. Timely, clean and amazing finishing. He has become my go to guy - fence, deck, kitchen, bathroom are the next jobs I am hiring him for.

Hi Colleen. Thank you for great review!
I'm looking forward to working your next project!

Michael
Michael

New Fence

My neighbour and I needed a short 45 ft fence in the side-yard between our homes . We wanted it to be aesthetically pleasing and in had to match an existing fence. Koji was very responsive to our needs and built a beautiful cedar fence. Excellent design and craftsmanship at a fair price and on time.

Hi Mike. Thank you very much for great review.
It was pleasure to work with you!

maryannmcmanus
maryannmcmanus

Main Floor Bathroom Renovation

Koji does exceptional work, above and beyond! So very talented and capable. Very happy with the overall project. Beautiful !

Thank you for kind words!

bettyann13
bettyann13

Total Condo renovation

403-667-1452
Calgary
AB
T2X 3W2

I was very pleased with the quality and value of the work done by Koji from Kaede Renovation. The project was on time and on budget. Koji was very accommodating and professional throughout the project. I would, and I have recommended his services to others.

Thank you so much for great review Betty!

Gail W.
Gail W.

Koji did a complete ensuite bathroom renovation and resurfaced our fireplace.

We were so pleased with the finished project. We ended up having to go out of town half way thru the renovation of our ensuite bathroom. Koji kept in touch via phone and sent us pictures with any questions he had, and we were just delighted to come home to a completed project. He did an excellent job but what was also very impressive is how clean he kept the job site. He used plastic and mats to protect my floors and carpets wherever possible, vacumned every day, and made sure his tools where put away very neatly at the end of every day. He was a joy to work with and was very helpful and knowledgeable when I didn't know what might be the right decision. He went out of his way to make sure I received everything I asked for. Afterwards there was one really minor issue with a tiny leak around the shower enclosure so I called to let him know, and he came over that day to fix it. Haven't had any issues since. We brought him in to do another job for us the next year. We wanted him to remove the raised hearth on our fireplace, and remove the old ceramic tile face and replace it with ledger stone. He did a fantastic job. I'd also like to add that in both renovations Koji rebuilt each project using the right materials that are to the proper code, which wasn't the case when we took walls down. Like in the bathroom.....when we tore the walls of the shower out we noticed that the builder had cheaped out using regular drywall instead of waterproof board. Koji made sure he rebuilt it using proper materials. Same with the fireplace..... he made sure he used fireproof board. We couldn't be happier with the work he did on both projects and definitely won't hesitate to call him in the future. I absolutely recommend him to everyone.

Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure to work for you!!

jeniamf
jeniamf

Ensuite Bathroom Renovation

Koji was great to work with. He was consistently at my home for 7 to 8 hours a day for the duration of the renovation and was actually quicker than his 3 week timeline (about 2.5 weeks). I was blown away by the process he made each day and how great it looked. I felt very comfortable with him in my house and he was always extremely professional. He made sure to clean up his space after each day and put down protective plastic or canvas on the floors to make sure nothing was damaged. He was very flexible on what we wanted - some things we installed ourselves to save costs. We were very impressed with his installation quotes. They were very decently priced without being outrageous like a bunch of other bathroom contractors we found (and we got a lot of estimates). I was able to do the research and buy the materials I wanted to keep the costs down. I highly recommend him - he's a great guy who just wants the opportunity to work hard and I will absolutely be using him in the future to do any renovation we need. I feel lucky I found such an awesome contractor.

Hi Jenn.
Thanks for the great feed back!
it was a pleasure to work for you!

More about KAEDE Home Renovation

The company is owned and operated by Koji Shimada, who for several years was a project manager for a large custom home and addition construction company, some years ago he decided to move to the next level of his career and start his own company.

​KAEDE HOME RENOVATION has been operating since 2013 focusing on quality workmanship and reliability. Our goal is to expand the company, moving into the new construction housing market, while continuing to offer all other carpentry services.

Koji is a Red Seal (Inter-provincial Certified) Journeyman Carpenter with over 10 years experience in commercial and residential renovations and new construction. He has a wide range of experience and knowledge from custom built homes to renovations.

We also provide complete general contracting services.
Our of all connections to subcontractors can provide professional services to complete large size projects.

Service area ; Calgary, Airdrie, Okotoks, High River, Black Diamond, Cochrane.