Cosy Insulation & Roofing

46 Riel Dr, St.Albert AB T8N 3Z8
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Saint Albert  >  Cosy Insulation & Roofing
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Cosy Insulation & Roofing

Molly and Corey in Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Our experience with Cosy Insulation was sadly beyond unpleasant. In short, Cosy Insulation was unprofessional and failed to take ownership when problems arise. The lack of integrity and accountability displayed by this business is simply outrageous.

We chose Cosy Insulation based on the great reviews we saw on websites for a seemly straightforward insulation job. We had just sold our old house, and as part of the sales contract, we needed to top up a section of the ceilings that appears to be missing insulation.

Mike was our point of contact. During our initial phone discussion, we advised Mike that we needed the ceiling above the living room area topped up to industry standard and that the area needs insulation is around 12ft by 12ft.

We were unable to be present during the time when the crew came in to complete the work; although our contact info was provided to Mike so that we can be informed of the progress made. Crew members did not reach out to us to provide any updates. And when we called for an update, we were advised that the crew had “located the area easily” and that they had completed the work. We (natively) took Cosy Insulation’s word for it and paid the invoice in full and on time.

So you could imagine our shock on the evening before our set closing date, as the buyer was doing the final walkthrough with his home inspector, that we were informed that NOTHING was done to the area that should have been topped up.

Frantic, we reached out to Mike with buyer’s home inspector to figure out what went wrong. Rather than offering any solutions, Mike immediately shifted the blame to us; stating that we “gave him no direction” for the job. So all of the sudden, our “clear-cut attic space” is now confusing, and the “insulate 12ft by 12ft space above the ONLY living room in the house” is no longer a valid direction for the job. Mike was condescending toward buyer’s home inspector and us throughout the call and shut down the home inspector when the home inspector tries to offer feasible resolutions.

It was also during this call that we found out (from the buyer’s home inspector) that the space we needed to insulate is behind a piece of plywood. After getting over our initial displeasure and in light of this new information, we decided to give Cosy Insulation a second chance. We even went as far as agreeing to pay Mike extra $700 to complete the job- a job technically we had already paid for.

Given our experience with Cosy Insulation thus far; however, we thought it would be necessary to put the verbally agreed terms in writing, and we did. The email we sent consisted three points:

1. The detail of the job accompanied by photos and inspection report

2. The cost for completing the job as advised by Mike

3. The insulation job needed to be verified by the buyer and buyer’s inspector to ensure satisfactory results before we are to pay for the service provided.

As you can see, what was listed in the email as requirements are not unreasonable demands, any reputable company would have had no problem to comply (the new insulation company we hired certainly had no problem at all complying), but Mike had a problem with it. All of the sudden, he can make no promises and can no longer perform the work. Mike also refused to provide any further assistance or resolutions to our complaints from this point on.

Furthermore, looking back at our home security footage, the time stamp shows the crew arrived at our home at 8:21 am, but did not start carrying tools into the house until 8:46 am and left our house by 9:04 am. In our opinion and the opinions of other professionals, this short of a time is simply not sufficient to properly inspect a job site nor to complete satisfactory insulation work.

Cosy Insulation caused us a significant amount stress and unnecessary financial obligations, as well as greatly inconvenienced our buyer. While we are very disappointed with how they handled our insulation work, we are more disturbed by how we were treated when we voiced our concerns in regards to the deficiency in their work.

If you have had your work done by Cosy before, we recommend you to double check the work that was completed. If you are having Cosy coming this weekend to work on your insulation, I hope you’d watch them like a hawk so that they would actually perform. Finally, if you are about to hire them, DON’T! If you must, make sure you have everything in writing, so that you won’t have to go through what we just went through with them.

Interceptor103  in
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Stephen is the man. He inspected the roof under very cold and windy conditions. He took photos was articulate and ecommee d xplained the best course of action. The roof was wet but was on time for a break in the weather. He knows weather systems and what other tradesmen expect. On time on budget Great work. Ye

Quinn Cadman in Toronto
1 review St. Albert, AB

I'm happy to provide a recommendation for Cosy Insulation & Roofing (Cosy). I first hired Cosy to insulate my house and garage last summer. Their manager Mike even went out of his way to find a drywaller to install drywall in my garage. I was so impressed with Cosy, their work, and their employees that it was an easy decision for me to hire them again to replace my roof shingles this summer. Mike did a great job recommending shingles that went well with other colour tones on my house.

I haven't experienced any problems with any of these projects. I haven't had any surprises in the cost of completion, the scope of the work, or the finished product. The projects have always been completed on a timely basis.

Cosy performs quality work and stands by their work; they have good supervision who have in-depth knowledge of construction work. Cosy employees perform quality, professional work, and are pleasant to deal with.

I have no hesitation in using Cosy again and recommending them to others.

Tamara from Highlands in
1 review Edmonton, AB

Cozy Insulation has done both my attic insulation and replacement of my house and garage roof, plus have repaired my old chimney. They are extremely professional, do what they say they are going to do, never had to call them to find out when they were coming, they always called in advance. All employees did spectacular work and I have never had the pleasure of having a contractor be so honest, trustworthy, reliable and superior installation and outcome. I will post pictures shortly, HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. Tamara

Barbara Burton from St. Albert
2 reviews St. Albert, AB

I can't say enough good things about this company. SO prompt with the quote and then the installation. When they left the yard was so clean, I wouldn't have known they'd even been there-except for my beautiful new roof!! They patiently explained roof capping, and venting of cathedral roofs, and answered all my questions without making me feel stupid for asking. I will be using them next year for my eaves troughing and soffit project. All companies should strive to operate like this one.

1 review Spruce Grove, AB

We recently decided to upgrade our shingles to architectural rather than asphalt,so got 4 estimates. We liked Mike right away and decided to give the job to cosy.It is a very difficult roof but Mike assured us there would be nothing to worry about.The materials all got delivered on wed. afternoon and the roofers got to work on it bright and early thursday morning.They worked hard for three full days, all the while being pleasant and professional. They put in extra time on saturday to finish because rain was forecast on sunday.My wife and i really appreciated there cleanliness as well as there work ethic. The job was done on time and on budget.We love our new roof and the only reason i'm giving them 10 stars is because there isn't an 11th.Thanks Mike!!

Rae in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

We live in an older home in a neighborhood that has tons of old trees. We needed to have the roof re-shingled as we had developed a strange leak in the porch. Mike (owner) made sure all of our questions were answered and we had all our options before getting us the quote. When the crew showed up to do the work they made sure to plan everything out carefully so no damage occurred to the flower/vegetable gardens. also they cleaned up so well that we had no concerns for letting our dog out at the end of the day. The work was so good and well done our neighbors got their roof done right after ours by Mike and his crew.

Corinne in Leduc
1 review Leduc, AB

Our house is over 40 years old and needed insulation in house and garage attics upgraded to R50. Cosy Insulation workers were awesome. Right from getting a quote to completing the job it was a great experience. Mike (the owner, I believe) completed the quote in a very short time and we paid exactly what was quoted (no hidden costs). The workers were on time, very professional and respectful, answered all our questions, caused very little disturbance or mess and what mess there was they cleaned up before they left. They were even friendly with my sometimes annoying dog.

More about Cosy Insulation & Roofing

Cosy Insulation & Roofing "Attic & Roofing Specialists" Serving Edmonton & Red Deer Attic Insulation, Shingles, Re-Roofing, Attic Insulation Removal Visit us at : http: / / www. cosy-insulation. com/ Contact us for a free estimate: Phone (780) 460-2433 Edmonton & Area Phone (403) 872-6433 Red Deer & Area We ...