Happy Home Services

HomeStars  >  Chimney Sweeps in Hill  >  Happy Home Services

Reviews for Happy Home Services

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

Got over-charged

Kevin and Shawn came to my house and did service as of
#1.Vents cleaning
#2. Water tank inspection
#3. PRV replacement
#4. Strip clean for inner heat exchange, socket up adjustment for furnace

They charged me $1950 for those about two hours work

We never over charge we go by industry prices and of course things and labour's have increased over the years sorry can't help

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

furnace service and duct cleaning

DON'T EVER USE THESE GUYS -THEY ARE DISHONEST !
Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying a Groupon for a cleaning/servicing and they sold me parts I didn't need at EXORBITANT pricing (over 800% mark up on parts I didn't even need!). They pray on vulnerable unsuspecting people they can take advantage of.
THE WORST !!

I would appreciate if you could call us to discuss the additional charges .thank you .

Private User reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

Furnace and duct cleaning

I purchased the furnace and duct cleaning groupon. I was a bit skeptical when I booked the appointment but Shawn arrived on time. They were thorough with duct cleaning and the furnace inspection/ cleaning.

Simon in North Vancouver
Simon in North Vancouver
0 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Bad furnace inspection and cleaning

I called Happy Home Services to ask questions about a groupon for a complete furnace inspection and service, and Shawn told me to not book through them and he would honour the $69 full furnace cleaning price.

After less than a minute, Shawn told me I needed $349 in repairs and cleaning that was extra on top of the groupon cleaning. This is after I had to insist to him that I thought my furnace should still be under warranty which he said it was not. Only after I insisted we call the manufacturer together and they confirmed that parts are warrantied (he should have known this as it is a standard furnace warranty of 10 years that all Lennox furnaces have) that he said I wouldn't need to pay for parts.

After returning with a replacement for a "broken" part, within 5 minutes of unscrewing the four screws that held the part in place, he said I would additional repairs and labour at additional labour cost. He also took all the screws with him leaving me without the ability to use the furnace without him. He also told me it was the original installer's fault that he would have to fix, and told me they were a really bad company when I said to him that I would call them if it was their fault.

I also asked him to do the service cleaning that I had originally called him for which he said there was no point and he would do it after he fixed everything. I originally paid him $60 for his service call, but I am currently disputing that charge as I did not receive any service and he charged for something he did not do.

After I had two reputable plumbers agree, and one who showed me that the "broken" part was not actually broken, I realized that Shawn was dishonest with me. My furnace is quoted to be repaired and actually properly serviced for a quarter of the price that Shawn had last told me - which I'm sure would have increased by the time he was done.

Read the yelp reviews as there are others who experienced the same thing that I did. Do not use them, Shawn, Javid Atmani (I believe this is Shawn's real name) or Happy Home Services (I believe Shawn is a single owner operator and there are no other reputable plumbers in the company, as it is just him).

Well I spend time on it and if the original installer provide free repair go ahead but I need to get paid for my service call out that did it 2 trios and got the part

Agir in Coquitlam
Agir in Coquitlam
0 reviews Greater Vancouver, BC

Fireplace

Called Happy home services to fix my fireplace the technician had the part and fixed it same day I have been using it all christmass and now thx , great company

devo from Vancouver
devo from Vancouver
6 reviews Vancouver, BC

chimney sweep and furnace duct cleaning

Happy Home Services
Coquitlam
BC
V3B 0A7

We originally booked this company to seep the chimney. He arrived on time and got straight to the task. He asked us if we needed our furnace ducts cleaned and asked for an inspection. We realized we hadn't done tis is ~ 5 years with a kitchen renovation, so we went ahead. He was very professional and cleaned it all. In the end we felt that the $250 we spent on both of these was well spent and with a company that felt good to work with.