Strongarm Drywall

2846 Chinook Winds Drive SW
Airdrie
AB
T4B 0N4

I had a crack in my drywall that needed to be filled asap. Due to the great reviews on Homestar - I went with Strongarm. Unfortunately, my overall experience was poor. The repair was patchy, you could see where the drywall compound was added to the wall and not sanded down properly, with lots of air pockets. (See photos) Due to the urgency of the repair work to be done, I left the wall as is. However, a month later, the same crack reappeared in the same place. (See photos) I had another contractor look at the work and was told the work was done poorly - it had looked like a homeowner attempted to patch the wall. I reached out to Strongarm, but their suggestion was to send another service tech to patch it up again, adding more studs, etc for free. (the Strongarm service tech told us he works on multiple homes for long shifts - so probably did not really care of the workmanship) It was concerning to me because I had already seen the work that was done initially. I decided that it was not worth my time, effort and money to go back and forth, in hopes of having the wall fixed properly and repainted, due to time constraints. I paid to get another contractor who went to assess the crack and provided an alternative solution to fix the crack - with a much more professional finish.

Unfortunately- Strongarm is also attempting to have my negative review removed by stating that I did not pay them, however I did, and on time. Just not too sure if it is why their rating is so high, as they try to remove any negative comments.

This review is meant to give an honest feedback of the professional service that a homeowner should expect when paying for work to be completed in a timely and professional manner.

Hi Sarah,

I apologize for the service that was provided. When we had initially spoke, we had mentioned the crack could have been due to a number of things (ie settling, loose board etc.) and we had decided to start by seeing if it was a settling issue. After that work was complete, we asked to come back for touch ups after priming, as the prime pulls out the dust and we can repair all deficiencies at once, and due to your time restraint you said it was no problem and needed to continue painting. That seemed to have not been the case as the crack came back, so we offered to come back free of charge as we do warranty our work, we were not provided the opportunity to correct this issue for you as we would have had no problem coming back, we always strive to provide a above and beyond service as you can see from our previous reviews. We don't find this review to be fair if we were not afforded the ability to correct the issue.

cornfedpig in Calgary
cornfedpig in Calgary

Ceiling Repair

Darrian and Cheyanne were very easy to deal with, and it was super easy to set up the appointments for them to come and complete the work. As with all drywall, it took three visits to complete the repair, and they were here each time when they said they would be.

Event hough my job was small they responded right away and were enthusiastic to get the job started. Sometimes when you have a small job it falls through the cracks, but Strongarm treated me like their most important client which I greatly appreciated.

They work done was excellent. You can't even tell that a repair was done. There are absolutely no seams that are visible, and once it's painted it will look great.

I'll definitely be calling Strongarm again when I need more drywall work done. I really admire the pride they take in their work and how they really wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the job they did.

Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure working with you.
If you have any drywall repairs that we can help you with in the future, we would be glad to help!

TNTremoval
TNTremoval

Garage

Great work by the Strongarm team! More than satisfied with the whole process and final outcome of the finished product. Great service. Highly recommended to anyone needing drywall services. Thanks guys !

Thank you so much for the review! We wish you all the best in 2018 and look forward to working with you in the future!

Peter
Peter

Basement Development

Overall great work. Strongarm Drywall staff finished the job really well and always responded back to me right away. I did look for number of Drywall companies and my choice was Strongarm. I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

Thank you for the review!

Our team had a great time working on your site! Please feel free to contact us should you have any further drywall projects.

Colin
Colin
1 review Cochrane, AB

Basement Renovation

I was thoroughly impress with Strongarm Drywall. From our first meeting where Darrian and Chaylene visited our house for estimate till the last final touch-ups. I think the thing that sets Strong Arm ahead of the competition is their strong commitment to communication and customer service. Everyday of the job, I knew exactly where we were in the process and what was happening next. Our family was really happy with the great job they did of mudding, taping and sanding our basement - as well as the fantastic ceiling knockdown. I would recommend Strong Arm for your next project; big or small. Thank you very much!

Thank you so much for the review!
We're very happy to hear you are satisfied with our work. We wish you all the best with the remainder of 2017 and a greater 2018! Should you have further drywall projects we are only a phone call away!

Trevor
Trevor

Basement development

I boarded the basement myself and had Darrien from Strongarm Drywall come in and do my missing, taping and stipple ceiling for me. Was very happy with the service right from the beginning! Very professional! Felt comfortable leaving him a key to come and go as he needed and it was all finished in an exceptional timely manner! The finished product is better than what I was hoping for! I will definitely be recommending Strongarm drywall to whomever I know is searching for the services they offer!

Thank you so much for the review Trevor!

It was a pleasure working with you, and we wish you and your wife all the best with the expansion of your home!

Matt
Matt

Ceiling Repair

We had a leak that left a 5 foot water stain on the ceiling in our kitchen. Darrian from Strongarm was quick with a quote and was able to start the next day. The work went quicker then estimated and now our ceiling looks better than new. I would highly recommend Strongarm for any drywall or texturing work!

Thank you so much for the review Matt!

We are very happy we have exceeded your expectations with the timeline of the project!

It was a pleasure working with you, and we wish you all the best in the future!

Chris
Chris

Basement Development

Competitively priced, and communication top notch. Always knew where they were and what stage they were at.

More importantly done by two great people (Darian and Cheyanne) they were great to deal with. Thanks for the gift again.(she came Saturday night)

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for the review!
We're so happy to have been a part of the Reno!

Congratulations on the addition!

Best wishes from our family to yours.

giselle
giselle

Drywall

Incredible people to work with. 5 Stars all the way.
They are professional, on time, affordable and most importantly the quality of work exceptional!

Thank you very much for the review!

Please feel free to contact us for any further renovations!

Sean from Calgary
Sean from Calgary

Basement renovation

Fantastic from start to finish. I had a weird schedule and they were more then accommodating to work around the days and times that I could make work. In regards to the quote, it was quick and accurate and very reasonable. Even though my job took far longer them expected the final amount was exactly as quoted.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to call them back this summer for a few other small projects that will be happening.

Homestars for the win and thanks again Strongarm!

Thank you very much for the review! It was our pleasure working with you and the needs of your schedule.

Please feel free to contact for any future drywall projects!

More about Strongarm Drywall

Hello, and thank you for visiting our Homestars Profile. We would like to take a moment to thank ALL of our clients, Past and future. 2017 has been a year of exponential growth for us here at Strongarm Drywall and we owe all of that to our amazing client base ...
Looking for Drywall Contractors pros in Calgary?