Provincial Movers

Phil in
Phil in
1 review Kamloops, BC

Move from BC to Alberta

We used this company, based in Ontario, to move from BC to Alberta.
We booked this company for a move on Sept 30th and paid our $100.00 deposit. On Sept 28th I called to confirm the day and time and was told that it was too early to confirm, but yes we were scheduled for the 30th and that they would call on the 29th to give us a time.
No call on the 29th was ever received, so on the morning of the move I called and was given the name of the driver who was to be moving our goods. He said that he was in Saskatchewan, heading to Calgary, and there was no way he could be in Kamloops for our move. I called the moving company again and explained this to the lady on the phone and was told "why are you getting mad at me?" She then had the manager call and tell us that the pick up originally scheduled was a 'no go' for that day, but they would send a truck tomorrow at 8am.
8:00 am came and went....finally at 3:30pm the movers arrived. The 2 men who moved us were pleasant.They were from another moving company. He explained that Provincial was not able to complete the move so the contract was sold to Mid West movers.
I would not recommend Provincial, based out Ontario, for your moving needs. Please beware! I am not sure what is up with this company, but customer service is not their priority.

Faruq in Richmond Hill
Faruq in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Great job,

The young men that arrived to help us with our move were fantastic. They worked extremely hard and deserve every penny they are paid. They even went over and above. At the end of the day on a Friday when they were extremely tired they re-positioned the television for us. They were extremely courteous and very pleasant people. What a fantastic team!

zainab in Ottawa
zainab in Ottawa

moving

2 young men showed up on time, very pleasant and friendly. I lived on the third floor with no elevator and had some really heavy furniture. These guys worked constantly without taking a break. Both were extremely pleasant and friendly. Neither of them ever complained! I would highly recommend this company! Great communication as well!

sanjia in Toronto
sanjia in Toronto

Moving to Vancouver

this is pur third move with provincial movers and each time we have been very pleased with the service provided. The men arrive in uniform this time( i see their improvement) and are professional and courteous in their duties. I know we could probably get to vancouver sooner with other companies but i dont want to pay double the price just for a couple days sooner service. Everytime i move i got more discounted price from them. These guys are awesome

Brian in Stoney Creek
Brian in Stoney Creek
1 review Hamilton, ON

Over Promise, Under Deliver

Moving to another province is stressful enough and you plan your move around your movers. Provincial Movers quoted, in writing, the move should take 7-10 days to ship from Calgary Alberta to Hamilton Ontario. We received most of our items on day 25 and the last of our items on day 30. We never received any correspondence claiming there was a breakdown with the truck, poor weather or any other reason listed on their contract to remove any delay from their responsibility. No one from the company calls you until they know your items will be delivered the next day. In other words, you may think your items are being delivered tomorrow but, you may not actually see you items for another week or two and the onus is on you to call them, if not, you'll be sitting in your empty home wondering what is going on! I did inquire about some financial compensation due to the excessive delay in receiving our furniture to which they responded "we don't make enough profit to compensate you". Always inquire as to the weight they are billing you for...Provincial was going to charge me for a total weight of 7990 pounds, when I asked for a re-scale, the weight total was now 5460 pounds. That's in excess of 2500 pounds that Provincial would have billed me. Your furniture won't be unloaded until you pay upfront and that's also when you start to see the damage such as, shelf units broken into multiple pieces, glassware rattling in boxes marked fragile, and your precious motorcycle, shipped separately to avoid damaging the bike, laying on its side when the driver lifts the trucks back door. My bike now has scratches on the side case as well as a broken highway peg. Although these damages can be repaired or replaced it is just the type of poor customer service you should expect from Provincial Movers.
In my opinion, never ever use this company for your planned move and especially if moving another province.

First of all we are Provincial Moving and Storage, based out of Edmonton Alberta. The company this customer used is Provincial Movers out of Mississauga or Somewhere in the GTA. An entirely different Company, we never moved this Customer first of all.

Secondly the customer goes on and on about "Onus", this may sound rude but at the busiest time of the moving year working 18 hour days, I don't want to be responding to bogus reviews. The "onus" should be on the customer to ensure that he is reviewing the right moving company. This review could have potentially cost me tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Even Homestars could to more to filter this review (IE verify addresses, email exchanges, require receipts).

Again when your reviewing a company, you called them the areacode was obviously not an Edmonton number, if you paid by CC, again call them they will tell you that the charges went to company in the GTA not EDMONTON. If you paid cash or even got an online quote, the company address should be on the receipt or quote if its not do you really expect them to be a reputable business.

Other customers (dozens) have called us in the last couple weeks asking about when there stuff is going to be delivered we tell them that they this is not the same company but this is only the second customer again out of dozens to post a review on the wrong business.

They charge really different

I am really unsatisfied with their services. There are a lot of hidden charges for them that they will charge you for. They put you in a position that you can not complain and you have to pay.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Moving Service

Worst moving company in Canada...Please avoid. Said they would have my items moved in 7-10 days, instead it takes 3 x as long. Nobody contacts you, there is never a manager to speak with. They give you the run around and continuously fib about whats happening. They will try to charge you double from what you are quoted. The only way you find out what is actually going on is calling the third party driver, who is equally as frustrated. Please whatever you do, save yourself the hassle and do not use Provincial Movers or any of their affiliated companies.