Vivint Calgary

HomeStars  >  Home Automation in Calgary  >  Vivint Calgary

Reviews for Vivint Calgary

Private User reviews Cochrane, AB

Go with someone else...

High pressure sales right off the bat. Be careful because they will sign you up for as much as they possibly can.
Our cameras and sensors disconnect constantly and your only option to fix it is on your own over the phone. To get a tech out is an additional 50 dollar fee (every time. which will be often).
Our panel has stopped letting me into any of the settings and they want me to take the panel off the wall and take it all apart myself to reset it. If you arent comfortable troubleshooting or taking apart electronics DEFINITELY avoid this company.
You own the equipment after you sign that contract and they are sure to remind you of that when it breaks. "Its your equipment were fixing here" implying they are doing you a favour even being on the phone with you.

I dont know if other companies are any better but i sure hope so.
I would not recommend Vivint to anyone. Ever.

Jordan in Toronto
Jordan in Toronto

Pushy, aggressive door to door sales

A vivint representative came to my door at 6pm on a Friday night as my wife and I were having dinner. As we were talking at the front door he asked about my current system and was trying to compare his service to mine. I was unsure about some of the qualities of my control panel so he came in and we both looked at it and he explained the differences, I then told him I had already spoken with a sales rep from Vivint and said I spoke to the manager and recieved a quote of $80 a month. He proceeeded to tell me they all say that and it wasnt the manager and he was going to do way better and give me a deal I couldnt say no to, then this is when everything went downhill. I reminded him again I'm in the middle of dinner so he, without asking walked over and sat down at my dinner table and proceeded to sell me his service. going through piece by piece, video after video I kept telling him I'm in the middle of dinner and I'm unemployed. At the 45 minute mark my patience was used up and his final price was, go figure $80 a month, no different than my previous quote and I was locked into a 5 year contract paying off the devices. I was only allowed the deal today and this was no longer available if he left. I told him respectfully over and over I am unemployed, I will take his card and contact him when I'm ready and able to upgrade my system. He then got more aggressive and kept stating that my neighbors would go for the offer so he wouldn't leave his card, it wasn't in his interest and I'm losing out on the deal for good. I lost 45 minutes of my time,went back to a cold dinner and an angry wife that this man was sitting at my dinner table uninvited and was shocked at how rude and pushy he was. First of all nobody in their right mind is to take sales deal at the door, the pushier the salesperson is the more you need to back away and if they aren't willing to give you a night to think about it they are not worth your time. I was thinking of upgrading to Vivint but now I wont at all and will tell everyone else the same.

AWDL in Calgary
AWDL in Calgary

Brutal

Brutal. We pay a premium for Vivint’s “services” and get nothing. After Vivint installed their products, we’ve had zero support. Vivint has cancelled THREE times in a row for one service call (this is our first request for warranty service) and we’re still waiting for a tech. Not only have they cancelled numerous times, they also provided false information relating to their cancellations: tech is sick/ tech is on the way but is now busy elsewhere/ poor weather conditions. After these excuses, another customer service rep cited NO TECH SERVICE FOR THE AREA as the reason for multiple cancellations. Vivint installed their products and failed to follow through with any service. Vivint has rescheduled their tech for a fourth time with guarantee of service, which is laughable as they stated there is no existing technician in the area. Their consolation prize to make up for their incompetence is an offer of $15.00 credit towards our next bill. We are stuck in contract despite Vivint’s failure to provide security beyond install. Also worth mentioning, we informed Vivint that we will not renew our contract once it ends in 2019, they disputed and told us we were bound to contract until 2021. Fortunately for us, we have written confirmation via email correspondence WITH VIVINT that we are done with them in 2019.
Invest in family safety and security elsewhere.

Yaa in Calgary
Yaa in Calgary

Highly Disappointed!, Dont waste your money

make sure you read and understand the agreement before you sign any paperwork. I called to cancel my service only to be told i have a 60month contract with them. I was never told this when in the beginning before i signed up for this. spoke to a supposed manager who didnt offer any help. I am highly disappointed, for $61.00 a month and sensors not working, this is a total rip off and a shady in my opinion. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Cheap alarm and really bad customer service

I had The alarm for fews month and Alarm technical been to house about 30 times. There been so many issues with there alarm equipment. I call the customer service and keep telling to pay more money on the equipment or just having the technical assistance with the problems. Once I was at work and the app told me that my front door was unlocked, so I left work and check my front door and it was locked. What cheap system. One time the technical gave me wrong keys to power locks so I could get into my house. Second time the front door unlocked and there was kids in my house. There smoke alarm broke down and did work.
Cheap system I tell you .

Richard from Edmonton
Richard from Edmonton
8 reviews Edmonton, AB

Home Alarm System

These guys popped by one day after I had new windows and doors installed. I had been putting off installing an alarm system until getting the windows and doors. I just happened in my favour they showed up when that job was completed. I now have security and video feeds on my property and protection for my pets. I liked that vivent makes their own equipment and stands by their work. I also like the response time when an alarm is triggered, I accidentally set the alarm off in the garage one day and within a few minutes my phone was ringing asking if I was okay, great service. The monthly monitoring fees are at the upper end of the price range, but I get great service so remember you get what you pay for! I appreciate the fact that this company cares for my safety and security and not just worried about collecting monthly fees.

The salesman was a typical sales person a lot of fluff, some substance, the install guys were great they figured out a problem that was occurring in the video feed and now the system is great. When I tried contacting the sales rep about the issue he never returned my call or text ever and that is why I added the fluff comment.

James in Calgary
James in Calgary

alarm system

Worst customer service.

Had to call 5 separate times to cancel and get a refund. Each time I was told that cancellation had been processed..only to find out a month later they kept withdrawing money. 5 months and 5 calls to cancel..which is just ridiculous.

anna from Calgary
anna from Calgary

alarm system

We just moved. And i had booked a appointment for last sat a MONTH AGO. the tech calls my husband around noon tells him he cant make it. I call sat night to see what happened the man at rescheduling says he doesn no what happen and i cant get in until mid DECEMBER!!! I call again monday the account manager says theres no notes to why the tech couldn make it and i have to reschedule for mid DECEMBER!! AND HE CANT LOCATE THE TECH TO FIND OUT WHY HE COULDN MAKE IT TO MY HOUSE. WHAT!!! is it a stranger coming to my house!!! So i get no phone call before my appointment to make sure its even coming and then i also get NO phone call yo reschedule. THIS COMPANY DOESNT CARE JUST A MONEY GRAB.Where is the customer service here and loyalty. I transfered my system which means i left a system at the old house. Which gave them a new customer. The "account manager" wont credit me my money or my cancelation fee which i pay for a system i dont have!!! Yeah thats right!!! Oh and they tried to guilt trip me by saying oh if we come at a early date well have to get someone over time. Well you didn show up the first time!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!! GO SOMEWHERE YOU TRUST THAT CAN WATCH YOUR HOUSE!!!

Geneva Claesson from Calgary
Geneva Claesson from Calgary

Home automation package

We're very happy with the new home automation system installed by Vivint. The installer was very knowledgeable about the product and services available. The system is user-friendly and is helping us keep our home energy efficient. The only issues we've come across are some scheduling challenges (e.g., one sales person confirmed the install date, and they missed it due to a error on their end), as well as some minor challenges accessing their website - both quickly rectified.