Forge Mechanical Inc

Reviews for Forge Mechanical Inc

Silvio from Oakville
Silvio from Oakville

Nest thermostat installation

Ed is extremely efficient, prompt, professional, organized and very knowledgeable. Our Nest thermostat was installed very quickly and was up and running in less than an hour. I would highly recommend Ed to family and friends.

Thank you very much Silvio. I appreciate you choosing Forge Mechanical. Cheers.

Nest Installation - addition of Common wire

Ed was fantastic - professional, courteous, punctual, and very helpful in explaining how the Nest works, and how to best maintain the Nest in combination with A/C and the furnace. He cleaned up my existing Nest installation, and added a common wire from the Nest to the furnace, to allow the Nest to operate better in extreme cold and heat. I really appreciated that he took extra time to break down how things worked, and give me some tips to help with my overall home heating & cooling. Highest recommendation and would be happy to call Ed again down the road!

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad to help.

Jude in Toronto
Jude in Toronto

Home renovation HVAC and more

Ed and company have completed several components of our home/income property renovation from new AC installation and relocation to NG lines for fire pit and barbecue to heating addition. Courteous, competent and willing to work with the schedule, I have no reservations recommending him to anyone in need of his services.

Hey Jude. Thank you for the great review.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Nest Install - multiple products

Ed was amazing. We were able to find an installation time that worked for both of us. He installed a Nest thermostat, 4 smoke detectors and the doorbell. He even had to improvise a little on the doorbell as there was not enough room with the door. All works perfectly. He gave us a good demo on how to make it all work together. Everything could not have gone any better.

Thanks for the great review Andrew. I'm glad you're happy with the nest lineup of products and my services.

Aidan in Old Toronto
Aidan in Old Toronto

Nest thermostat and doorbell

Ed and Costa very professional and knowledgeable. Service was prompt and problem free. Would definitely recommend Forge Mechanical. Used them to install the Nest thermostat as well as the Nest video doorbell.

Mike Mella in East york
Mike Mella in East york

Thermostat installation

I had problems getting my Nest thermostat working. Ed gave me a quote for the work, and was able to come over and get it going in under two hours.

Recommended!

You're welcome Mike.

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

Nest thermostat installation

Impeccable service. From the start, Forge Mechanical was punctual, polite, tidy, and extremely helpful in explaining the process and the Nest thermostat. They even pointed out another issue with my HVAC system which I'll need to eventually address. Ed and Costas were absolutely a pleasure to host and did an amazing job! I'd recommend Forge Mechanical to anyone.

Thank you Andrea.

Just installed a gas line for our new gas fireplace

Ed was right on time (a great start) and did a fantastic job installing the line in our house - while he was here he even helped to fix our squeeky furnace and also did some caulking for some work that other people did and never finished properly - highly recommend him -

Matthew Weiler from Mississauga
Matthew Weiler from Mississauga
2 reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

Nest thermostat troubleshooting/install

I called Ed on Tuesday early afternoon and he booked me for 9PM that night.
Once he got to my place, it didn't take him long to get my Nest thermostat up-and-running.
Ed's a very nice guy and seemed to know his stuff; I would highly recommend him.

Long Story
************
I purchased a new Nest thermostat on Black Friday.
Before buying it, I used the Nest online tool which verifies if the Nest thermostat is compatible with your heating/cooling unit.

Well, the problem is that my old thermostat, while digital, used batteries to power the thermostat but the Nest expects to get enough power from the heater/cooler to power the Nest.

So whenever the fan and/or heater tried to turn on, it would turn off immediately.

I called the Nest support line and after troubleshooting it with them, they offered to pay to have a technician come out and correct the issue.
I called Ed and he got my new thermostat working nicely.

He basically had to run another common wire from the heater/cooler to the thermostat which now supplies power to power the Nest.

Add NEST Thermostat and Protect Removing old EIM System

I have a NEST thermostat that needed to be installed, previous owner had a complex EIM system. Ed came by and helped me rewire my HVAC unit, removed the EIM, added my NEST in a jiffy. You can truly tell he knows his stuff when he dived in immediately to do the needful. He also helped me put in a hardwire NEST protect as requested, in addition looked at my gas fireplace. I will definitely be reaching out to Ed for future needs.

Glad to help