We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. Our aim has always been to provide our clients with the best services. We are sorry that you didn't receive the service that you expected. While the situation is not the norm for our company, we will explain what has happened through the moving process.
We did an extensive investigation to understand what has happened, and we would like to clarify a few things.
1. Client is wrong; we did scale his items after we picked them up and sent them to the client by email, for which we charged $100.
2. We did not combine scales with multiple clients, and we did not add 600-700lbs. The client's quote was provided for 1500 lbs; the actual weight was 1720 lbs, which makes it 220lbs more than expected. The reason for this is that client had more items than initially provided. Claiming that we combine numerous clients into one scale is illogical. If we did that, the scale tickets would have reached at least 10,000 lbs for this particular move.
Here is the scales information:
Empty truck: 18340 lbs.
Loaded truck: 20060 lbs.
Total: 1720 lbs.
3. Regarding the fuel surcharge, it is charged based on the weight of the shipment, and it is calculated automatically in our system. In addition, the fuel surcharge is subject to change based on the fuel price at the time of estimate vs. the actual load date of shipment. This condition is written in the estimate provided to the client, which he agreed to and signed.
For this particular move, we charged $317.86, which is not $400 as the customer claims.
4. Regarding the payment. We did not pressure the client to pay for the move. Based on our company's terms and conditions, Section 33 ''payments'', part 3, ''Payments must be made in full and at least 1 hour prior to completion of the job for local moves and prior to the delivery (24 h before the delivery) for Long distance and International moves.'' The client had long distance move and had to pay the invoice 24 h before we unload. The client read, agreed, and signed our terms and conditions before sending the deposit and booking the move.
5. It is unreasonable to claim that we added fake charges. We charged the same fees as quoted. The client's quoted amount was $1,860.42, and the final amount after we provided the discount of $131 was $1940.82. The client overpaid only by $80.40.
6. The client received a discount of $131 for being our first client of August month. The client agreed to receive the discount and didn't provide any complaints.
7. Regarding the tips, we do not pressure our customers to tip the mover; it is a mindful decision of our clients whether they want to tip them or not.
8. In addition to the client's feedback, the client hasn't provided some details. The client didn't inform our moving coordinator that the building has no loading dock at the delivery address. The items were unloaded from the main street, which led to a long carry fee of the furniture. Also, the client didn't mention the 2nd elevator in the building. We charge for each elevator we use and we added a $60 charge for the second elevator.
We have taken note of everything you wrote in this review so that our team can learn from this. We are unfortunate that your experience damaged your trust in our company. Your review will make us better serve other customers.
Hercules Moving Company