Choice Fitness Repair

Reviews for Choice Fitness Repair

Barb
Barb

Elliptical Repair

I contacted Kevin after finding his service listed on Kijiji. I generally have some hesitation in those who post their services on that platform, but after reading the positive review on Homestars, I decided to reach to him to discuss an issue I was experiencing with my NordicTrack Elliptical. I found Kevin to be very quick with his responses in our email communication. We tried to troubleshoot the problem via email and video but found a service call was necessary. Daniel came to our home and after a thorough diagnostic, was able to fix the problem with no parts necessary. The machine runs perfectly again. I have to add, I noticed in previous reviews that there is a competitor likely having people write disparaging reviews on Homestars about Choice Fitness. I can personally vouch for the level of service offered by Choice Fitness and would not hesitate to recommend them to friends or family. They are honest and reasonably priced – a trait hard to come by nowadays!

P&R
P&R

Treadmill repair

I had a bad experience with this company.

I called them right at the start of the Pandemic before businesses began to close. The owner came to my home, took a apart my treadmill, then left it in pieces with dirt everywhere. He said it was an easy fix and that the only thing wrong was it needed a new $20 part. He said he would get back to me.

Weeks go by and I hear nothing. I contacted him (which I think is odd because I don't think the customer should chase after someone who promised to get back to them). He told me that due to Covid he could not get the part but will contact me when he can. Fair enough. This pandemic requires patience. I understand that.

Months go by and still no word from him. So I contacted him again and he said he still cannot get the needed part.

I detected something suspicious about him. I felt like he was not being honest. Out of frustration I contacted a different company to look at my treadmill. I explained the whole story to the different company. I was shocked to hear that the Owner of Choice Fitness is known for doing this. The new guy even knew Choice Fitness owner by name. He said: "The part you need is easily replaceable. This is what he does, he comes to your home, takes apart your machine and you never hear from him again, go ahead! Look him up, there are lots of bad reviews that are similar to your experience". As the technician worked on my treadmill I went and looked up Choice Fitness and sure enough I found lots of similar stories like mine. I felt duped. I should have read Choice Fitness reviews before hiring him.

The technician then informed me that the owner of Choice Fitness, "Still doesn't know how to open up treadmills". He demonstrated how it's done which looked obvious. He showed me that Choice Fitness instead forces the pieces apart and sometimes breaks them. Which he did to my treadmill. He broke a part with a retail value of $200. So I have to assume that is why he never got back to me. While he may be able to fix some things, regardless....his actions are terrible business practices.

I do not recommend hiring someone who charges you money to break your treadmill then disappears. What should have cost approximately $110 ended up being over $300. Would you want to take that chance?

EDIT: In response to Choice Fitness. I find it odd that you can say certain defamatory words about me but Homestars won't let me say that about you. That is very eye opening. And why is it that the other technician was able to fix it but you were not? He even said the part is easily available. And if you reread what I wrote you will see that I contacted you TWICE. If I didn't write this I doubt I would have received a reply from you at all. And by the way, it is not me who is using Covid as a bad excuse. That is all you.

I am not sure who this or what had happened or if this is a false review from some pathetic competitor? a simple email to me could have sufficed during this pandemic. To leave a bad review during this COVID 19 is utterly despicable and tasteless. you have no idea what people go through do you?? I am not sure of the other tech you used either, but I can guess, cause I am sure I know this person and all he does is bad mouth other techs and companies. I imagine the 110 good reviews you see mean nothing. this is a service business. not everything goes as planned. especially now!!! Before you write someone off during a bad pandemic, you should know the facts. A $20 part. I am sure I would have been all over this to help you. this is a blatant lie.

EDIT: I have no clue who you are?? some companies have different suppliers. email me again if you are legitimate and I will refund your original call out. I have no issues doing that. COVID is not an excuse. it is a fact of life for alot of businesses. and I do things right. for all I know, this person did this and blamed me or the hood was already damaged when I got there? this will happen. I do not break things!!!!

Lori
Lori
0 reviews Newmarket, ON

Sole Treadmill

Kevin replaced my controller and wires on my treadmill. He was very knowledgeable and had my treadmill up and running in no time. This is my fourth controller over the past year and changing companies and technician was probably the best thing I could do. I wish I would have found Kevin sooner to save me time and money. I'm feeling a bit taken advantage of by the previous company so if you want a honest repair company contact Choice Fitness Repair.

Jess in Etobicoke
Jess in Etobicoke

Bowflex M5 Repair

I contacted Choice Fitness for repair to my M5 trainer. Kevin was very friendly in setting up my appt time. The tech, Colton, had my machine up and running again within the hour. Very prompt service, would recommend this team to everyone.

thank you so much for this wonderful review. Happy Holidays and all the best in 2020. Let us know if you ever need our help.

Sue in Richmond Hill
Sue in Richmond Hill

Sunny Health & Fitness Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike, 22 KG Flywheel

Kevin was absolutely fantastic at assembling a cycling bike that I purchased off of amazon. He answered my service call promptly, he arrived early to my house and completed the job in less then an hour. I am truly a very happy customer and will always recommend his business to anyone in search of his services. Myself and my husband are very impressed. Thank you so much Kevin and thank you for providing such excellent quality services.

Patricia in North York
Patricia in North York

Treadmill

I’m very pleased with the work Colten did and the explanations he gave me. What makes me feel even better is that he recorded all the information they need when the time comes to replace the tread belt. I know it was somewhat worn, but he told me it would last a while yet and cleaned and lubricated and tested it. I have a very simple, old-fashioned machine, but the company has made sure it keeps running.

Patricia

Treadmill and Elliptical Service

Colton was punctual with the appointment and took great care in servicing our two home gym machines. He was very thorough and made sure they were in excellent condition following his visit. Would definitely recommend.

thank you very much. Colten is a great tech.

Elliott in Toronto
Elliott in Toronto

Elliptical installation

Kevin was really professional so much so, that he worked on a similar task with my sister the following week. Colten helped me out and he was great. Both of us were really happy with the work that was done and more importantly, the elliptical works great. Thank you!

thanks so much Elliot. we do our best to please.

Jia in Milton
Jia in Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Treadmill installation

I reached out to Kevin because I needed my treadmill installed. He was prompt in responding to my inquiry and his team immediately reached out to setup the appointment. The guys are super professional and courteous and I’m very happy that I got them to help me setup my new treadmill.

thank you Jia. we try our best to help as quick as possible.

Sole Treadmill install and setup

Called Kevin to transport and install my new sole tread mill. This machine is a beast and weights over 300 lbs. Colten arrived with a helper and brought it downstairs very carefully and assembled it in less than an hour. Great service and very personable crew. They have my business going forward! Dan from Toronto

thanks so much Dan. It is nice to have a couple guys I can count on right now.

More about Choice Fitness Repair

Choice Fitness Repair is a fully licensed and fully insured small business in the Toronto area.   It is pretty simple what I do…. I repair, assemble, move and install Treadmills, Ellipticals, Home Gyms, Bikes, Steppers, Tread-climbers, Bowflex Max, and just about anything Fitness related
Looking for Electronic Repairs pros in Toronto?