Sears Parts & Service

Review for Sears Parts & Service

HonestyCounts from Calgary
HonestyCounts from Calgary

Warranty on Fridge purchase

For warranty service, Sears only hands out the phone number to LG: 1-888-542-2623. You don't need info from Sears to speak with LG so don't waste your time. I have been purchasing appliances for my home and rental properties for over 10 years. This year alone, I have purchased 3 fridges from Sears. I bought this model for my home. At first it was whisper quiet and I loved the features, then it started to get noisier, to the point that the compressor wakes me up at night. I called Sears Parts & Service and spent 10 minutes answering their questions and providing the serial number. After all that, they said I had to call LG. They would 'transfer' me (dial the 1-800 number), then I would have to go through the same process again. Sears does not respect the customer's time and uses your call to build 'their profile' of you and your purchases. LG then advised I should unplug the fridge for 10 minutes then call back if that didn't work; having had enough, I asked for an appointment. The appointment is in 5 days and is during an 8 hour window. I have the number of the sub-contractor to call, should I wish to find out if they can give me a shorter window. I prefer dealing with a company that places value on the customer experience, which Sears clearly shows they do not. So no, I do not recommend purchases that requires you to deal with Sears for warranties..