Canadian Garage Door Guys

Garage Doors & Hardware
Mississauga ON L5B 3K5
HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Mississauga  >  Canadian Garage Door Guys

Reviews for Canadian Garage Door Guys

Mona Wong in Mississauga
Mona Wong in Mississauga

Garage Doors - Honest, Professional & Reliable Contractor

When researching on the web for ideas to replace our garage doors, we decided that we wanted to replace our existing steel doors with the CHI raised panel fiberglass ones. I found Canadian Garage Door Guys on the CHI Dealer web page, and was totally satisfied with their service from start to finish. After calling and speaking to Robert on a Saturday, he came out on Sunday (the next day) to our home to discuss the job. I was impressed already that he was willing to come out on a Sunday to do this. When I asked him for his opinion regarding the CHI doors that I was interested in, he told me up front that these were higher-end doors, with a higher cost, but then proceeded to explain in quite detail what I would be getting for my money. Robert is very knowledgeable about garage doors, takes the time to explain and answer questions, and is very well organized. He does not pressure you and gives you lots of information to assist you in making your decision. He even recommended that we wait until he gets a sample of the door colour that we wanted before making a final decision. When we put in our order for the doors, Robert fully explained the timing - when he would put the order in, when he would get delivery of the doors and when he could install them; giving us various dates to choose from. He said he would call when the doors arrived and confirm the installation date and that is exactly what he did. In fact, he was even able to offer an earlier installation date! The two gentlemen who installed our doors were great – professional and tidy. They took the time to explain the importance of lubricating the springs and tracks, and even demonstrated how to do it. We are very happy that we choose the Canadian Garage Door Guys to replace our garage doors, and would definitely recommend them. You will not be disappointed!

Steve M in Mississauga
Steve M in Mississauga

Promises to call, but will not return calls nor e-mails.

The new garage door that Robert installed broke. We paid for the thermal door upgrade, the glass inserts upgrade, and he replaced the entire frame, springs, and power opener not even 5 years ago. Our last door and opener lasted 30 years and was still functioning when we replaced it.

I e-mailed Robert on the weekend, then called him last Monday. He said he received my e-mail and would call me back later that day. He did not return my call as promised. I called several more times through the week, leaving voice messages. I also sent more e-mails including my phone number on every one, in case he lost it. He has not had the courtesy to call me back, or return an e-mail, and a week has gone by. Our garage door has been stuck in a partially open state all this time. Now I must assume he has no intention of returning my calls and e-mails, so I need to find someone more professional to help us. Had he said he was too busy to help us we could have contacted someone else a week ago.

The wire on one side of the door was off the spool, and the frame is bent on the opposite side which I believe is why the door is not working. The frame has no bolts in the top holes so the top of the frame bent over towards the wall. Since I have no other choice, I will contact someone else to see if this is a proper installation.

I would not recommend him or this company simply because he does not return your calls or e-mails when you are needing his help. Is it just common courtesy.

A professional was contacted and he informed me that the door broke due to improper installation. In the photo, you can see all of the places where they did not install the required bolts and screws. We were fortunate that this unsafe installation did not injure anyone when it broke.

dave in Mississauga
dave in Mississauga
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Garage Door

A very professional job . I was looking for a specific custom look door and Robert helped me find the perfect door. The end result was excellent. Thank you Robert and the Canadian Garage Door Guys Crew!!

AL from Mississauga  in Mississauga
AL from Mississauga in Mississauga

Garage door replacement

I had the pleasure of dealing with Canadian Garage Door Guys this winter when I encountered a pecurious situation.
When leaving for work in the morning one of my garage doors was stuck and ending up breaking leaving my car stuck inside.
One of my neighbors suggested Robert's company Canadian Garage Door Guys since he was happy with the product and installation provided by them.
Robert was quick to respond and helped me get my car out of the garage. I was able to pick out a beautiful set of garage door from their selections and set a date for the installation.
I must say I couldn't be happier with the installation and service from Robert and his professional crew and would recommend them to anyone looking for garage doors with a personal touch. Thank you Robert for helping me get my car out that winter day!!

Marianne in Mississauga
Marianne in Mississauga

New CHI Accents Planks Garage Door

We were referred to Robert and Canadian Garage Door Guys by my sister, who had just had her garage door replaced with a CHI garage door. She chose a Long Panel Carriage House garage door with Madison windows in Wood Tone Accents "Mahogany" finish. The door looks amazing, and she was very happy to refer me to Robert from Canadian Garage Door Guys as a result of his expertise, price, and service.

We originally wanted dark painted garage doors (black or charcoal) but could not find a product or price we were happy with. (Black and Charcoal tend to be custom or premium colours that come at a premium price, and after much consideration my husband and I decided against a standard long panel garage door.) We did extensive research and obtained many other quotes from various companies before contacting Robert, and we can confidentally say he provided us with the best quote given the quality and style of the door we were interested in. We chose an Accents Planks door with four thermal frosted glass windows across the top in Wood Tone Accents "Dark Oak" finish. It's a unique look, and my husband and I couldn't be happier as it (along with subsequent window and door changes we made this year) have totally changed the look of our house. Robert delivered the product on time and the installation team did a great job.

The garage door was capped by a separate person, referred by Robert. Very nice gentleman who did a good job for a good price, but we did have communication issues in terms of timing, organization, and follow-up. We are not factoring that into our review of Canadian Garage Door Guys, however, because that work was negotiated separately.

We would refer anyone to Canadian Garage Door Guys who are looking for a good quality, high-end product at an excellent price. Robert was knowledgeable and professional and was great to deal with.

Note that the garage door was the first exterior change we made this year. The windows are no longer cream.

Jason Marquez from Mississauga
Jason Marquez from Mississauga

Garage Door and Capping

Upon first meeting the owner Robert at my place, I could tell that I would never meet someone more knowledgable and passionate about garage doors than him. He explained to me what constitutes a good door and install. After checking out a few other companies with prices in and around the same area (some companies were cheaper, but that adage of "you get what you pay for"...), I felt this company would be the best fit and value for me.

And I couldn't be more right (so far)! The door was exactly what I wanted, the installers were professional and efficient, the capping was done much better than what I usually see, and they installed the garage door opener I provided. Even when I had problems with the garage door opener a few days later (again, I provided the garage door opener, not them), they came by free of charge and fixed it.

All in all, great company, good experience, and I always love supporting small Canadian businesses. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!