Pacific West Mechanical

T Bard in Burnaby
T Bard in Burnaby
0 reviews Burnaby, BC

Low water pressure - Resolved

Our downtown condo recently had low water pressure to the entire suite. We originally had two other plumbers attend, but neither of them could resolve the issue. Pacific West Mechanical attended, reviewed our suite and the building's equipment. They were able to quickly resolve the issue off the building's equipment and restore our water pressure. Their technician was very polite and extremely knowledgeable. We would recommend this company for complex building issues and their efficient service.

Private User reviews Richmond, BC

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. I barely ever take the time to write a review even if using a bad service. This was exceptionally awful. If you look closely at their online reviews there are very awful ones and there are ones they may have paid for to be good for their marketing. They do not communicate well and they have the most awful customer service. They will charge you without communicating their amount -
They will treat the people in your home belligerently, they are not far from normal customer service standards. I highly recommend you read some of their other reviews before subjecting yourself to their awful customer service personnel who you let into your own private spaces/ homes.

edwardo from Burnaby
edwardo from Burnaby
0 reviews Burnaby, BC

KITCHEN RENOVATION

I was very impressed with the quick response and effecient work ethic that i recieved from Pacific West Mechanical the office was great to deal with. I would recommend Pacific West Mechanical to my family and friends.

Victoria from Vancouver
Victoria from Vancouver
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Faucet Filter Replacement

Was charged a hefty "investigation" charge in addition to a hidden "truck fee" $$$$$. No confirmation about whether the parts you've purchased are correct nor were they receptive about the problem you are having. ALSO NOT RECEPTIVE TO CUSTOMER FEEDBACK. I called to file in a complaint after the fact, the "complaints department" also turned out to be the same guy who answers initial calls. Blames customer 100% for fault and labels it as "miscommunication". Don't bother. You've been warned.

e from Richmond
e from Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

heat pump

I had the worst experience ever with the company. Not only did they not completely resolve my heating system but there was an additional charge every time we had asked for service. It was an overall frustrating and unhappy experience. They also overcharged. Paid $1500 and its still not fixed. Absolutely would not recommend.

johnnyb from Vancouver
johnnyb from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

sink, dishwasher and water filter installation

Project ended up costing quite a bit more than the estimated $700 - it took 2 people 3-4 hours of work.

Contractors stated that the water filter and the pipes wouldn't fit under sink in the spot where I wanted it - after the job was done I measured around the new pipes they installed and the machine would have fit with a couple of inches room to spare. Both the contractors and Pacific West front desk refused to (1) acknowledge their mistake and (2) offer any kind of fix or compensation.

The plumbing work was ok, though I found it quite a bit more expensive and rushed than a good individual contractor's that not working for a big company.

Overall - I wouldn't recommend their services to anyone; I for sure won't use them again.

Don in Vancouver
Don in Vancouver
1 review VANCOUVER, BC

Thermostat replacement

I called this company on the recommendation of the building concierge; however, I will go back and let him know that this is not a good company to be recommending. I had a thermostat replaced by Pacific West Plumbing. The technician was good; however, the price the office told him to charge me for a replacement thermostat was outrageous - $342 for a Honeywell 8000 available online $176, and Home Depot carries the Honeywell 8500 for $139. Plus, I had to pay for the 1/2 hour it took the technician to drive to their supplier and get the part, even though Home Depot is 5 minutes away. Not sure why they would use a parts supplier that has prices so much higher than retail pricing? With this kind of markup on their parts, it really makes their $90/hour labour charge much higher. It was a total of 2 hours to diagnose and correct the problem, plus the "Truck Charge" of $28, tax, for a total of $616. They offered a $51 reduction after I phoned to complain, but $550 to replace a thermostat is very high. I would not recommend this company - check yelp.ca for reviews of plumbers in Vancouver - there are a few good ones listed.