NEWPORT DESIGN BUILD

Reviews for NEWPORT DESIGN BUILD

Larry B in Toronto
Larry B in Toronto

Deck Renovation and New Fence

Domenic put in concrete footings with sono tubes and built the fence. He had some complicated work to do for the deck because we demolished part, created a new section and put in new railings tying into the preexisting deck. He helped me move and alter a large garden shed we tied into the new fence. He also somehow got me a good deal for the large waste bin and yards of soil we used. The end result looks sharp and the price was very reasonable. Domenic will do whatever he can to make sure you are happy with the job.

Thanks for the great review Larry and we're very happy you like the end result

Sarah Major
Sarah Major

Garage - Concrete support/structural work

We needed to have the first two courses of cinderblock replaced under our garage unexpectedly (came up while having the drive way replaced). We were referred to Dominic for the work. He was responsive, reliable and explained everything to us. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Hi Sarah
Thanks for the great review and it was a pleasure working with you all and hope your enjoying the new driveway...

Sunder from Leslieville
Sunder from Leslieville

Balcony rebuild and reinforced. New railings

Dominic is the best contractor you can ever find. He does things in your interest, what is best for you and your home.
He rebuild our balcony, reinforced it, dug out new footings and poured concrete for them.
He coordinates well with the city inspector for inspections.
He is very experienced In structural reinforcements, handling brick walls and concrete slabs.
Highly recommend his work and work ethics.

Thanks you for the Great review Sunder
It's very much appreciated and look forward to working with you in the future

macgregorconstructiondesign in Toronto
macgregorconstructiondesign in Toronto

Block masonry, brick, waterproofing, structural lintels

I am a contractor in Toronto and Dominic had done many jobs for me. Some of these include bricking in window openings, repair and complete restoration of block foundation walls, parging, adding new stone window sills, enlarging openings to accommodate new windows and doors as well as addressing complex structural issues that most people would run away from.
I've known Dominic for a while now and have been nothing but impressed by his amazing skill and drive for quality.
On top of that he is a person of integrity and honesty and that is the most important to me.
Thanks Dominic!

Thank you for the great review Blake and great to hear your so pleased with our service

Thanks Dominic

rviirre in Toronto, Ontario
rviirre in Toronto, Ontario

Lintel, small rebuild and tuckpointing

After demolishing some interior plaster walls in our 117 year old Junction house, we found several cracks and holes through the double-brick walls, clear through to daylight. Dominic responded quickly, and quickly came to assess the situation. He reassured us that our house wasn't about to collapse (a relief!), and gave a very honest and credible opinion of what did (and didn't) need doing to fix it. He didn't push any unnecessary repairs. He ended up installing a new steel lintel over a basement window, removing and replacing a small section of brick wall above that window, and tuckpointing along several minor cracks. He did the work quickly, at a great price, and it looks great. I can't say enough good things about his work, service, honesty, etc. And on top of all that, he's just a super nice guy. Highest possible recommendation!

Thank you for the job and the great review and for your recommendations also
Very much appreciated

Dom

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Pointing on House

First of all, I would like to thank Dominic for coming to my rescue! We had accidentally used a white sealant on the crack over our garage and there was an ugly zig zag mark on the front of our home. Thank goodness Dominic could fit us in right away and he was able to do all the pointing on our house (over the 30 years since our home was built there was a lot of settling, resulting in numerous cracks in the mortar over our doors and windows). He was very responsive and showed up on time. He showed me all the areas that needed work and once it was done, he went around the house and showed me the completed work, asking if I was happy and if there was anything else. I was really impressed since it must have been 35 degrees out there and Dominic worked well in to the Dinner hour. Also of note, I found that his pricing was more reasonable than other quotes I received. I would highly recommend him!

Thanks you for the great review and great to hear you guys are so happy

Dom

Angelina
Angelina

water proofing

We had some water in our basement and we didn't know where it was coming from. We were going on vacation the next day and were worried there would be more water while we were away. We called Dominic and he came the same day. He quickly discovered the source of the leak and had the repair done the same day. He also took the time to explain everything to us so that we understood everything and could guard against potential future leaks. I would not hesitate to hire Dominic again or recommend him to a friend.

Hi Angelina

Thank you for the great review and glad to hear we got it sorted out for you guys

Lynn
Lynn
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Garage floor foundation repair

We are very happy with the work Dominic did on the repair of our garage floor foundation.

Dominic is professional, punctual, knowledgeable and above all else ... honest ! We would recommend him to anyone looking for quality work , and an honest opinion . If we needed help again, we wouldn't hesitate to contact him. A truly friendly and honest guy .

Thank you for the great review and and it was great working for you guys and glad all went well

Thanks Dominic

Teri in Toronto
Teri in Toronto

Concrete repair - sidewalk

I can't say enough good things about working with this company. They are professional, they show up on time, and Domenic takes as much time as you need to understand fully what is going to happen, and what isn't. He's also great with prickly neighbors, and when asked, has good suggestions about other projects that I'm working on.

Thanks for the Great review and glad to have got everything back to normal for you guys look forward to working with you in the future

Thanks again

Mary from Toronto
Mary from Toronto

Century home - foundational stone wall repair.

I initially called Dom for a quote on a area of my brick wall where water/moisture was seeping through to the interior wall due a faulty downspout. I had assumed that the area behind the gutters needed to be tuck pointed and patched up, but he advised me that the brick wall was sound and that if I repaired just the eavestrough and downspout that the water leakage would no longer be an issue. I had 5 mason companies come out to quote me on the job, and Dom, along with one other company advised me the exact same thing. That I'd be wasting my money because there were no cracks or areas missing mortar -- that the brick wall was in good condition. I really appreciated his honesty. Instead he focused on my secondary job which was the foundational stone wall that was in dire need of repairs (i.e cracks, holes and loose stones). Dom quoted me promptly on this work, and it was on par with the other company that displayed honesty. I decided to go with him instead as I knew he himself would be on the job rather than just sending workers and having a foreman type person inspecting the work after it's completed. Once I told him I was good with the quote, he was very communicative and flexible with scheduling as I had another trade scheduled in first to replace eavestroughs, soffits and facia, and due to a number of rainy days they were running late. When Dom arrived to do the job, he took the time to explain how he'd repair the wall, and what materials he'd be using. It took a few hours, and once it was completed he had me come out to expect it. I was very pleased. It looked great! He was very thorough and the area was super clean too. What pleased me the most was that he had a bit of left over mortar and asked me if there were any other areas that I knew that needed a bit of patching up as he didn't want to toss the remaining mortar out if it could be used. I had a few cracks in and around a window sill that needed a bit of mortar and he gladly patched that area up too. I will use Dom again if I require any mason repairs in the future and will certainly recommend him to my friends.

Great to hear yours so happy with service Mary and we look forward to working with you in the future

Thanks Dom

More about NEWPORT DESIGN BUILD

Newport design build is an award winning masonry company Servicing Toronto and the GTA We do pride ourselves on keeping clients happy so apart from our reviews please feel free to request any pictures of previous work or the talk to some of our previous clients for references Below is ...