Lumberjack Construction

Chris  in Edmonton
Chris in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Landscaping and Concrete

I can't say enough good things about the guys from Lumberjack Construction. We had them come out to landscape our new home and put in a new concrete patio. My wife and I were very pleased with the results. Ahmad was very responsive and customer oriented. He made sure everything was up to our standards and took care of everything from dealing with the city for the final grade to final walk through. I would highly recommend them to all my friends and family and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. Thanks again!

Thanks for your review! It was a pleasure working with you!

Justin
Justin
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Final Grade, Final Grade Certification and Sod

Dishonest and unreliable. We had contracted Lumberjack Construction to perform final grade, final grade certification, and sod on our infill duplex lot. At first the service was good as questions were answered on a timely basis and the work was scheduled earlier than expected.

After the topsoil was delivered and spread, there were delays with the remaining work to be completed. Delays were first blamed on requiring further inspection of the retaining wall. The next delay was blamed on waiting for the City Inspectors to do the final grade inspection as they had sent the survey documents to the City.

After further delay, I contacted the City myself and they confirmed that they never received any survey or documentation from Lumberjack. At this point I no longer trusted them to complete the work and I ended up getting my own surveyor and having the City inspection taken care of.

To top it all off, the final grade completed didn’t even pass inspection. This company has severely delayed my landscaping plans. I would look elsewhere for your landscaping needs since they won’t hesitate to be dishonest and have shoddy workmanship. I have proof of the dishonesty and excuses via email including responses from the City.

It's unfortunate you feel we were dishonest in any way.

This job was completed earlier than anticipated. It was also surveyed as soon as the grade was completed. After noticing that the retaining wall built by the builder would most likely affect the final grade approval negatively (and it did), we decided to inspect the wall first and see if there was something that could be done to mediate this issue.

After discussing with the surveyor, we decided it would be best to submit the survey to the city and wait for a response from the inspector. If the inspector was looking for a minor repair, it would make more sense to do that then to remove and rebuild the wall entirely. A decision made to save you time and money.

You then let us know that you had contacted the city and that nothing was submitted. Rather than asking us why this occurred, you decided you did not require our services anymore and hired someone else.

We looked into this issue and realized there was some miscommunication between the surveyor and the city. We admit that the survey wasn't sent, for some reason, but we would have been happy (and obliged) to solve this and ensure your certificate was received and your job was done right.

We pride ourselves in being an extremely honest company. We never have and never will intentionally be dishonest with a client. We appreciated your patience but would have really wished you spoke with us rather than making decisions before figuring out the facts.

Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Edmonton?