Sears

Review for Sears

Don Davis from Quinte West
Don Davis from Quinte West
2 reviews Quinte West, ON

water softener purchase and installation

I purchased a water softener from Sears and had them delivery and hook it up. When they delivered it, it was not taken out of the cardboard packing, like their competitors do. When Cliff came to do the install, it was obvious he was not a qualified tradesperson of any kind and was a subcontractor using his own vehicle. He carried in a few tools in his hand and did not seem to have a proper toolbox. He needed to modify the water pipes to hook it up and charged me an additional $35 for parts and provided no receipt. When it came time to remove the old softener, I had to help him as he "forgot" his cart. When I checked at the store later, I found that I was charged for a new installation and not a replacement (a difference of $50 + tax). A manager called back to say that they would see if they refund me part of the $35 but nothing came of it. I am very disappointed in how the quality of service at Sears has deteriorated. After this experience, I will never enter their store again for anything. Be wary of their maintenance service!