Stan's Heating And Air Conditioning

Reviews for Stan's Heating And Air Conditioning

Marsha in Toronto
Marsha in Toronto

Furnace Replacement

Looked at many companies but I really felt Stan’s was the best choice for us. Great product and competitive pricing. The install was painless. The team left the place spotless and walked me through everything, answering every question I had along the way. Stan’s came highly rated, and we are happy we made the decision we did. From the sales appointment, to the install scheduling, it was a great experience.

Wonderful, this is exactly what Stan's Heating and Air Conditioning strives for. Thank you.

lindsay-bradley
lindsay-bradley
1 review Ottawa, ON

Installed new furnace and air conditioner

Very professional job, installers were very polite and did a fantastic job, thoroughly cleaned everywhere they worked . Walked me through all the new equipment, totally satisfied

Great to hear! Stan's Heating and Air Conditioning looks forward to serving you in the future!

WolfSpark in Ottawa
WolfSpark in Ottawa

Outstanding service!!

My previous neighbor had been recommending Stan's to me for years prior but at the time, I was happy with who I had for my HVAC needs back then. When I had issues with my A/C in the past summer, I took her advice and called Stan's for a second opinion. I received an appointment for the same day, despite that being the first time I'd ever called them. Shortly after the technician from Stan's showed up, he diagnosed the issue and uncovered something that my previous HVAC company's tech had missed. My A/C itself indeed had issues, but it had also caused an issue with my furnace, which was promptly repaired by Stan's. The tech (Franck) was extremely knowledgeable and took time to explain the issue, the repair and replacement options, and to answer my questions. From this first experience with Stan's, I quickly switched to them for my furnace and A/C servicing. As of this writing, I'll be getting a new A/C installed in the spring from Stan's, as my previous unit was at the end of its life (12+ years old).

Fast forward to a week ago: my hot water tank (rented from another company) began leaking from the bottom and it was clear from the sediment in the water that the tank was finished (also being 12+ years old at this point). I called the hot water tank rental company and though I won't go into the details here (will likely save those for their review), after a no-show mix-up on my service call, an apparent inability to install the new vent pipe entirely by themselves, misleading me on my prior furnace installation with respect to the vent pipe used, and being 3 days without hot water at this point, I decided to give Stan's a call based on the stellar service I'd received in the past.

From the time I made the call, Stan's was consistent and reliable (sadly, not common attributes these days). I received a call back from Kent in sales almost immediately, and we discussed the options and timelines. At that point, I'd decided I didn't want to waste another cent on my rental company so I cancelled my service with them and purchased a new hot water tank from Stan's. By the next day, the install was scheduled and the guys showed up - as always with Stan's, on time. Not only did they do an overall amazing job on the install, they were able to do the install without making any additional cuts in my drywalled ceiling - the exact opposite of what the rental company installers had said would be required. Thank you for an amazing installation, Kofi!! Stan's took me from a broken water tank and extremely unhappy to a new tank and incredibly happy and satisfied in a very short amount of time.

To touch on it again, Stan's techs are amazing: they are clearly very knowledgeable and experienced, they take all precautions to protect flooring, are careful in every aspect of the install, take time to answer questions, and clean everything up before they leave. Simply outstanding! Aren't these expectations that any customers would have of their installers? Yes, of course. But unfortunately, having dealt with several HVAC service companies over the years, these expectations are rarely met. In fact, I didn't realize how unknowledgeable and unreliable (and sometimes downright dishonest) some other companies are until I dealt with the awesome folks at Stan's. Stan's is clearly very customer-focused and go out of their way to make sure the customer is satisfied - and that is exactly the kind of company to which I want to give my business.

My only regret is that I didn't call Stan's years ago; I wonder how much money, stress, and aggravation I would have saved if I had. The best thing is knowing that I can rely on Stan's: they call back when they say they will, and they show up when they say they will; it's top-notch service from the time you pick up the phone until they leave your home. By the spring, I will have my furnace, A/C, and hot water needs met by Stan's and I couldn't be happier.

Thank you, Stan's, and please keep up the great work!

P.S. Also, a shout-out to Sherri (sp?) who is manning the phones and dispatching sales and service calls. Thank you for all of the coordination and follow ups!

Stan's Heating and Air Conditioning thanks you so much for the wonderful review!!

kent
kent

Furnace cleaning

Franck the technician was knowledgeable and efficient and even caught a part that was starting to wear. He replaced the part under warranty and now that won’t cause me the downtime of a broken furnace. Great job Stans

den.lab
den.lab
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Renove two furnaces and 2 A/C’s and add a furnace and 2 A/C’s

Stellar. Clean. Efficient. Knowledgeable. Did much better than even my high expectations.

Three men took two two full days because this was a complicated job. Finished at 8 pm tonight. Only heard positive, professional comments from all three.

They left my property immaculately clean. They took the time to explain the equipment.

Their fees were fair and competitive when conpared to other companies with excwllent reputations. I had less expensive quotes for the same equipment but I just knew that Stan’s was of a much higher calibre when it came to service.

I will continue to use their service and to recommend this company to family and friends.

glad to hear you had a great experience and thanks for sharing your story.

Wright in Kanata
Wright in Kanata

Furnace

I called Stan's Heating and Air Conditioning on Monday regarding a noise coming from our furnace. We made an appointment for the next day - they were good enough to call me 30 minutes ahead allowing me stay at work until they were en route - they actually were able to come 30 minutes earlier than anticipated which was great. I met the technician and a trainee who were able to diagnose and repair the problem I had called about, but they went further to do a full inspection of the furnace before they left. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Stans Heating and Air Conditioning to anyone looking for quality work done with care and respect.

Well thank you for that. I am glad you had a great experience and thank you for sharing your story.

Ian
Ian

Hot water heater installation

Workers showed up on time, went about their work quickly and easily, removing the old hot water heater and installing the new one. I felt bad for not doing more prep of the area, but they didn’t even bat an eye.

thanks for the kind words Ian.

natalie.leblond
natalie.leblond

Furnace and ductwork

Work was done on time and really well done. Jim was lead installer and did a really good job with the duct work. We recommend Stan’s to everyone we know who are looking for hvac service.

that's great Natalie! We really appreciate your feedback and we will make you proud to refer us.

Unprofessional staff

Impolite staff (technician and appointement coordinator)
She is unable to give me a specific time, between 2-4pm she says.
I took half day off work for this
The technician showed up at 4:30,no apologies. He rushed to fix the problem. After 5min,he left banging my door behind him,and went to his truck. He came back after 20min,with the invoice. Minimal explanations

Hello david_dara,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We have tried to reach out to you in an attempt to see if we can help resolve these issues. please call us back at your earliest convenience.

Devine Hands - Handy Randy
Devine Hands - Handy Randy

Water Heater & Dryer vent

I just can't say enough about Stan's Heating and Air Conditioning. After a nightmare experience with an unscrupulous water heater company, we were so amazed how Stan's walked us through the process of ensuring we were being treated right (a process that uncovered the so-called contract the other company indicated they had with us was non-existant).

They not only saved us considerable dollars, but they replaced our tank with a better product that ensures our family of four can ALL have morning showers now without issue. To top it all off they gave us a thank you gift and nothing but exemplary service.

I also had them vent an upstairs dryer out back, again perfect workmanship at competitive pricing.

I would be happy to recommend Stan's to anyone looking for heating and cooling options.

thanks for the kind words!

More about Stan's Heating And Air Conditioning

For more than 40 years, Ottawa-area homeowners have trusted Stan’s Heating & Air Conditioning to keep them comfortable and breathing easier—no matter what Mother Nature throws our way.
From the most complex installation to routine service and maintenance, Stan’s Heating & Air Conditioning has the expertise, the people and the products you need. We’ll work with you to find the solution that’s right for your home, one that fits your needs—and your budget.

Here are some of the ways we deliver that peace of mind:

*trusted—we’ve been serving the needs of Ottawa homeowners since 1969
*experienced—all work is performed on-site by Stan’s own employees
*knowledgeable—our staff are fully trained and able to service all makes and models
*professional—we are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau (A+ rating) and a certified member of the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI)
*respectful—being clean and tidy at all times is just one small way we show how much we appreciate being invited into your home
*dependable—we are a proud supplier of Bryant heating and cooling products, the manufacturer recognized by Consumer Reports as the most reliable in the industry