Green Authority Corp

349 Four Valley Drive Vaughan ON L4K 5Z3
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Green Authority Corp
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Green Authority Corp

The owner himself came to assess my basement, he gave me a great quote to have duct work done for my entire basement as well as cutting off a gas line that was connected to an old fire place. The quality of the duct work was above my expectations and have done an amazing job keeping my basement at the right temperatures. He also had all the duct work painted with a special sealant that stops air from escaping through the cracks. I would recommend having duct work done by this company especially if you want high quality work.

Review has 1 previous version
Jodi Rosengren in Mississauga
1 review , ON

Unfortunately, we have had the worst type of service imaginable from the owner of this company, spanning 2 years and have given him every opportunity to resolve our problem. If you e-mail, you can't get a response, if you phone and leave a message, you will not get a return call.

We considered several companies when doing a complete home renovation and considered it vital to choose a company we could depend on. In May 2015, we purchased a complete high efficiency furnace, tankless hot water system, a natural gas fireplace and York 2 ton air Conditioning Unit.

The Installation went well. Unfortunately, the Air Conditioning Unit fails every 6 weeks, since it has been installed. There has been at least 15 service calls. Valves and seals have been replaced. Welds have been fixed, the freeon has been added countless times. It has been stated by multiple technicians that there has to be a manufacturing fault in the unit itself, because everything else has been fixed, replaced, or examined.

And here it is, 6 weeks after the last repair and another spell of hot weather which meant the unit has been running, and it's iced up and shut off again and we had to text the owner and company, only to have no reply. I can not wait another 7 to 10 days to get one which is taking us into October, as is the normal method of communication from this company.

If you are considering working with a company, you have to choose one that is willing to communicate with you and who will take the steps necessary to fix a problem when one occurs. We bought an air conditioning unit from this company 2 years ago and have yet to have a summer where when the the temperatures got hot, that the thing actually worked.

We've spent hundreds of dollars on hotel bills because the temperatures in the house melted coconut oil and made the computer overheat and it made it impossible to work from my home office waiting for them to return my calls so I could make arrangements to have them come and do the service call.

If Terry the owner takes the time to read and respond to this message, as he won't reply to the text, email or facebook ones my husband or I have sent in 2 days, then please be aware that as discussed 6 weeks ago, this time, the only solution acceptable to us is a replacement of this unit as clearly there is a defect in it and has been from day 1 and it is time to make this right. It has been 2 years of my contacting you every 6 weeks from May through September.

Nothing would please me more than to remove this post and have the air conditioner we paid for, an air conditioner that works.

Review has 1 previous version
rshanoff in

Terry and his crew were very professional.
His price was much better than the other companies we contacted.

His crew took the time to walk us through all the features and gave us a good list of do's and don'ts to maximize the life and performance of our HVAC system.

Super happy with the results, would definitely recommend them!

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business

RichmondHillCitizen
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Furnace started acting up in sub-zero temperatures with wind-chill in negative double-digits. House became really cold instantly. Didn't know who to call but found an old invoice in my email from Terry. Wrote a description of my problem and fired off an email hoping to hear something by the following morning while setting up space heaters here and there to warm up the building.
To my utmost surprise and happiness, within a minute I had a courtesy email response from Terry, who while showing his genuine concern had also suggested what might have gone wrong with the furnace. A couple more short email exchanges had him almost diagnose the problem with certainty.
The following morning when I was thinking of calling him, Terry called me to verify my address to send in an extremely polite and efficient technician, who within a very short period of time, verified the problem, fixed the furnace, checked the codes after the test-run as well and left within no time.
I always knew I was in safe and reliable hands because of my prior experience with Terry and his team. This experience has further strengthened my faith in all of them.
I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.
P.S. Since I had been a customer before, I was also offered a discount for which I had not asked for, which of course, I happily accepted!

Green Authority came and installed a new Hydronic Water heating system for us. We had some unique requirements to minimize space and sound, and this seemed like the best option.

We had a Hydronic Air handler and tankless water heater installed to provide both heat and cooling to our home rather than a loud furnace. They used the existing A/C compressor outside. We used dead space by mounting it on the wall above the sump pump.

The system is working well and have had no issues with heating the house so far and it is very quiet.

We had a few minor issues during the project but Terry seemed to genuinely care about his customers and did his best to make sure we were satisfied.

One of the parts failed that was not Green Authorities fault, and they replaced it within a day.

Review has 2 previous versions

Garry Anderson Toronto Realtor

They installed an entire HVAC AC for me and did it all and the duct lifting. I thought they did a really good job. I also found them through the HomeStars website. One of the guys left his tools at my place because of an emergency so they had to get someone else to come in and get it. This wasn't too much of problem for me though because it was an emergency. They were super punctual and even stayed late. They did everything that needed to be done.

Eugene Karanxha from Toronto

Green Authority took the old furnace and installed a new one. They had to do some additional work for the piping. The job was done really well but I had to ask for a second contractor. The second time around it went very well as the technician was knowledgeable and I had no problem with their workmenship.

James Fraser from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Green Authority supplied and installed a new furnace for me and did an excellent job. I couldn't rate them any more highly! These people are amazing. They basically gave me a deal that no one else would match on a top of line furnace. I found that other AC companies were really pushy and were trying to milk you for your money. But I really liked and appreciated how Green Authority offered me many options and and in terms of sales were very attentive and not pushy. I found that Green Authority wasn't that well advertised, as I only found them because I wanted to purchase a YORK finance and looked up dealers.

RichmondHillCitizen
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Very courteous and professional customer service.

Mr. Koutros (Terry) took the time to carefully listen to my situation. He then proceeded to explain the diagnosis, repair, and billing process. I only provided the serial number and he looked up and verified the warranty information on his end in an extremely timely manner; a perk one enjoys when dealing with authorized/certified dealers.

The technician (Mr. Yuri) arrived on time. He was extremely polite and well-mannered and an excellent listener. This was instrumental in verifying the prompt determination of the faulty furnace. He worked briskly and professionally. Not once did it appear that he wanted to slow the progress of the repairs to make an extra buck. In fact he very attentively continued his work while tending to the countless questions I asked him. He departed after ensuring the furnace was fixed and running additional tests to make sure it didn’t cause any troubles down the road.

Ended up paying less compared to all other furnace repair businesses I had called. The plus point of an all parts warranty came into play; the technician had arrived with the potential replacement part streamlining the repair process without any delays.

Payment to the company was smooth over the phone with a subsequent arrival of payment receipt in my email.

Overall I am a very happy and satisfied customer. Felt like I was in a car dealership receiving warranty covered service by a courteous staff. Throughout my dealing I felt I was communicating with an honest team of professionals.

More about Green Authority Corp

This company was born from a seed of belief that says “We could do it better! ” When asked, why us? We think of the 3 pillars of our foundation. . . One. . . We are dedicated to providing homeowners with complete home energy saving solutions. When we say ...