Green Authority Corp

349 Four Valley Drive Vaughan ON L4K 5Z3
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Toronto  >  Green Authority Corp
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Green Authority Corp

rshanoff in

Terry and his crew were very professional.
His price was much better than the other companies we contacted.

His crew took the time to walk us through all the features and gave us a good list of do's and don'ts to maximize the life and performance of our HVAC system.

Super happy with the results, would definitely recommend them!

Job Price

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business

RichmondHillCitizen
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Furnace started acting up in sub-zero temperatures with wind-chill in negative double-digits. House became really cold instantly. Didn't know who to call but found an old invoice in my email from Terry. Wrote a description of my problem and fired off an email hoping to hear something by the following morning while setting up space heaters here and there to warm up the building.
To my utmost surprise and happiness, within a minute I had a courtesy email response from Terry, who while showing his genuine concern had also suggested what might have gone wrong with the furnace. A couple more short email exchanges had him almost diagnose the problem with certainty.
The following morning when I was thinking of calling him, Terry called me to verify my address to send in an extremely polite and efficient technician, who within a very short period of time, verified the problem, fixed the furnace, checked the codes after the test-run as well and left within no time.
I always knew I was in safe and reliable hands because of my prior experience with Terry and his team. This experience has further strengthened my faith in all of them.
I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.
P.S. Since I had been a customer before, I was also offered a discount for which I had not asked for, which of course, I happily accepted!

Job Price

Green Authority came and installed a new Hydronic Water heating system for us. We had some unique requirements to minimize space and sound, and this seemed like the best option.

We had a Hydronic Air handler and tankless water heater installed to provide both heat and cooling to our home rather than a loud furnace. They used the existing A/C compressor outside. We used dead space by mounting it on the wall above the sump pump.

The system is working well and have had no issues with heating the house so far and it is very quiet.

We had a few minor issues during the project but Terry seemed to genuinely care about his customers and did his best to make sure we were satisfied.

One of the parts failed that was not Green Authorities fault, and they replaced it within a day.

Review has 2 previous versions

Garry Anderson Toronto Realtor

They installed an entire HVAC AC for me and did it all and the duct lifting. I thought they did a really good job. I also found them through the HomeStars website. One of the guys left his tools at my place because of an emergency so they had to get someone else to come in and get it. This wasn't too much of problem for me though because it was an emergency. They were super punctual and even stayed late. They did everything that needed to be done.

Eugene Karanxha from Toronto

Green Authority took the old furnace and installed a new one. They had to do some additional work for the piping. The job was done really well but I had to ask for a second contractor. The second time around it went very well as the technician was knowledgeable and I had no problem with their workmenship.

James Fraser from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Green Authority supplied and installed a new furnace for me and did an excellent job. I couldn't rate them any more highly! These people are amazing. They basically gave me a deal that no one else would match on a top of line furnace. I found that other AC companies were really pushy and were trying to milk you for your money. But I really liked and appreciated how Green Authority offered me many options and and in terms of sales were very attentive and not pushy. I found that Green Authority wasn't that well advertised, as I only found them because I wanted to purchase a YORK finance and looked up dealers.

RichmondHillCitizen
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Very courteous and professional customer service.

Mr. Koutros (Terry) took the time to carefully listen to my situation. He then proceeded to explain the diagnosis, repair, and billing process. I only provided the serial number and he looked up and verified the warranty information on his end in an extremely timely manner; a perk one enjoys when dealing with authorized/certified dealers.

The technician (Mr. Yuri) arrived on time. He was extremely polite and well-mannered and an excellent listener. This was instrumental in verifying the prompt determination of the faulty furnace. He worked briskly and professionally. Not once did it appear that he wanted to slow the progress of the repairs to make an extra buck. In fact he very attentively continued his work while tending to the countless questions I asked him. He departed after ensuring the furnace was fixed and running additional tests to make sure it didn’t cause any troubles down the road.

Ended up paying less compared to all other furnace repair businesses I had called. The plus point of an all parts warranty came into play; the technician had arrived with the potential replacement part streamlining the repair process without any delays.

Payment to the company was smooth over the phone with a subsequent arrival of payment receipt in my email.

Overall I am a very happy and satisfied customer. Felt like I was in a car dealership receiving warranty covered service by a courteous staff. Throughout my dealing I felt I was communicating with an honest team of professionals.

Job Price

We had Green Authority come into our home to take a look at our furnace, which kept turning on and off without fully firing up. Unfortunately, this happened to us on New Years Eve, so we knew it would be tough to get someone in. We used an online app that set us up with Green Authority. Our technician came in the following day, which we appreciated. He took a look at our furnace and told us that it was the flame sensor. He seemed quite confident. He was friendly and answered questions, so we felt comfortable calling him again after he told us to monitor the issue and call him back with updates. We paid him $200 for this visit because we hired him through the online app on a holiday.

Days later, we continued having the same issue, so we called him to come in. He brought a flame sensor, which he installed into our furnace. He told us it would be $150 for the part and installation- we obliged because we thought this would fix the problem. We later figured out that the problem was not the flame sensor.

We called him back again after we continued to experience issues. He just sort of threw his hands up and recommended that we get a new furnace. Actually, he recommended replacing our furnace, water heater and AC all at once (at a significant cost) for a discount.

After some Google-ing and Youtube-ing, my husband figured out that our issue was the pressure switch triggering because condensate fluid was not being flushed out of our pump fast enough, causing our furnace to shut off. It turns out there are LED lights on the furnace that indicate where the problem is. We didn't know this, but the technician should have. Our technician never even attempted to look at the LED indicator lights. If he had, he would have known that the error code indicated a pressure switch-related issue and not the flame sensor.

In the end, he accepted hundreds of dollars from us without even taking reasonable steps to diagnose the problem. He just assumed it was the same problem that most other furnaces have and made a recommendation that caused us to give him even more money. We are not satisfied with his service and would not recommend this company for furnace repair.

More about Green Authority Corp

This company was born from a seed of belief that says “We could do it better! ” When asked, why us? We think of the 3 pillars of our foundation. . . One. . . We are dedicated to providing homeowners with complete home energy saving solutions. When ...