Discount Granite Plus

Angie
Angie
1 review Georgina, ON

Bathroom Counter and Sink

My mother had her bathroom counter and sink replaced. She dealt originally with Stephanie. All was good until they came out and installed the counter and sink. After the workmen left the plumber came and told them that the taps wouldn't fit. She called the store and they sent out someone but the plumber couldn't wait which means there will be a third charge for the plumber's service.

When the workmen arrived they were rude and condescending!!! They basically blamed my mother for buying the wrong taps!!! How do you buy wrong taps for a sink??? They were of no help and upset her greatly. She called me crying. She called back Stephanie who said it wasn't her department that dealt with the service people. She told mom that she would get a call. No call. An email saying she has to buy different taps.

At no time did anyone ask her what kind of taps would she be installing or how what she needed. They came, they measured and left her with no taps. Solution, plumber will put in the taps she bought and they won't be able to use the stopper.

I realize that somethings don't always work. It was the attitude and the way the serviceman spoke to her that makes me see red!!!! To be so rude as to make a 76 woman swear and cry is totally unacceptable. I will be posting this review on as many social media sites as possible.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Quartz Counter Top

Last Tuesday I had my counter installed by Discount Granite. The Installers were wonderful and I like my quartz counter top but I don't love it as it was not my first choice which I fell in love with? After I paid approx $1700 for half of the invoice and approximately 10 days later I was told that the quartz I picked, ordered and paid for was completely unavailable? I would have thought that once they took my order they would have checked right away if that order was available and they should not have suggested it before hand if they didn’t know if it was available as well? Also the manner that I was told that I had to pick something out else was very unapologetic and "well it’s sort of happens" was theIr attitude and also since I was on a time crunch now I asked if I could get quotes on the two other samples they were suggesting but then I was told no they would be too busy and yet it was only around noon on a Friday and had all afternoon to call me back and even if they had to stay five minutes later I should have received the quotes so that I could make my quick decision, which I did not!!!! I must say that I did call two other companies and they provided me with four quotes one within 10 minutes and one within 20 minutes! My biggest issue with Discount Granite is the customer service or I should stress lack of customer service! I understand we have been going through Covid but I was able to continue my renovation with other companies in regards to my flooring and my wonderful new kitchen by Craig at Lets Face It Kitchens and by the way he was absolutely completely professional and so incredibly wonderful to work with as well as Justin who installed all my flooring and I highly recommend both of them! I am also in interior design and sales and yes we have been trying to work through Covid and have managed as best we can but we have provided incredible service that is tenfold over the service I got at Dicount Granite, as we were all working with the same restrictions but for some reason they were very late opening up but more importantly bringing their staff back to work or even 1 salesperson at least in each department That was not the case so if there was rarely there to help and help was needed! The communication was horrendous as I would leave many messages on the phone on text and rarely received a response and when I did I had no idea who I was talking to and they had no idea basically who I was and why I was calling and they also had no idea that I had already had my template done so basically it was all over the map! I don’t like to talk to five different people in regards to one countertop I expected and was told that one person would be dealing with me from beginning to end and that was not the case at all! Especially on the day of installation as no one knew when my installers were to be at my home as I received two completely different confirmation times the night prior and then when they did not show up in the morning I assumed they were going to show up at the other time which is 1 PM and almost 2 hours later they still weren’t here which was no fault of their own. As you can imagine I was completely frustrated and I requested some compensation back but was told absolutely not and that I paid I signed a contract I got my counter and basically goodbye! Extremely disappointing and I would never recommend them to anybody I knew as I would not want anybody to go through what I went through especially with all that confusion and stress! I was going to order my backsplash there as well but after that fiasco I went elsewhere!
Thank you I DO NOT RECOMMEND DISCOUNT GRANITE!!!!

Not Happy

Would not recommend this company. First off, they want 30% at time of signing, and then full payment 24 hours prior to installation. So this gives the company full control. There is no customer service and the installers were inexperienced. My husband had to help them remove our old counter tops and help install the new ones, even though we paid for these services. The installers were unprepared and had no pride of workmanship. One of the installers even told my husband that he was no longer employed by this company, and was only there to help, so if this was his full time job, he would have cared. My husband called the office to voice his concerns, and was told that they would get back to him. That was over a week ago and still no return call. Unprofessional. I would not refer anyone to this company.

Hi Janette
can you give us a call
we cannot find your information in our system and are concerned that you may be thinking of another business
look forward to hearing from you
discount Granite Plus
705.481.1236

Celine in Barrie
Celine in Barrie
3 reviews Barrie, ON

Kitchen renovation/update.

Excellent customer service all round. They are professional & polite. Calls & emails are returned in a timely manner. We used Helen & she sourced our granite selection as it wasn't one they kept in stock. The slabs arrived quicker than expected. Install was professional. They even returned to address a seam as they were not completely happy upon install. I am so happy with my granite choice & get lots of compliments. Highly recommend this company.

Stephen
Stephen

Kitchen Reno

Fast and reliable, treated us like family! My wife and I had a specific style in mind for the kitchen, and the courteous staff made our thoughts a reality, while being very professional and knowledgeable throughout the process. Highly recommended!

thanks Stephen

alaynahissa in Barrie
alaynahissa in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Kitchen counter

The team at discount granite was wonderful. Marian was a gem! She was paitent and helpful while helping me narrow down to my final choice. The installer were friendly and got the job done quickly and efficiently and cleaned up when they were done. Would 100% recommend.

thank you Alayna!!
you were a delight
your quartz counters pair perfectly with your cabinet and your choice for backsplash tile was flawless!!

pinneysbeach in Barrie
pinneysbeach in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Granite Installed and I love it!!

I had my counters installed by the team at Discount Granite Plus in Barrie a few years back.
The counters still look like new
The selection process was customized and unique. They even took time to shop with me at the suppliers to ensure I was selected the best stone for my kitchen.
Durable, beautiful....I cant wait to get my bathrooms and basement bar completed by them!
Thanks again for a great experience!!

brown pearl was a great choice!! glad you love it
if there is anything we can do to support please let us know!

joseph
joseph
1 review Angus, ON

Kitchen and bathroom counter top and vanity

the entire process was easy and fulfilling from the start to the finish their prices were better than anywhere else and I did take time to shop around I would 100% recommend on my friends and family as well as any further business that I do will definitely be through discount Granite Plus

Avalanche granite will bring you years of joy! thats for making our job easy!!

MarieO in Barrie
MarieO in Barrie
5 reviews Barrie, ON

Bathroom Countertop Replacement

We needed to replace our bathroom counter-top and sink/taps and with a limited budget, so we decided to try out the new Discount Granite Plus located in Barrie, Ontario. We were met by Stephanie (co-owner) and we were amazed at her pleasant and patient demeanor! We were so undecided initially and she and her staff took the time to help us make the perfect decision! The order was placed and the granite countertop and sink were delivered sooner than promised. The installers worked fast and efficiently but after they left we noticed a tiny crack in the sink which may have happened during transportation. It was barely noticeable but we wanted it replaced. Granite Plus was very surprised and upset that this happened to us, so they immediately sent someone over to replace the sink! We are simply amazed at their quick reaction to fix the problem their concern/dedication in ensuring their customers are totally satisfied. I must also mention that their pricing is very affordable. Thank you Granite Plus!

Donna in Barrie
Donna in Barrie
4 reviews Barrie, ON

New Quartz Counter top

Andrina@discountgraniteplus.ca was amazing!!!!! She goes above and beyond, customer service is second to none. And their installers super professional. Great guys. If you are looking for reasonably priced product and great service I highly recommend them

More about Discount Granite Plus

Welcome to Discount Granite Plus. Our concept is simple. A beautiful stone counter top or surface for less and a process that is seemingly transparent. We are fabricators which means we build your stone project right here at our site. Our prices include template, custom fabrication and installation. Because we ...
Looking for Countertops pros in Barrie?