Sierra Gate Homes

Reviews for Sierra Gate Homes

mike from Ottawa
mike from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Roof replacement, new eavestroughs, soffit and fascia replacement, as well as a complete removal and construction of a front porch and a second floor porch. Many others as well....

My organization (which is a social housing provider in Ottawa) has been using Sierra Gate Homes since 2014. I originally contacted Angus to complete a rather large project at one of our five properties.
This property needed a roof replacement, new eavestroughs, soffit and fascia replacement, as well as a complete removal and construction of a front porch and a second floor porch. All required immediate attention. Angus and his staff worked tirelessly even throughout the winter to ensure this project was completed when other contractors would not work.
The house where this project was located is in a historic downtown area and was built in the early 1900’s. Angus and his staff (Bruce, his right hand man) did an incredible job. They were able to mirror the original characteristics of this property, and added many extras without further costs. The residence looks just like it would have when it was originally constructed.
Projects that Sierra Gate competed for us have been: an office renovation, fire code updates at two of our properties, and complete removal and construction of a porch at another early 1900’ home. Sierra Gate will soon be returning to this property to remove another upper and lower porch, and an old fire escape. They will be constructing new porches, custom steel fire escape, and adding a wheel chair ramp.
As the Property Manager for my organization, I keep a short list of trusted contractors that I call on regularly to complete minor and large projects. Angus is the first one that I contact for any projects.
Angus has always provided a fair quote, and has never gone over budget on any projects. As some contractors do by providing a lower quote, but then will come back with ‘problems’ needing more money.
Angus and his staff are very professional, friendly, are hardworking, produce excellent results, and take great pride in their work. All of our residents at the homes where they have done work have enjoyed having them there and have never reported any issues. We have taken on Sierra Gate to complete many other projects and will continue to call upon them.

I would highly recommend Sierra Gate to complete any projects no matter the size and scope. If you would like to speak to me personally please feel free to contact me through Angus.

Mike, we sincerely appreciate your positive review! Daybreak is an excellent organisation doing extremely important work in our community. It is a privilege for Sierra Gate Homes to assist you in making sure that your properties are well maintained for the residents. We look forward to working with Daybreak on future projects!

doug from Ottawa
doug from Ottawa

New Roof and Windows

Very clean and extremely professional! All the workers were friendly and polite! They stayed within budget kept us aware of everything going on during the project! GREAT JOB! We will use them again!

Thank you for your kind words, Doug!

Aaron Dahl from Ottawa
Aaron Dahl from Ottawa

Small Business Fit Up

I contacted Angus Ravanelli from Sierra Gate homes to do the fit up for Not Your Father's Barber on Murray Street in the Byward Market because he came highly recommended to me from the building owner. I'm very grateful that I did. Never having opened a small business in a retail space before, I had a lot of questions and concerns about permits, building code and inspections and Angus was always available to me to not only answer these questions for me but to intervene on my behalf with inspectors regarding certain aspects of the fit up. He not only saved me money on the job, which was already reasonably priced, he also saved me stress and gave me peace of mind that the job was being done to spec and therefore there would be no issues come inspection time. And he was right, inspectors were very impressed with the work that was done and the shop passed easily and quickly.

Sierra Gate arranged permit drawings, electrical upgrades, plumbing installation as well as finishing work related to the plumbing venting and baseboard work after painting. The subcontractors were punctual, professional and obviously very skilled in their individual trades. Not only did Angus arrange these contractors, he was present at least once, often more, every day that work was being performed. He was very hands on, available for questions and oversaw the work the way a General Contractor should. He took responsibility for every bit of work that was done in the shop and made sure everything was done to my satisfaction.

Angus and Andrea were one of the best decisions I made during the planning process of opening my business. I know 100% that if I do ever run into any issues with the work done in the shop that they will stand by their work and I've very happy with their guarantee. Angus and Andrea have checked in more than one time since our opening in early July to check in on the work, the business and me personally to see if I need anything. Amazing people, amazing work and a reasonable price. Everything I was looking for in a general contractor and I've found one for my next project whenever that may be.

If you're considering a contractor, look no further than Sierra Gate Homes.

Thank you very much, Aaron! It was a pleasure working with you on this renovation project. Thanks to your vision, Not Your Father's Barber is an inviting establishment with a very professional look!

More about Sierra Gate Homes

A design-build, construction project management and renovation firm, Sierra Gate Homes has twenty-five years of experience in residential construction. We are a licensed and registered builder with Tarion, and a member of the Greater Ottawa Home Builders' Association. At Sierra Gate Homes, we take great pride in the quality of ...
Looking for Builders pros in Ottawa?