Environmental Plumbing

Reviews for Environmental Plumbing

Matt McG in Ottawa
Matt McG in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

A trilogy of hot water tank service calls

We needed our hot water tank moved a few feet away from the wall for a foundation repair job in our basement.

Gary came out on the first visit to move the hot water tank, install a short-term pex piping solution, and it was successful. He even installed a new valve shut off (we had a tap shutoff previously), which was great. When the valve shut off started to drip, Gary came out on a Saturday to double-check and tighten the valve (which was greatly appreciated).

The third and final visit was to move the hot water tank to its final resting place (after the foundation repair job had completed). Our hot water tank is now in a perfect location, has an improved valve shutoff mechanism, replaced the pex for proper copper piping, and even added a plastic blow-off hose (which we didn't have before).

Improvements applied on all fronts for our hot water tank, and very grateful for his good work and quality service.

Thanks for your help and hope you had a great holiday.

Lindsay in Ottawa
Lindsay in Ottawa

Water supply valve leak

I called Environmental Plumbing as I needed to get a quote over the phone. It was a pretty standard leak. I was able to send pictures to Gary and he was able to tell me over the phone what he could do to help. On New Year's Eve he came all the way over and repaired the leak in minutes!! Other companies told me it'd take a few days to even get a quote. My valves were discontinued and I was told by other companies I'd need to completely replace it to a new one. Thankfully Gary keeps spare parts exactly for this reason! He had the tiny little cap I needed and saved me HUNDREDS of dollars. I am so incredible grateful for his fast response, dedication and understanding. I'm happy to finally have a "plumber guy"!!!!

Thanks, your the best.

Trudy in Ottawa
Trudy in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Fixed a leaking pipe connection to outside spout.

It was a pleasure to be a customer of Gary and his assistant this July, 2018. They were timely and professional. We felt we were dealing with an honest and skilled team. They had to work in a confined space but did so without complaining even though the task took longer because of it.

Sorry it has taken so long to thank you you your excellent review
but we were on vacation.
Thank you very much.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Repair and installation

Gary and his assistant Steve were friendly, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and did a great work fixing my leaky hose bib despite a challenging installation, and installing a new kitchen faucet. They showed up on time and cleaned up after they were finished. I don't really know what other plumbers would have charged but I felt the price was fair.

Thanks for the review. We did find a pin hole in the hydrant.

dick in Ottawa
dick in Ottawa

Excellent and timely service

This is not the first time we have used Gary. He is knowledgeable, efficient , prompt, affable and goes the extra mile. We would recommend him. He also cleans up!

Thanks for the kind words.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Leaking from base of the toilet

We had water that seemed to be leaking from the base of our toilet. Gary was able to come the same day that we called and discovered that the wax ring at the base of the toilet needed to be replaced. He promptly replaced the ring for us and cleaned up the mess under the toilet that had been caused by the leak. We were very impressed by his prompt service and the time he took to explain what needed to be done.

Thanks for the great review. You said you were moving so be sure to tell the new owners that the work is warranted for 2 years.

GRATEFUL in Ottawa
GRATEFUL in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

rocking toilet and another constant running toilet ,under sink x3 issues etc.

Being a new homeowner ,I new to call a pro ,1st company 10 days to come &$80.00 before the job . I called E.D.C ,be next day .(awsome) Gary and Steve were here on time just as polite and PROFESSIONAL as could be. Gary turned a nightmare plumbing issues into peace of mind for us ,We are so very grateful

Wow, thanks for the great review.

B.C.
B.C.
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Very happy

Steve (Gary's helper) replaced a broken drain pipe under our kitchen sink under Gary's supervision. Gary is attentive and experienced. He took the time to view my drain photos prior to coming on site and have all parts ready. He also explained what are the possible outcomes and gave quotes in advance.

Great work, reasonable price, and fast availability. Recommended.

Great review. Your job was perfect for Steve to learn on.
Thanks again

Sean in Nepean
Sean in Nepean

Snake Laundry Drain

Called Gary Saturday morning for an emergency clog. Gary arrived in no time and snaked that laundry drain like a boss! He was in and out in 45 minutes. He has a ton of experience and knew exactly how to solve my problem. Would call him for any plumbing issues.

Thanks Sean for the great review.

Keith G in Kanata
Keith G in Kanata

Drain issue

We just had the pleasure of dealing with Gary and Steve from Environmental Drain Cleaning.

After living with an irritating drain problem for six months we finally checked Home Stars to find someone to address it. Based on the positive reviews we gave Gary at Environmental Drain Cleaning a call and we are really glad we did.

What we thought was a localized issue turned out to be a bigger and dirtier job than we anticipated. Gary and Steve systematically chased the problem down through less than optimum post renovation drainage explaining how and why along the way. Turned out that what we thought was a problem in a 10 foot stretch ended up being a problem 80 to 90 feet away.

To cut to the chase and sum up our experience;

- Gary and Steve are not only very personable, they know their stuff;
- They took a systematic approach to solving our problem explaining as they went;
- They had the right tools on hand to get the job done properly;
- Given the time and effort involved in solving our issue they charged a very reasonable price (we were expecting more).

We will have no reservation recommending Environmental Drain Cleaning to anyone we know who needs Drain service.

If you’re reading reviews and on the fence on who to call for drain issues, stop wasting time and give Environmental Drain Cleaning a call!

Great review. Always hope for 5 stars but that was over the top. Thanks a bunch.

More about Environmental Plumbing

Environmental Plumbing is an Ottawa based company that offers full service drain cleaning, plumbing repairs and is a local distributor of Bio‑Clean.

Company founder, Gary Greco, is an established professional with over 27 years of experience in the business. Gary is the founder of Faucet Fix, a well-known Ottawa plumbing business that has been established since 1989.

Full Service Drain Cleaning, Repairs and Replacement of Existing Fixtures (Faucets, Sinks, Drains, Toilets.)

Gary has used his professional experience and knowledge to focus on drain cleaning and repairs as well as Bio‑Clean, an environmentally friendly, natural product that will help keep your drains free from blockages. Bio‑Clean is a proven solution for your drain maintenance needs, useful for all types of consumers: homeowners, businesses, and landlords as well.