Environmental Plumbing

Linda Major in Gloucester
Linda Major in Gloucester
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Wonderful experience

My bathroom taps were getting harder and harder to turn and needed new cartridges. Gary answered my service request immediately and ordered the parts. They kept me informed re delivery of the parts. While I ended up getting a whole new faucet set (my choice) their professional manner, accomodation to my working hours and competence at the job were outstanding! I would highly recommend them for all your plumbing needs. Thanks guys!

Thanks for the positive review, sorry getting warranty parts take so long.

Dwayne in Ottawa
Dwayne in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fast, Efficient and Friendly

The came on the same day that they were contacted and showed up promptly. After diagnosis they determined that a main passage was clogged. I filled the sink with water while they used a 'snake' to remove the obstruction. We tested it afterwards with both the kitchen sink and the slop sink in the basement. There were no issues.

The whole process took roughly 20 minutes.

They are courteous and friendly and to me the price seems reasonsable.

Thank you for the great review.

Stan
Stan
1 review Ottawa, ON

Top quality work and customer service!

Requested quotes from multiple Ottawa plumbers to replace two defective anti-siphon frost-proof wall hydrants installed by original homebuilder 17 years ago, and I wanted the work done within the next day or 2.

Gary at Environmental Plumbing was the fastest at responding, on both HomeStars and direct email, had an open appointment slot for next morning, provided a full all-in quote upfront, explained the work required, made sure I knew that I would be getting the super premium Woodford Model 19 with a full 5yr parts & labour warranty, and that other shops may quote me for the inferior Model 17.

Other companies were slow at responding, did not have any availability within next few days, told me I needed to pay a dispatch fee and then an hourly rate after, would only install a Model 17, and/or couldn't obtain a Model 19.

Dan arrived the next morning, was very easy to talk to, professional, and knowledgeable, explained the work involved, showed me the install process, and answered all questions that I had.

I definitely overpaid for the garage wall hydrant job, it was very fast and simple to do, and I could have easily done it myself. However, replacing the backyard wall hydrant was extremely tricky and involved a lot of work - cutting a hole into my basement ceiling, cutting a bigger hole through the floor joist, fishing a PEX tube through bend, and installing a panel to cover the ceiling hole.

For the speed of chat/email responses, the quick appointment availability, the quality of work, the quality of parts, and the 5yr parts and labor warranty on the hydrants, I'm ok with the price paid.

I highly recommend Dan and Gary, especially if you have a complex/tricky situation.

Thanks for the detail in your review we really appreciate it.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

kitchen drain

We had a clogged kitchen drain that wouldn't respond to our attempts with over the counter drain cleaners. Dan was able to respond within 24 hours of our request for repair. Dan explained the problem to us very courteously and cleared the drain and replaced some pipes in rceord time. The price was very reasonable. I would definetly use the services of EnvironmentalPlumbing again and would recommend them very highly to others. Thanks again to Dan and Gary
Cathy

Thank you for this great review.

Robert in Ottawa
Robert in Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Good experience. Friendly, professional, prompt!

We were very pleased with Environmental Plumbing.

They installed four new toilets and a laundry room vanity for us.

They provided good advice, excellent service!

Thank you, Dan and Gary!

I will let Dan know you give such a great review.

Philippe in Ottawa
Philippe in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Finding cause of blocked basement toilet

Another plumbing company was sent to my house 5 times by my property manager to unblock a toilet. Plumbing company told me the pipe was undersized and they were finding wipes. Told property management company to ask Environmental Plumbing to come look at the reason it keeps blocking and their first visit they found a foreign object in the toilet even sent me a video. Cannot rate this company high enough for their professionalism and documenting on video what they found. A+++++

Hope your recommendation encourages the management company to use us for other jobs.

Toilet reseal and drain cleaning

They came to reseal around a toilet as well as check out a few drains that were draining slowly. Had a great experience with them; they do great work and explain the process well. I would definitely recommend Environmental Plumbing.

Thanks.

Mike in Ottawa
Mike in Ottawa

Sewer Gas Issue

Gary and Dan arrived to assess a nasty sewer gas smell on the top floor of our townhouse. Thank god for the experience these 2 gents came with! Through a process of deduction and excellent tradecraft they found a disconnected main stack located in a very hard to access section of wall. As it turns out the issue was caused when the building was initially constructed in the early '80's and probably had never been correctly inspected. Gary and Dan corrected at least 7 deficiencies the least of which was properly venting this mix of very toxic sewer gases. We had just moved into this townhouse about 2 months prior and only noticed the smell about 3 weeks in as it was increasing with intensity weeks went on. We had googled remedies but to no avail and lucked out getting a rec for Gary's company from a neighbour. I would highly recommend Environmental Plumbing!
Thanks...Mike McCormick

Thanks for the great review. It certainly was the most interesting call we have done in a long time.

Barry Millman from Ottawa
Barry Millman from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great service, FAST!

I needed five plumbing tasks done: diverter valve replacement, new tap, repair dripping tap, water hammer fix for washing machine, new ball valve shutoff for outside spigot.

Gary and Dave arrived the same day as their estimate (same day I posted on Homestars) and did the work quickly and professionally. They also opened a drain that had been running slowly for about 37 years.

I definitely recommend this company!

Thanks for the kind words

Stephen
Stephen
1 review Ottawa, ON

Water leakage in basement / kitchen sink repairs

We were contacted within a few hours of posting our concern on HomeStars by Environmental Plumbing. A team of 2 came the very next day and quickly identified the source of the leakage and replaced a cracked drain pipe. They were friendly, worked efficiently, and removed the damaged pipe and insulation from our home. We were extremely satisfied with their work, professionalism, and the cost charged to us. As a result, we asked them to look further at our kitchen sink pipes that were slightly damp and the sink stopper leaking. They came back the next day and replaced two kitchen sink baskets. All is working well now and we will not hesitate to contact this company again should any plumbing needs arise. We highly recommend this company.

Thanks for the recommendation, we really appreciate it.

More about Environmental Plumbing

Environmental Plumbing is an Ottawa based company that offers full service drain cleaning, plumbing repairs and is a local distributor of Bio‑Clean.

Company founder, Gary Greco, is an established professional with over 27 years of experience in the business. Gary is the founder of Faucet Fix, a well-known Ottawa plumbing business that has been established since 1989.

Full Service Drain Cleaning, Repairs and Replacement of Existing Fixtures (Faucets, Sinks, Drains, Toilets.)

Gary has used his professional experience and knowledge to focus on drain cleaning and repairs as well as Bio‑Clean, an environmentally friendly, natural product that will help keep your drains free from blockages. Bio‑Clean is a proven solution for your drain maintenance needs, useful for all types of consumers: homeowners, businesses, and landlords as well.