Great One Fencing

Reviews for Great One Fencing

Steve in Toronto
Steve in Toronto

Fence Repair

I needed a new post installed in my wooden fence. Jonathan came when he said he would, did what he said would and charged exactly what he quoted. What else can you ask for. And to top it off, he is a real nice guy.

Steve Bakalar

Konstantin in Toronto
Konstantin in Toronto

Chain link fence

Good job installing a chain link fence and a gate in my backyard. Everything was done on time and within budget. I am fully satisfied and would recommend Jon. Thank you.

my pleasure

Igor
Igor

Chain link fence installed between properties

Good quality work to build a fence in side yard between properties. Johnathan showed right on time and inspected border line. He explained me how he was going to build fence. I gave him money for materials and he bought them at local Home Depot. He has all possible instruments in his truck even to cut cement blocks as opposed to others I was talking. Job was completed same day. He was also doing some extras for very reasonable price.

it was my pleasure

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Fence installation

Same day fence installation during the rain. Very solid work at last minute notice. We appreciate the extra effort to get this done for us so that we can move in with our dog!

Thank you and no worries.
urgency jobs are my specialty for quick turn around date of completion.
thank you for the trust and confidence

Shamsi
Shamsi

Do Not hire At any cost

Beware! He ran away with my money! Somebody needs to set this guy, Jonathan up for investigation and report him to the police. It looks from all the reviews here that he does the same thing with everyone. Please Don’t believe anything he says or writes on the invoice. He won’t stick to it. I don’t know how many more people he’ll continue to take Advance money from and run away with it, without finishing the job before he’s held accountable.
I got his number from Kijiji without reading his reviews; a mistake I’m still regretting. The positive reviews seem fishy anyway since they use same words.

He deliberately charges less than the market price and within limits of small claims court. He makes a detailed invoice to convince you that he’s the best for the job but will not stick to it. He asks for advance for “materials“ as it is consistent with all the reviews here and my own experience. Then he makes an appearance for a few hours everyday. He asks to be paid everyday for extra materials that he needs on site, going against the invoice since according to him “things don’t go according to plan in construction business” And then comes the creative excuse. From the other reviews if you see, it was an accident or he hurt his eye. In my case, I asked him to do the extra work (which I didn’t because it’s written on the invoice in his right hand writing for the price agreed)

On the last day on which he said he would finish the job (which he obviously wasn’t able to because he was never on site for some reason or another) He came and took all the “material” that I had paid for. Seeing him load all the material on his truck, I asked him what he was doing, he said the material was garbage/crooked and had to be exchanged. Little did I know I was getting fooled by him ready to run away with as much as he could take away with him. As far as I’m concerned, when you take someone’s money, you finish the job or if you can’t finish because of some excuse or another, you return the money. He ran away with all the advance as well as with all the material that was delivered which I had already paid for!

Here is a little background about my situation. He has a lot of my money. They were the last of my savings which I’ve been collecting for a few years. I got fooled into paying him so much in advance. Now I don’t have any money left to get the job done by anyone else since my husband is the only earning member of my house. I also have a six-month-old baby and don’t have a job.

My cases with the police. I will update my review with anything changes. I’m trying to save others from losing their money. You should see if you can set him up for an investigation. This has to stop Now.

home owners should be available for contractors to review and comment as well .
home owners maybe run in to 1 bad contractor in there life. i have to deal with at least 5 home owners every year that try to be sneaky .
this was a matter of no interest in my schedule nor an understanding of a contractors time frame that was priced . no patience and nothing but accusations even after all material on site same day and halfway complete. none stop delays with material payment also interruptions for extra work that was not scheduled. had to continue with my schedule with client accusing me of whatever the very next day and called the cops the next day . what does that tell you .
still never said anything about not completing but for some reason thats all the client thought no matter how much work got done .
ridiculous. also anyone notice that client is absolutely perfect in her rant .

good day

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Very unprofesional dont hire guys

Taking advanced and not show up to finish the job. Call so many times every time new excuse. also take advance from neighbours for material same story not show up. Not referr to anyone. Bad Bad very Bad attitude.

Ok anonymous, really? you're going to talk complete nonsense without giving actual facts with my name in bold letters, but you hide yours this is my life. I did 30 feet of full privacy wood 6x6x10 posts and two gates in two days. As I was about to start the neighbours, I hurt my eye on a job. I was working at night/late evening because of the pandemic and wanted to get as much extra work as I could. Anyway, I hurt my eye called the client and told them I might be out for a few days because I hurt myself. Literally the next day, he calls 34 times in a row in. Texts of ridiculousness asking where I am? when he was told of a later start dates (couple of days later). Does he not reply asking for another day, when there's only 2 days to go and the next 2 days till that start date was doing nothing, but talking nonsense and not understanding that sometimes things happen during jobs that are out of the contractors control. The world does not revolve around your job. You have to be patient and roll with the punches. Unfortunately, the accident happened, time was needed and not a lot( it was 4 days )but all four days you guys were just acting like complete jerks. people don't know how to write good reviews only bad. 8 years I have two bad ones from clients that are lost in their own world.

Jonathan fencer

Toronto25 in Mississauga
Toronto25 in Mississauga

Amazing work

This guy is super down to earth and super fast!!!!. I need my Fence done on short time frame, which I though was not possible for the amount of time we had. Jonathan finished the job 2 days earlier. Amazing!!!! Highly recommended!!!!! Will use Great one fencing again on future projects.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Amazing guy

Great Quality, professional service and reasonable price. Great one fencing provided a great quality, great looking fence and met a tight time frame that I put out for them. Jonthan was very professional and responsive to my needs and that of the project. I would and will definitely recommend Great One Fencing to my family and Friends.

my pleasure

Unprofessional; do not hire

I initially found this guy's info at Home Depot, and hired him to redo our fence, but he took our money and never finished it. He claimed he needed money upfront to "get materials" but then eventually stopped showing up. He was incredibly difficult to get ahold of, always making excuses as to why he didn't show when he was supposed to and then just didn't show up at all (saved screenshots). All in all, childish, unprofessional and has poor work ethic. Avoid.

never left any business cards at any home depot location nor would they allow it . funny how my clients are private users but have no problem trying to make someone look bad without having any control over it ,except keep doing what im doing . anything to do with fences done correctly

Jonathan fencer

Jenifer in Pickering
Jenifer in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Great job

Greate job done by jonathan and very hard working and take care of all small detailed work to be done. He did excellent job putting fence between our neighbours in our backyard.

I'd like to thank you guys for being honest and willing to share your experience with
GREAT ONE FENCING .
As in all construction jobs, when braking down walls or digging in to the foundation, unexpected things are bound to pop up. Its how the client and contractor handle the situation. Im always been one to talk things over before making any decisions concerning my cclients job .
Thanks again jenifer and im glad the dogs are safe and your kids have a private place to play. Also happy that all adults are happy with getting there privacy back. Glad to be apart of it. ALL the best
from Jonathan fencer

Looking for Fences & Gates pros in Mississauga?