Saltillo Imports Inc.

Tile & Stone Retailers
115 Tycos Drive Toronto ON m6b1w3
Tile & Stone Retailers
Saltillo Imports Inc.

Reviews for Saltillo Imports Inc.

Arrogant & Unprofessional Staff- Stay Away From This Company

Go here ONLY if you have no other choices. They called my wife and I names and swore on the phone only because we decided to return some of the titles that were warped.
Not only they knew that they sold us bad quality tiles, they also made us feel like we were being cheap and charged us 20% restocking fees.

The owner Mike and his employee Rohodora are MUST-avoid - if you want to enjoy your new tiled floor/walls just buy somewhere else.

Kristeen in Toronto
Kristeen in Toronto

Very happy-- will return for future reno projects

Was so impressed with their responses to email and phone queries and with their prices that my husband and I drove for 5 hours to purchase tile from them. It's hard to find experts in Saltillo tile but Mike (the owner) had the knowledge and experience to help us achieve the look we were after.

The tiles that we purchased are perfect. We were expecting to have some broken ones but out of the 220 tiles, not even one tile was broken! These tiles were a much better quality than the ones we purchased a few years ago from another store.

Thank you to Rho and Mike and to the warehouse employees for the great service, and for making the "terracotta lady" really happy! We have become loyal customers who will return for future tiling projects.

Line of Control
Line of Control

Backsplash tile Disaster

Worst customer service I have ever experienced at any store. Ever.

Grumpy, rude and inattentive staff. And very aggressive if you question them.

The samples they have in the store do not match what you get in the box from the warehouse. When you point this out you have to pay a 20 %restocking fee. Ridiculous.

Avoid the grief. There are hundreds of other tile stores I wished I had gone to instead.

Private User reviews Brossard, QC

Abusive owner & staff

Aweful & verbally abusive customer service at the Toronto location! I totally agree with the negative comments here that Rhodora (sales) is condescending--as if you're a child, she doesn't listen to you, and then begins to shout when you don't see eye to eye with her. Rhodora, you're in sales--the customer comes first & you are to show that you value the customers partronage, even if you disagree with them. The owner is verbally abusive! I've been in the showroom a few times, and each time I heard Rhodora and the owner shouting loudly at customers on the phone! Buyer beware-- Careful, the few positive reviews you see here are likely from the owner/staff. There are so many tile places that actually treat the customer with respect. Don't waste your precious time & hard earned money here!

Private User reviews Brossard, QC

Kitchen backsplash

Do not go to this tile place! Worst customer service! EVER. I should have known when I walked into the showroom & was directed to customer service representative named Rhodora at Saltillo Imports on Tyos Dr., who I overheard her shouting loudly & aggressively at a client over the phone.
Rhodora can be superficially sweet at first, but then starts talking down to you as child or an uneducated person, calling you "honey", when being in the mid 40s, I'm probably the same age, or older than her.
I picked out white oriental tile from the showroom, which I loved and even went to see it in the warehouse to see it. Customer service rep. named Rhodora, only let me see one box, I wasn't allowed to see any more. That box was ok, and based on that, I paid $856.54. I got the 10 boxes home, and when my contractor opened 2 boxes, non of the 10 tiles looked anything like the sample in the showroom & the sample I okayed in the warehouse.
When I called back & spoke very politely to explain to Rhodora that I'd like an exchange, I got a lecture about how tiles vary from sheet to sheet--I get that, they vary & depends where they were source. However, I explained that the difference between what I picked & what I got was a huge difference & they do not match with my counter. I finally convinced her to let me exchange them. I came to the showroom again, picked another tile & went to the warehouse, only to find, once again, that the tile in the looks nothing like the sample in the showroom. I tried to find another tile, because I know they have a 20% re-stocking fee, but couldn't a match. However, why should customers have to pay a re-stocking fee when what we order/okayed looks very different to what is given to us? That is unfair. When I called Rhodora the next business day, I asked her if the re-stocking fee could be waved (BTW I helped "restock" by unloading the 10 small tile boxes from my car, and put them on the shelf, which took 2 min.) Rhodora shouted at me, saying no way--started going off on rants about how tiles are different. I remained calm, talking politely, saying it is unfair to charge 20% restocking fee in my case. After shouting angrily, I calmly & politely asked to speak with the owner. Rhodora angrily said she would get him, putting me on hold (also got in his ear first). He came on & started shouting at me the same way Rhodora did. I politely asked him why he was yelling at me & to please stop, as I was,nt rudely shouting at him. He didn't stop yelling aggressively, saying "that's how I talk". When I tried to explain my situation, he cut me off several times, saying "LISTEN", and proceeding with telling me that a 20% restocking fee will be charge--AND he hung up the phone!! What?! Who does that to a customer who is politely speaking with them? DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE!!!! There are so many tile places you can go to spend your hard earn money. Give your money to owners/staff that actually treat you as a human & want your business. I should have looked at the already existing reviews from various reputable websites & they all take about the awful customer service from Saltillo Tile. BTW, the warehouse workers are the sweetest--excellent customer service--Rhodora & owner--take a lesson on basic customer service from your warehouse staff!

Jennifer in Toronto
Jennifer in Toronto

Loved this place

Absolutely gorgeous tile at this place. My bathrooms turned out beautiful.
Thank-you Rhodora you were so amazing with us.
You helped me out on many occasions and always had a smile on your face. It's not often you get such good customer service.
Thanks again Jennifer

VERY poor customer service

I have dealt with this Company twice over. 3 year period and the customer service is lacking.
The staff on hand is sparce and when you wait and wait for someone to even look at you they have a bad attitude and act as if you are bothering them in their busyness.
They have lovely products but dealing with the showroom and poor service continues to be very challenging.

Valiant Design Co.
Valiant Design Co.

Master Bathroom

The selection at Saltillo is so much better than any other tile supplier in Toronto. Their mosaic tiles are different, and gorgeous!
Yoani was a wonderful help and always very pleasant to deal with.

C E W in York
C E W in York
1 review York, ON

Nice tiles, poor service

The staff at the showroom location were not very helpful or personable and seemed almost inconvenienced by our patronage. Our order was almost two weeks late and we were never notified. When it was late for a second time, and had to go to two locations to pick up our very small order, again we were never notified. The staff did not apologize for their mistakes or for inconveniencing us. Fortunately, the staff at the warehouse went out of their way to help get us our order, but unfortunately they had to make up for the negligence of the customer service staff.

Suzanne in Toronto
Suzanne in Toronto

Renovation of a house

I did a full renovation of my house.

Saltillo Imports Inc. provided the ceramic and marble tiles for this project. Jody, the sales representative, was so helpful in choosing all the products. The people at the warehouse (where you get your products) were also very client oriented.

The choice of Saltillo is not the largest in town but it is the best one. It is a one stop place.

More about Saltillo Imports Inc.

Over the past 25 years, Saltillo Imports Inc. has grown from being a terracotta importer to importing various materials from all over the world. We import innovative patterns and materials, offering numerous options for the inner designer in everyone. Saltillo Imports has built its reputation by providing each of its ...
Looking for Tile & Stone Retailers pros in Toronto?