Stone Contractors Group

Reviews for Stone Contractors Group

Arlene in Toronto
Arlene in Toronto

Flagstone Stair Repair

I hired Carlo to advise me on how to deal with my 30-year old crumbling flagstone steps. I received other quotes and different options (including replacing the entire stairway!) but Carlo quickly differentiated himself from the other contractors I spoke to. His knowledge, professionalism and sound advice convinced me he was the best choice. Carlo and his crew were punctual, reliable, respectful and, most importantly, highly skilled at working with stone. I was most impressed that even after the work was completed and paid for, Carlo promptly responded to my request that he return to address a very minor matter. If you need any type of stone repair look no further - Contact Carlo!

Arlene , thanks for your review and was big pleasure working for my for you. Enjoy your steps. Big thank you from all the team. Best regards , Carlo

sarah in Pasadena
sarah in Pasadena
1 review Pasadena, NL

Front Porch Restoration

1. Workmanship equal to or above the government standard specifications.
2. Very reasonable cost.
3. Flexible schedule to suit the “critical path” method of excellent workmanship of the finish product.
4. Maintaining site clean up on a regular basis – excellent!
5. Warranty labour and materials to five years period
6. Prompt and being friendly and quite knowledgeable crew members of Tony and Julie
Last but not the least, Carlo’s ingenuity to come up with the most critical method of the two existing brick column support system had been quite unique, marvelous and excellent especially despite the prevailing extreme heavy windy weather conditions.
Above are just a few qualities and qualifications that has been impressive to us and consider this to be our duty to highly recommend to anyone seeking “Stone Contractors Group” services without any hesitations what so ever.
T. Jay, Markham
Retired Senior Construction Specialist for SNC Lavalin Inc. (A World wide leading Consulting Engineers)

T.J., thanks for all your kind of words on this review , was big pleasure working for you and your wife , was a very delicate project , to have all structural reinforce again with amazing final results. From me and all the team at Stone Contractors Group , my best wishes for you and your wife.
Carlo Gil

Melissa in Toronto
Melissa in Toronto

Random Cut Flagstone Walkway

I'm a tough critic with high standards. I've had quite a bit of work done to my house over the past year but no one impressed me as much as Carlo. He is extremely knowledgable, experienced and goes over and above to ensure that his work is done to the highest standard. He even worked overtime to finish the job quickly for my daughter's first birthday (and even bought her a gift!). I've hired him back to do work on my backyard and recommend him to all of my friends / neighbours.

Thanks Melissa for your review , very much appreciated, was pleasure working for you and your husband. Very happy that all of you are enjoying the stone work. Will be another pleasure working for you on back yard project. Best regards , Carlo. Cheers

Sue Retchford in Guelph
Sue Retchford in Guelph

Repairs to Stonework

We are very pleased with major repairs to our granite steps, retaining walls and walkways. Stone Contractors Group were reasonably priced for the work needed. They never cut corners and were hard working. The contract was clear. Communication was very good. The work was completed within the promised time frame. They removed our railings and replaced them afterwards which was a cost saving. The work team were experienced, pleasant and always cleaned up at the end of the day. We are pleased to recommend them. Our neighbours admire the work.

Thanks Sue for the review , was pleasure working for you and Chris. Enjoy the stone work and your summer. Best regards , Carlo

Anton in Toronto
Anton in Toronto

Flagstone walkout, driveway, steps

Carlo did a beautiful job on our front yard, steps, walkout, and driveway border. Our front yard is the envy of our neighbours who keep asking for his contact. He will be doing our backyard this year as well.
Great job Carlo!

Anton thanks alot for your review , was big pleasure working for you on this project and is going to be another pleasure working for you on the next backyard project. best Regards , Carlo

Alison in Toronto
Alison in Toronto

basement

In April 2018, I hired Stone Contractors Group, based on the enthusiastic reviews of their work here on Homestars, to widen a basement doorway and put over it a supporting steel lintel in what was the original exterior brick wall of my hundred-year-old house and is now an inside wall because of the later addition of a concrete-block-constructed basement kitchen with a new exterior door and a sunroom on the main floor over the kitchen. Along with widening and supporting the doorway, Stone Contractors Group improved a very uneven original basement floor with self-levelling concrete.
The work by Stone Contractors Group was done expertly and to my satisfaction by Carlo and his team. They are capable, experienced and very pleasant to work with.

Thanks Alison for your kind of words on this review , is big pleasure working for you , from me and my team , very happy that you love all my business work at your house. Best regards , Carlo

mgkltd66 in Mississauga
mgkltd66 in Mississauga

Front Porch Repair

We recently hired Carlo of Stone Contractors Group to fix our front porch which had become very unstable after the thaw this spring. Carlo was very prompt and explained everything he was going to do to repair the job. Carlo and his men did a great job. Not only does it look great, but it is structurally sound and I can rest assured that it won't shift as it did in the past. Carlo also pointed out some shortcuts the builder had taken when he built the porch. Carlo addressed these as well.

Thanks again Carlo!

Mark

Thanks Mark for the review , was pleasure working for you. Enjoy your new stone porch. Best regards , Carlo

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

Garage Foundation Repair

While doing some other work for us, Carlo did an inspection and found that there was a serious crack in our foundation that would have caused us to have our garage collapse and potentially take down a large part of our house.

The previous owners (we only bought the house a few weeks before) had tried to cover it up with a "band aid" solution - but Carlo was able to see past that and determine what really needed to be done.

Because it was a safety issue, he rescheduled the other work with us and went over everything that was needed.

His team was professional and the end result looks quite good. He reinforced the garage foundation both inside the garage floor and from inside the house in our crawlspace as well, all the way to the bottom of the crack. And he also added reinforcement inside the crawlspace too to prevent the issue from recurring. And he paid attention to the aesthetics as well, cleaning everything up making the outside look much better than it did before.

They did the work quickly and efficiently and we were able to sleep well at night. Thank you!

Thanks a lot Peter for your review , from me and my team was big pleasure working for you and your wife. Enjoy your house and all the work. Cheers , Carlo

Livia in Toronto
Livia in Toronto

Repair in home!

Was helpful in the overall planning and advising of various options as work team brings a wealth of experience. I am very pleased with the services provided by company. Thank

Was pleasure working for you Livia. Best regards,Carlo. Cheers

Lori Turrell from Toronto
Lori Turrell from Toronto

Replace stair treads, re-lay flagstone patios

Our front stairs (15) were shifting due to sand and two piece interlock material treads. The flagstone had also shifted over 25 years. I wanted solid stone treads to be placed on the existing interlock walls, the railing to be re-used, and the flagstone to be re-laid.
Carlo of Stoneworks was confident that this could be realized. Other companies seemed very negative. They either wanted to replace everything, or not re-use my railing ($4000.00), or suggested a compromise. Not Carlo. He took one look and together we planned it out.
I recommend Carlo and his team very highly. Courtesy, prompt response to email or phone, delivery of his promises on time and on budget, and an outstanding job. He consulted with me as the work progressed to be sure I was happy.
They are professional, have attention to detail, and provide quality workmanship. They show up on time, work hard all day and leave the job site clean. I feel very fortunate to have found Carlo. My stairs would still be waiting to be done if I hadn't found him.
Normally, stairs are built then they are measured for the railing to be made. In this case, I had an existing railing to be re-installed. Carlo measured and planned it out carefully, and the result is fantastic. We are very happy with our completed project, and we feel that we got outstanding value from Carlo.
Thank you so much.
Lori Turrell

Thanks a lot Lori for your review. Was big pleasure working for you and your husband. I hope working for you and future projects, big thank you , from me and all my team that work at your house, was challenge doing this project for you, I love projects like that, your steps they look amazing,my main concern from the beginning was for you to be happy at the end. Cheers. Enjoy your steps. Carlo

More about Stone Contractors Group

Stone contractors group has a proven track record of excellence in designing and managing several residential construction projects in the Greater Toronto area, including historic restoration, stone and brick pointing, and any other masonry services project. No matter the size of your project, our experienced professional masons at Stone Contractors Group will plan, design, construct, and maintain your masonry restoration project and repairs across Toronto and Mississauga including all the Gta .

Effective planning is crucial to the successful completion of any masonry or historic restoration project we perform, including all brick restoration work and stone restoration work in the Toronto area and Mississauga area.

Before starting the project, our team of experts will first assess your goals. Then we provide you with an estimate and timeline for completion. From beginning to end, you will be involved every step of the way with full-service, qualified masons who are highly skilled brick pointers and historic renovators who have countless jobs under their belt.

Our Services Include:

Repairs
Restorations
Brick restorations
Stone wall restorations
Stone step repairs and builds
Stone step and walkway restorations

We Will Build:
Gateposts
Stone Houses
Stone Porch
Stone Retaining Walls

Some of the Restoration jobs we completed are:
Stone Walls & Restoration